This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Are you ready for this? The simplest and tastiest bread you will ever make with only four ingredients! That’s right! A dark beer will give you a darker bread with a heavier flavor. Using a beer that is spiced, or has a flavor added, will make bread with a similar flavor. What’s that? You don’t like beer? No worries, you can use any carbonated beverage in place of the beer. Use a colored carbonated beverage such as orange crush or grape soda and the bread will have the flavor and the tinted color of the drink. I found this recipe a few years ago after I tasted beer bread at a Tastefully Simple party. I was in love-I knew that I had to make my own! I serve this bread every time I make Guinness Beef Stew, meatloaf, or any other hearty meal. So next time you find yourself wondering what kind of bread to make, remember this hearty Beer Bread with a crunchy, buttery crust-the perfect accompaniment to all of your fall dishes!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 1 12 fluid ounce can or bottle beer
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be very sticky. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of butter over the bread before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 50 for 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft.