Blooming Quesadilla Ring
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This blooming quesadilla ring is the perfect appetizer for your next party! This Mexican-inspired dish can be customized to fit any taste and is sure to impress your guests with its impressive presentation.
This appetizer is made with a flour tortilla, cheese, and your choice of fillings. It’s then rolled up and sliced into rings, which are served on a plate with a dipping sauce. Perfect for a crowd!
What is a blooming quesadilla ring?
A blooming quesadilla ring is a type of quesadilla that is made in the shape of a ring. It is typically served as an appetizer at parties or other special occasions.
This Mexican-style appetizer is sure to impress you with its delicious flavor, it’s easy to make and can be customized to fit any taste. So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t regret it!
Blooming Quesadilla Ring Ingredients:
- Shredded chicken
- Onion chopped
- Red bell pepper
- Taco sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Tortillas, medium
How to make this Blooming Quesadilla Ring recipe:
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2. Cut the tortillas in half.
Step 3. In a bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and taco sauce.
Step 4. Place a small amount of cheddar cheese in the center of each half of tortilla and top with a tablespoon or two of the filling.
Step 5. Roll the tortilla halves over the filling into cone shapes.
Step 6. Place a bowl in the center of a round baking sheet, and layer the quesadilla cones in a circle around the bowl.
Step 7. Once you have made one layer of tortillas cones, top them with the Mexican blend cheese.
Step 8. Repeat the steps above to create more tortilla cones, and place them in a second layer on top of the first ones on the baking sheet.
Step 9. Once finished, top with the remaining Mexican blend cheese.
Step 10. Remove the bowl from the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Step 11. Fill the bowl with salsa or dipping sauce of your choosing, and place it back into the center of the baking sheet before serving.
How to store Blooming Quesadilla Ring Recipe?
Blooming Quesadilla Ring can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container.
How to reheat Blooming Quesadilla Ring Recipe?
If you want to enjoy the Blooming Quesadilla Ring at another party, you may need to reheat it. Here are a few tips on how to do that safely:
First, make sure that the quesadilla ring is completely cooled off before you reheat it. This will help ensure that it doesn’t get soggy when you warm it up.
Next, place the quesadilla ring on a microwave-safe plate and cover it with wax paper or paper towel. Microwave the quesadilla for about 30 seconds, or until it’s warm throughout.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can also reheat the quesadilla ring in a preheated oven. Simply place it on an oven-safe dish and bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes, or until it’s heated through.
Tips for Making Blooming Quesadilla Ring
Here are a few tips for making your own blooming quesadilla ring:
- Choose a variety of meats and vegetables for the filling.
- Be sure to use a sturdy tortilla for the base.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the tortilla into thin strips.
- Assemble the quesadilla ring by layering the strips around the perimeter of the tortilla.
- Bake in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping.
Variations on the blooming quesadilla ring:
blooming quesadilla ring is a beautiful and delicious appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. However, you may want to customize your blooming quesadilla ring to fit your own taste. Here are a few variations on the classic blooming quesadilla ring:
- Instead of using tortillas, use lavash bread or pita bread for a different flavor and texture.
- Add different vegetables to the filling, such as roasted peppers, onions, or mushrooms.
- Use different types of cheese in the filling, such as pepper jack, gouda, or cheddar.
- Use a different type of sauce in the dipping sauce, such as salsa or guacamole.
- Make the blooming quesadilla ring in advance and freeze it so that it is ready to heat up when you need it.
- Serve the blooming quesadilla ring with a side of sour cream or guacamole for extra flavor.
- Try using a different type of flour tortilla, such as whole wheat or spinach tortillas, for a healthier option.
Serving suggestions for blooming quesadilla ring
When serving the blooming quesadilla ring, you can choose to either cut it into slices or leave it in ring form. If you choose to cut it into slices, I recommend serving it with some sour cream or guacamole on the side.
If you want to leave it in ring form, you can put it on a plate with some of your favorite dipping sauces. Some great dipping sauces for quesadillas include salsa, guacamole, and ranch dressing.
Nutritional information for blooming quesadillas:
One thing to note about blooming quesadillas is that they can be high in calories and fat, especially if you use high-fat ingredients like bacon or sausage.
However, there are ways to make them a bit healthier. For instance, you can use low-fat cheese or lean meats like chicken or turkey. You can also choose whole grain tortillas instead of white tortillas.
Overall, blooming quesadillas make for a delicious and impressive appetizer that everyone will love. They’re perfect for any occasion, from casual get-togethers to formal gatherings. So why not give them a try? If you already made these delectable quesadillas, let us know how they came out in the comments below!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Blooming Quesadilla Ring
- 2 C. Shredded chicken
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeno deseeded and chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 C. Taco sauce
- 2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 C. Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 20 Medium sized tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas in half.
- In a bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and taco sauce.
- Place a small amount of cheddar cheese in the center of each half of tortilla and top with a tablespoon or two of the filling.
- Roll the tortilla halves over the filling into cone shapes.
- Place a bowl in the center of a round baking sheet, and layer the quesadilla cones in a circle around the bowl.
- Once you have made one layer of tortillas cones, top them with the Mexican blend cheese.
- Repeat the steps above to create more tortilla cones, and place them in a second layer on top of the first ones on the baking sheet.
- Once finished, top with the remaining Mexican blend cheese.
- Remove the bowl from the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Fill the bowl with salsa or dipping sauce of your choosing, and place it back into the center of the baking sheet before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Easy Qquesadilla recipes:
Beef and Cheese Quesadilla – simply irresistible and now it’s a favorite in my kitchen!
Loaded Steak Quesadillas – very filling and will keep you full! So simple and easy to clean up!
Sheet Pan Quesadillas – Skip the stove and save time with these oven-baked quesadillas!