This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Crab rangoon is a delicious party appetizer stuffed with a cream cheese and crab meat filling that are sure to be a hit at your next party or get together. Serve these with sweet and sour chicken and egg rolls for a delicious Chinese meal.
These Chinese dumplings freeze very well. Prepare to the deep frying stage and place the unfried crab rangoon on a baking sheet and place into the freezer until firm. After firm, transfer to a freezer bag. When ready to fry, just place the frozen crab rangoon directly into the oil. If you are not a fan of frying, you can heat the mixture in the oven and serve as a dip.
If you plan on hosting a Superbowl party this year be sure to add this delicious appetizer to the menu! 🙂
How to make Crab Rangoon:
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 1 14 ounce package small wonton wrappers
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound crab meat, shredded
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F in a large skillet or deep-fryer.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, ginger, green onion, parsley, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and crabmeat.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wonton wrapper over the stuffing to make a triangle. Moisten the edges with a little water, and seal.
- Fold the two points of the triangle up.
- Seal with water.
- Place prepared wontons under a slightly moist paper towel until ready for frying.
- Add 3 or 4 wontons to the hot oil, and cook until golden brown, turning once. Set aside on paper towels to drain. Repeat until all wontons have been fried. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from allrecipes.com