Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
One of my favorite appetizers is crab rangoon. I love the creamy filling and how it’s fried to perfection. So I decided to make a healthier version by making egg rolls instead.
They just turned out great!
If you’re looking for a tasty and easy appetizer, then this recipe is for you.
These Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are your new favorite party appetizer! They’re easy to make and packed with flavor – perfect for any occasion.
Give them a try today!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls?
Well, for starters, they’re incredibly easy to make. And secondly, they’re absolutely packed with flavor. I mean, how can you go wrong with crab rangoon filling inside a crispy egg roll wrapper? Trust me, these are sure to be a hit at your next party or get-together!
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today! You won’t be disappointed.
- Garlic powder
- Flaked crab meat cooked
- Onion powder
- Cream cheese softened
- Green onions
- Worcestershire sauce
- Egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
Step 1. In a mixer add the onion powder, worcestershires sauce, cream cheese, garlic powder, and green onions.
Mix together until well combined.
Step 2. Fold the crab meat into the mixture.
Step 3. Add 3 tablespoons of the mixture to the center of each of the egg roll wrappers.
Step 4. Fold in the ends of the egg roll wrappers, and roll closed tightly, using a little water to seal the seam closed when you are done.
Step 5. Heat a few inches of oil in a deep-sided pot or skillet until it reaches 375 degrees.
Step 6. Fry the egg rolls until golden brown and crispy.
Step 7. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ lb. crab meat , Flaked, cooked
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- 16 oz. Cream cheese , softened
- 3 Green onions , chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 Egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Mix together the onion powder, worcestershires sauce, cream cheese, garlic powder, and green onions until well combined.
- Fold the crab meat into the mixture.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the mixture to the center of each of the egg roll wrappers.
- Fold in the ends of the egg roll wrappers, and roll closed tightly, using a little water to seal the seam closed when you are done.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a deep-sided pot or skillet until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Fry the egg rolls until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls Tips
- If you’re short on time, you can use frozen crab meat instead of fresh. Just be sure to thaw it first and drain any excess water.
- I like to serve these egg rolls with a sweet and sour sauce or a soy dipping sauce. But feel free to experiment and try different sauces.
- You can make these egg rolls ahead of time and freeze them for later. Just be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before freezing. When you’re ready to eat, simply thaw and reheat in the oven or fryer.
- This recipe makes about 12 egg rolls. But depending on the size of your egg roll wrappers, you may get more or less.
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are best served fresh and hot. But leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or fryer before serving.
Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls Variations
- Use a different type of crab meat. If you can’t find crab meat, you can use shrimp instead. Just be sure to cook the shrimp before adding it to the filling.
- Change up the dipping sauces. Instead of a sweet and sour sauce or soy sauce, try serving these egg rolls with a spicy chili sauce or a plum sauce.
- Make a vegetarian version by omitting the crab meat and adding more vegetables to the filling, such as carrots, celery, and onions.
- For a fun twist, try using wonton wrappers instead of egg roll wrappers. Just follow the same instructions for assembling and frying.
- Get creative with the fillings! You can really add any type of filling you want. Just be sure to cook it before adding it to the wrapper. Some other ideas include ground beef, chicken, pork, tofu, vegetables, and cheese.
I do not have Worcestershire Sauce; what can I substitute?
While nothing is going to taste exactly like Worcestershire sauce, it can be swapped with a variety of things. Soy sauce is an excellent choice for many recipes. You can also use red wine vinegar or fish sauce.
Can I use frozen crab meat?
It’s best to use freshly cooked crab meat or canned crab meat if you are desperate. If you do use frozen, you will need to make sure it’s cooked and thawed before using it.
How to Serve Crab Egg Rolls
You can serve crab egg rolls with all sorts of foods! Here are our favorite sauces and dishes to go with the egg rolls.
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Hot mustard
- Soy sauce
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken
How to Store the Leftovers
You can refrigerate them, but they don’t age well, so flash freezing is a better option.
If you end up with leftovers, it’s best to freeze them. Flash freezing prevents them from sticking to each other. To flash freeze, place on a baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour. After an hour, place them in a freezer bag or container. They can last up to three months in the freezer.
How to reheat
Air Fryer: Place in your air fryer at 325 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until they are hot and crispy.
Oven Method: Put in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until hot.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Jerk Shrimp and Cheesy Grits – Great for the seafood lovers out there!
Crab and Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls – More tasty crab!
Lemon Garlic Lobster Tails – Fancy and delicious!
Canned Salmon Patties Recipe – Reader favorite recipe!