Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Fresh, light, and scrumptious millionaire pie is just what you need in your life! You won’t be able to get enough of the creamy filling in this millionaire pie recipe. All of the ingredients are the perfect compliment to each other, and the best part is that it’s a no-fuss recipe!
You already know how I feel about making easy meals and desserts for my family. Why spend hours in the kitchen when you can whip up something magnificent quicker! All you need is about 10 minutes of prep time, and the rest is waiting for your delicious millionaire pie with lemon juice to set up so you can gobble it up!
Next time you are throwing a dinner party, barbecue or are heading out to a potluck, take this easy no bake millionaire pie! I promise everyone is going to be super excited to eat it and you aren’t coming home with any!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
How To Make Millionaire Pie
I am super excited to share this easy no-bake millionaire pie with you because I just know you are going to LOVE it! Everything from the flavors and ease of the recipe makes this a stand out dessert. Not to mention it’s a real crowd pleaser too. Here we go:
First Step: Drain a can of crushed pineapple very well, then dump it into a large mixing bowl.
Second Step: Drain a jar of maraschino cherries and add them to the bowl too. You should end up with around 1 cup of cherries.
Third Step: Carefully, pour in 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
Fourth Step: Sprinkle in a ½ cup of chopped pecans.
Fifth Step: Add in 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
Sixth Step: Pour in 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of juice from the cherries.
Seventh Step: Stir all of the ingredients together.
Eighth Step: Add 2 cups of whipped topping to the mixing bowl, and fold it in until the ingredients are combined well.
Ninth Step: Pour the pie filling mixture into a prepared graham cracker pie crust, and place the pie in the freezer for 3-5 hours.
Tenth Step: Remove the pie from the freezer, top with whipped cream and additional cherries for garnish, and serve chilled.
Millionaire Pie Recipe Variations
When making this tasty cool whip pie, you will find that there are no wrong answers! If you imagine it, you can toss it into this yummy treat. I wanted to take the time to share some of my favorite ideas:
- Toasted Coconut – Either bake some coconut in the oven for 5 minutes or brown it in a skillet until the edges are lightly toasted. This will add a lovely flavor. Sprinkle it on top as a garnish and watch the no-bake pie disappear before your eyes.
- Mandarin Oranges – Drain a can of mandarin oranges and add them to the easy pie filling. It gives an incredible citrus flavor that’s hard to beat.
- Cherry Juice – Instead of discarding the juice off of the maraschino cherries, put up to 1/4 cup into the mix. It enhances that cherry flavor! So good!
- Almonds – Maybe you don’t have any pecans or just have a craving for almonds! Toss them into the pie filling because they will taste great.
- Toasted Pecans – Toast some pecans with cinnamon, sugar, and butter in a skillet so that they have an amazing candy coating. They will be out of this world!
- Coconut Cream – Put 1/4 – 1/2 cup of coconut cream into the easy no-bake pie. It makes the pie even creamier and smoother!
- Pineapple Juice – Instead of pouring all the pineapple juice down the drain, put 1/4 cup into the cool whip pie filling. It’s super refreshing and makes you feel like you should be on a beach.
Do I Need Homemade Crust Or Store Bought?
You can make this cool whip pie with a homemade crust, or a store bought prepared crust. I used a store-bought crust when I made this millionaire pie with lemon juice because I like the texture and I was in a huge hurry! Both taste amazing, so it’s just a matter of what you want to do.
Is the Millionaire Pie Recipe The Same As Ambrosia Salad?
Yes, virtually the filling in the easy no bake millionaire pie is basically the same thing as ambrosia salad. The main difference is that the ambrosia salad has marshmallows too. Which, you can totally add marshmallows to the pie filling if you want as well.
Can I Make This Millionaire Pie With Lemon Juice As Cupcakes?
Of course, you can make this millionaire pie recipe as cupcakes! The best way to go about it is to make a homemade crust and put it into lined muffin tins. The liners are excellent because then you don’t have to worry about the crust breaking about when removing it from the pan. Then fill each tin around 3/4 full. Top with extra cherries, pineapple, whip cream, coconut, pecans or anything else you like.
You could also use ramekins by making the crust in each one of them and placing the filling in them. The advantage of doing this is that you can eat the dessert right out of the ramekin. Perfect for weddings, baby showers, or bridal showers!
How To Store Cool Whip Pie
You should always store the easy no bake millionaire pie in the refrigerator. It should never sit on the counter for more than 2 hours at a time, and honestly and 1 hour would even be better. Always store it in an airtight container. If you buy a prepared pie crust, many of them come with a plastic lid to cover your pie with. This would be perfect for this cool whip pie!
The no-bake pie will last around 3 days if covered correctly in the fridge. You will know that it has started to go bad if the crust becomes mushy, slimy or is super dried out. The filling may become really watery, or mold may begin to grow. There is also a change you may notice an odor too. If you see any of these issues, toss the millionaire pie with lemon juice, so you don’t get sick.
Now time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 1 Can of crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 Jar maraschino cherries chopped
- 1 c. Sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ c. Pecans chopped
- 1 Can, 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. Juice from the maraschino cherries
- 4 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Pre-made Graham cracker pie crust.
- 2 c. Whipped topping
- Whipped cream and extra cherries for decorating
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Dump a can of well drained crushed pineapple into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in 1 jar of chopped maraschino cherries that have been drained. This comes to about 1 cup of chopped cherry pieces.
- Pour in 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
- Sprinkle in ½ cup of chopped pecans.
- Add in 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour in 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of juice from the cherries.
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Add 2 cups of whipped topping to the mixing bowl, and fold it in until the ingredients are combined well.
- Pour the pie filling mixture into a prepared graham cracker pie crust, and place the pie in the freezer for 3-5 hours.
- Remove the pie from the freezer, top with whipped cream and additional cherries for garnish, and serve chilled.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
See this recipe at Meal Plan Monday.
Here Are More Desserts To Try Out
Pina Colada Pie – You can’t go wrong with this coconut and pineapple dessert.
Fried Nutella Dumplings – Made with only 3 ingredients, these dessert dumplings are guaranteed to be a hit!
Strawberry Pound Cake – My favorite strawberry pound cake recipe because I know you are going to be hooked.