Chopped Greek Salad Recipe with Grilled Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for a delicious Greek Salad recipe? Wait until you try this simple Chopped Greek Salad Recipe with Grilled Chicken. Delicious and flavorful, it makes the perfect salad recipe.
Make Chopped Greek Salad Recipe with Grilled Chicken at Home
Greek Salad is a classic salad that many people enjoy. It is often served at restaurants. But did you know it is easy to make it at home? With this simple recipe, you can have a delicious Greek Salad whenever the craving hit. Healthy and nutritious.
What to Serve with an Authentic Greek Salad
This authentic Greek Salad is definitely a complete meal all on its own. It is filling and full of veggies and protein. It makes the perfect refreshing dinner after a long day or an easy dinner on a hot day when you don’t want to fire up the oven. While the recipe doesn’t need anything else to complete it, what is dinner without dessert.
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake _ This coffee cake is a delicious combination of lemon and blueberry. Make ti for dessert after your Greek salad and then have it as a breakfast treat in the morning with a cup of coffee.
- No Bake Oreo Pie with Chocolate Ganache Recipe – No bake desserts are my favorite. They are so easy to make. This Oreo Pie with chocolate ganache recipe is always a hit.
- Peach Pie Recipe – Peach pie is perfect for the summer when fresh peaches are everywhere, but it is just as good in the middle of winter. It doesn’t matter when you make this peach pie recipe, it is too good to not have.
- Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe– This is an easy no fuss dessert that you will not be able to get enough of.
How to Store Traditional Greek Salad Recipe
When making this salad, you will want to store the leftovers in the refrigerator. This will keep the salad fresh for several days. You might find that some of the ingredients get a little soggy when stored together for a few days. The salad will still taste amazing. Give the salad a toss before serving the leftovers. Make sure it is stored in an airtight container or a bowl that has been wrapped with plastic wrap. This will prevent the fresh ingredients from going bad sooner.
What is in Greek Salad Dressing
If you are making a Greek Salad, to make it an authentic Greek Salad you want to have the salad ingredients but you also want to have the Greek Dressing for it as well. While it might seem like there are a lot of ingredients to make the salad dressing, each one is vital for the delicious taste associated with Greek Dressing. You will need Olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice for the dressing and then you will add oregano, basil, parsley, and minced garlic to seasoning the dressing. It creates a flavorful dressing that brings all of these Mediterranean flavors together.
Can this Chopped Salad Recipe be Made Ahead
When you make this chopped salad recipe you can make it ahead of time. While I don’t like to let the salad sit together too long, a few hours can be ideal. This gives the salad time to marinate. If the salad won’t be served for more than a few hours or the next day, I tend to store the salad and the dressing separately.
Can I use other Salad Dressing on an Easy Greek Salad
If you love the ingredients in an easy Greek salad but want to use a different dressing you can do that but it does change the taste of the Greek Salad. The dressing is what brings this salad together to the perfect flavors of a Greek Salad. If this doesn’t matter to you or you just want something different on the salad, you can change the dressing.
Ingredients in Chopped Greek Salad Recipe with Grilled Chicken
- Green bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Green olives
- Black olives
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Precooked grilled chicken strips
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- dried oregano
- Fresh chopped basil
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Chopped Greek Salad Recipe with Grilled Chicken
In a large serving bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Toss to combine them well. We used Tyson’s fully cooked grilled chicken strips, but you could substitute for an pre-cooked grilled or rotisserie chicken.
In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk to mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
Pour the dressing mixture over the salad ingredients, and toss to combine.
You can place the salad in the fridge to chill and marinate before serving, this will enhance the flavors, but is not required.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Chopped Greek Salad Recipe with Grilled Chicken
For the Salad:
- 1 Medium cucumber chopped
- ½ Green bell pepper chopped
- ½ Yellow bell pepper chopped
- ½ c Chopped tomatoes
- ½ c Green olives
- ½ c Black olives
- 2 oz Crumbled feta cheese
- 6 oz Precooked grilled chicken strips
For the Dressing:
- ⅛ c Olive oil
- ¼ c Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Freshly chopped basil
- 2 tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Toss to combine them well. We used Tyson’s fully cooked grilled chicken strips, but you could substitute for an pre-cooked grilled or rotisserie chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk to mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the salad ingredients, and toss to combine.
- You can place the salad in the fridge to chill and marinate before serving, this will enhance the flavors, but is not required.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂