Love french toast but don’t have time to stand over the stove to make it? Wait until you try Cinnamon Roll Oven French Toast Casserole. Made with cinnamon rolls, this is the best baked french toast ever.
I love cinnamon rolls and I love french toast. So making an oven french toast casserole with cinnamon rolls seems like a perfect fit. This casserole is perfect for a special brunch, a holiday breakfast or just because you want something that tastes amazing. You will not believe how easy this casserole is to make.
Why You Need This Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
This is one of the most asked recipes. I am not surprised. One bite and it becomes a favorite breakfast treat. What makes this oven french toast so amazing? It is the cinnamon rolls. The premade cinnamon roll dough is used instead of the bread with this recipe. It takes the delicious flavors of the cinnamon rolls and turned it into french toast. It is too good not to love.
The icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls is used as a glaze over the top to take an already tasty amazing dish and takes it one step further. The result is the best french toast casserole anywhere, anytime.
What to Serve with this Best French Toast Casserole
Whenever I make this french toast casserole it reminds me of something that I would get when we go out to eat for brunch. Sometimes for special occasions like Mother’s Day, birthdays or holidays, I like to create a bunch at home. In addition to the best french toast casserole, I also like to make:
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole
- Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Ham And Cheese Pinwheels
Variations to Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This recipe is absolutely perfect. I love the sweetness and the crisp of the edges. But if you are looking for ways to switch it up, consider:
- Raisins: You can add raisins to the cinnamon rolls before adding the eggs.
- Nuts: So many people like walnuts on their cinnamon rolls, consider adding some chopped walnuts to this casserole
- Nutmeg: I don’t know about you, but I love cinnamon and nutmeg together. Only add a dash because it can be an overpowering flavor.
How to Store Baked French Toast Casserole
If you make this Baked French Toast Casserole and find that you have leftovers, you can store the leftovers for another day. Store the baked french toast casserole in an airtight container or wrap the baking dish tightly with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Keeping the air away from the casserole ensures that it stays fresh longer. With a sweet cinnamon roll baked french toast casserole like this one, you want to eat every single piece.
How to Reheat Oven French Toast
If you stored the leftover of the casserole in the same dish it was baked in, you can slide the entire dish back into the oven to reheat. Be careful when reheating the french toast in the oven. You want to make sure to only heat it through. If you overheat it, it will become too dry. Another way to reheat it is in the microwave. This is good for reheating single servings.
How Long Does Cinnamon Roll Casserole
When you store the cinnamon roll casserole in the refrigerator it will stay fresh for up to 4 days. If the casserole is not covered well, it will dry out sooner and will not taste as good.
Can Oven French Toast Casserole be made in a Slow Cooker
You can easily turn this recipe into a slow cooker recipe. Combine all of the ingredients together in the same way you do for the oven casserole. Instead of baking the casserole in the oven, you will add it to the slow cooker. The cooking time in a slow cooker is 2 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low. This is a great idea if you want to wake up to this breakfast. Believe me, your house will smell amazing.
To make it easier to clean up in the slow cooker, use slow cooker liners. It makes clean up a breeze.
Ingredients in Cinnamon Roll Oven French Toast Casserole
- cinnamon rolls
- unsweetened butter
- heavy whipping cream
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls Oven French Toast
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
Melt butter in a microwave and spread in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Spread in a baking dish
Save the icing to use later.
Beat eggs together completely in bowl.
Then add the cream, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 22-28 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool for about 15 minutes.
Take the metal cover off the icing and stick it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
Drizzle icing all over the top of the baked cinnamon rolls.
Serve with syrup if desired.
- 2 packages of cinnamon rolls of choice
- 1/4 cups un sweetened butter
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave and spread in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Spread in baking dish
- Save the icing to use later.
- Beat eggs together completely in bowl.
- Then add the cream, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 22-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Take the metal cover off the icing and stick it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Drizzle icing all over the top of the baked cinnamon rolls.
- Serve with syrup if desired.
Save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂