Almond Joy Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
When you taste these Almond Joy Cookies, it’s like eating a little bit of heaven. They are chocolatey, sweet, and filled with lots of yummy coconut. If you love Almond Joy candy bars, you are going to go wild for these amazing cookies. Whip up a batch or two and be prepared to fall in love with your new favorite recipe.
Almond Joy Cookies
Every time I go to her blog, I am bookmarking recipes. Everything she makes looks and sounds so amazing. Being the crazy Almond Joy fan that I am, when I spotted these cookies a few months ago on her blog, I immediately bookmarked them. If you are a fan of Almond Joy’s, then you’re going to go crazy for these soft and chewy cookies. Packed with shredded coconut, crunchy almonds, and melty chocolate chips, these cookies are the perfect choice for the coconut lover in your family.
These cookies come from Nicole over at Heat Oven to 350.
Do I Have to Add Almond Extract to These Cookies?
No, if you don’t want the almond extract flavor in your cookies, you can replace it with vanilla extract or leave it out altogether. We prefer the flavor of the almond extract because it makes the cookies really taste so much like the candy bars. If you aren’t a fan of almonds or started mixing up the cookies only to find out you are out, it’s okay! They will still taste like a delectable little cookie that you can’t get enough of.
Should I Use Sliced or Slivered Almonds in Almond Joy Cookies?
We recommend using almonds and chopping them up. We prefer dry roasted because the flavor is amazing and goes perfectly with the other ingredients. You can use sliced or slivered if you want. Just chop them up even more, so they aren’t too big in every bite. Once you make these cookies a few times, you will figure out what works well for you and what you like the best. That is what I love so much about this recipe is that it’s completely versatile. After you taste them, you will totally know what I mean.
Do These Freeze Well?
Yes, these are fantastic cookies to freeze. The easiest way to freeze these Almond Joy cookies is by doing the flash freeze method. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and put the entire sheet in the freezer. Then allow the cookies to freeze for up to 3 hours. Once they are frozen reasonably solid, take them off the baking sheet and put them into a large freezer bag or plastic container with a lid. Then you can quickly and easily grab as many as you want at any time. The cookies will last up to 4 months in the freezer without any problems.
These delightful Almond Joy cookies only need 12 ingredients. Odds are you most likely have most of them around the house. So this may even keep you from having to go to the store. Win! Okay, here is a list of the ingredients you are going to need.
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter softened
- Packed light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Chocolate chips
- Lightly salted, dry roasted almonds, finely chopped
How to Make Almond Joy Cookies
You’ll find that there are very few steps to these cookies because they are so simple you don’t have to do a whole lot. They can be made in just a few minutes, and there isn’t much effort required at all. The oven does all the hard work! Take a look:
First Step: Warm up the oven to 300 degrees F. Then place parchment paper on two baking sheets and set aside.
Second Step: Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl using a whisk.
Third Step: Put the paddle attachment on a stand mixer and beat the butter and sugar together until they become light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and beat some more. Then mix in the vanilla and almond extracts and combine. Pour in the flour mixture slowly until it’s combined. Then gently fold in the chocolate chips, almonds, and sweetened coconut and stir.
Fourth Step: Make cookie rounds and place them on the baking sheet leaving 2 inches in between each cookie. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until they have set up and are done.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Almond Joy Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted, dry roasted almonds, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds and stir until just incorporated.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until set.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Cookies make my heart go pitter-patter! If you are the same way and are looking for some incredible cookie recipes, I have several for you to try. Take a look at these yummy treats:
- Key Lime Cookies – The insanely delicious flavor in these tangy cookies is out of this world amazing. They are perfect for spring and summer events too!
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies – I can’t get enough of the combination of sweet chocolate and caramel in these cookies. Bake a batch for a friend or keep them for yourself! Either way, they are going to be a hit.
- Boston Creme Pie Vanilla Sandwich Cookies – You don’t know what you have been missing until you sink your teeth into one of these scrumptious sandwich cookies.
- The Best Chewy Homemade Iced Oatmeal Cookies – These cookies are lip-smacking good. They take you back to your childhood and are truly amazing.