Cracked Crab Cheese Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Do you like cheese? Do you like bread? Do you like crab meat? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then have I got the recipe for you!
This Cracked Crab Cheese Bread is an irresistible savory appetizer that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering. Made with fresh crabmeat, sharp cheddar cheese, and a blend of flavorful herbs, this cheesy bread is baked to perfection with a golden, crunchy crust. Serve it with a creamy dipping sauce and watch it disappear in no time!
I’m not sure what’s better: the crab cheese bread or the reaction you’re going to get when you serve it. This recipe is super simple and perfect for a group – just be prepared for people to ask for seconds (or thirds).
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Cracked Crab Cheese Bread?
There are a few things in life that are just undeniably good. cheesy seafood bread is one of them. This dish is the perfect combination of cheesy, crusty bread and succulent crab meat. It’s rich, it’s decadent, and it’s guaranteed to satisfy even the most discerning of palates.
Plus, it’s pretty darn easy to make. If you can operate an oven, then you can make this Crab Cheese Bread. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Cracked Crab Cheese Bread Tips
- Use fresh crab meat, if possible. It will make a world of difference in terms of flavor.
- If you can’t find fresh crab meat, canned crab meat will work just fine. Just make sure to drain it well before using it.
- I like to use Gruyere cheese in this recipe, but feel free to experiment with other types of cheese. Cheddar would also be delicious!
- This Crab Cheese Bread is best served warm, straight from the oven. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and reheated later.
- Cream Cheese
- Crab Meat
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Old bay seasoning
- Loaf of French Bread, sliced in the middle then the middle of the bread hulled
Directions for Cracked Crab Cheese Bread:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
Step 2. Using a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, colby jack cheese, and mozzarella until combined.
Step 3. Mix the crab meat with the cream cheese mixture.
Step 4. Place french loaf bread onto the cookie sheet.
Step 5. Fill the bread with the crab mixture and top with some more cheese
Step 6. Place into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the bread has toasted
Step 7. Remove and top with fresh parsley
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Cracked Crab Cheese Bread
- 1 – 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 – 8 oz Can of Crab Meat
- 1 C Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1 Loaf of French Bread, sliced in the middle then the middle of the bread hulled
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, colby jack cheese, and mozzarella until combined
- Mix the crab meat with the cream cheese mixture
- Place french loaf bread onto the cookie sheet
- Fill the bread with the with the crab mixture and top with some more cheese
- Place into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the bread has toasted
- Remove and top with fresh parsley
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Cracked Crab Cheese Bread Variations
- One easy way to mix things up is to use different types of cheese. Gruyere is my personal favorite, but cheddar or Swiss would also be delicious.
- You could also add some chopped green onions or garlic to the cheesy bread dough for an extra kick of flavor. Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, you could try adding some spice with a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Finally, if you want to make things even more seafood-centric, you could brush the bread with melted butter and sprinkle on some minced parsley before baking. This will give the Crab Cheese Bread a beautiful golden color and add a bit of extra flavor.
Can I use canned tuna or salmon?
Sure! We love the results of using canned crab meat, but you can easily swap it with canned tuna or canned salmon.
Do I have to use French bread?
Actually, you can use any of your favorite loaves of bread. It needs to have a good crust and a tender center. Baguette, sourdough, or ciabatta are all great options.
More Seafood Recipes
Shrimp Fettuccini with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce – Super delicious!
Savory Crab Stuffed Mushrooms – Make an excellent appetizer.
Deep Fried Crab Legs – These are so easy and tasty!
Joe’s Crab Shack Crab Cakes – Try them and see how great they are!