This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
It’s the night before Thanksgiving, and you’re trying to figure out what to make for dinner. You’ve got a few things in your pantry, but you’re not sure if they’ll be enough. You start rummaging through recipe books, but nothing looks quite right. Then you remember that old 4 ingredients chicken bake recipe your mom used to make. You pull out the ingredients and get to work.
The end result is a delicious chicken bake that everyone enjoys. The best part? It only took minutes to put together!
There are few things as comforting as a home-cooked meal, and this chicken bake is no exception. Packed with flavor, this dish is perfect for a family dinner or get-together.
This recipe for a 4 ingredient chicken bake is perfect when you need something quick and easy. Just pop it in the oven and you’re done! And it’s healthy, too, thanks to the addition of veggies. So give this recipe a try – your family will love it!
So, if you’re in the mood for a delicious and easy chicken bake, give this recipe a try. It only takes four ingredients and about an hour from start to finish.
Plus, it makes enough to feed a hungry crowd, so it’s perfect for potlucks or family gatherings. We hope you enjoy it!
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
Table of Contents
- Why we love this recipe
- What Kind Of Chicken Do I Need To Use To Make 4 ingredients chicken recipe?
- Serving Suggestions
- What is the best Internal Temperature for Baked Chicken?
- How to make 4-Ingredient Chicken:
- How to store 4 ingredients chicken bake
- How to freeze 4 ingredients chicken bake
- How to reheat 4 ingredients chicken bake
- When baking chicken thighs, do you need to flip them over?
- Do you bake chicken covered or uncovered?
- 4-Ingredient Chicken
- More Chicken Recipes
This 4-ingredient chicken bake is so simple and tasty.
Why we love this recipe
This 4-ingredient chicken bake is one of our favorites because it’s so simple but so tasty. The chicken is juicy and flavourful, and the cheese and bacon add a delicious salty crunch. It’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
What Kind Of Chicken Do I Need To Use To Make 4 ingredients chicken recipe?
There are all sorts of chicken you could use for a 4 ingredients chicken recipe. You could use a whole chicken, chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or even chicken drumsticks. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time if you’re using a different cut of chicken.
There are many ways a to serve 4-ingredient chicken bake. One easy way is to serve it over some cooked rice or pasta. You can also serve it with a simple salad or some roasted vegetables. Whatever way you choose, this easy chicken dish is sure to be a hit!
What is the best Internal Temperature for Baked Chicken?
The best internal temperature for baked chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked through and safe to eat. You can use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken, or look for the USDA’s recommended safe cooking temperatures.
Tips for 4 ingredients chicken bake:
- Be sure to season your chicken well with salt and pepper before baking.
- You can use any type of vegetables you prefer in this recipe. I like to use broccoli, red onion, and grape tomatoes, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- This chicken bake is great as a main dish or as a side dish.
- Chicken thighs
- Dry French onion soup mix.
- Russian dressing.
- Small jar of apricot preserves.
How to make 4-Ingredient Chicken:
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a large cast iron with pam cooking spray.
Step 2. Using a large bowl, mix together the french onion mix, Russian dressing, and apricot preserves.
Step 3. Using a cast iron, place the chicken into the cast iron.
Step 4. Coat with the dressing.
Step 5. Place cast iron into the oven and bake for 75-85 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
There are many variations of the 4 ingredient chicken bake.
- You can exchange the 4th ingredient, the bread crumbs, for 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Another variation calls for 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in addition to the bread crumbs.
- You can try different herbs, such as oregano, thyme, or basil.
Experiment with your own variations to find what you like best!
How to store 4 ingredients chicken bake
Once your 4 ingredient chicken bake is complete, you will want to store it in the refrigerator. Make sure to tightly wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in a sealable container so that the flavors will stay locked in. The chicken bake should last around 4-5 days in the fridge.
How to freeze 4 ingredients chicken bake
It’s easy to freeze 4 ingredients chicken bake. Simply place the baked chicken breast in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.
How to reheat 4 ingredients chicken bake
The 4 ingredients chicken bake is an easy dish to make, and it can also be reheated easily. If you have any leftovers, just pop them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes. You can also microwave them on high for 2-3 minutes.
When baking chicken thighs, do you need to flip them over?
No, you generally do not need to flip chicken thighs when baking them. However, if your oven has hot spots, it can be helpful to occasionally rotate the chicken thighs so that they cook evenly.
Do you bake chicken covered or uncovered?
Whether to cover chicken while baking is a matter of personal preference. Some people find that covering chicken helps it stay moist, while others prefer to let it brown in the oven. If you are looking for a crispy outer crust, uncovered chicken is the way to go. Ultimately, it is up to you which method you prefer.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 package of dry French onion soup mix.
- 1 8 oz bottle of Russian dressing.
- 1 small jar of apricot preserves.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a large cast iron with pam cooking spray
- Using a large bowl, mix together the french onion mix, russian dressing, and apricot preserves
- Using a cast iron, place the chicken into the cast iron and coat with the dressing
- Place cast iron into the oven and bake for 75-85 minutes or until the chicken is cooked
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
More Chicken Recipes
Skillet Fried Chicken – Truly amazing!
Bourbon Pecan Chicken – Another hit. It was delicious.
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken – This sweet and crunchy dish will satisfy your chicken cravings!
Baked Fried Chicken – Healthy and flavorful regular dinner plate!