Biting into this Easy Cream Biscuits Recipe is going to be one of your best decisions ever! They are soft, fluffy, and have the perfect flavor. Serve them for breakfast or as a side dish to any of your favorite meals. After you try them the first time, it’s impossible not to crave their scrumptious goodness.
Easy Cream Biscuits Recipe
From start to finish, these cream biscuits take less than 20 minutes! They’re so light and fluffy and just perfect topped with your favorite preserves, whipped butter, or served with a hearty stew. Since there’s no butter to hassle with, it’s just mixed, cut, and bake! So simple even a beginning baker can do it! 🙂
These biscuits are the best right out of the oven, steaming hot, topped with butter and jam. Sure, they’re great the next day, but there’s nothing better than a freshly baked biscuit. Therefore, unless you plan on eating all of the biscuits in one sitting, I suggest freezing the ones that you won’t be eating right away. That way, you have freshly baked biscuits whenever the craving strikes!
If you really want to make an impression on your friends or family, serve these incredible cream biscuits. Take a warm batch to your neighbors or invite friends over for dinner. Either way, they are going to be impressed, and there won’t be a crumb leftover. Everyone loves to receive gifts of food, so we like to make these for people all the time.
What Makes Whipping Cream Biscuits Better?
The whipping cream gives the biscuits the perfect texture and flavor. It helps make them creamy, light, fluffy, and genuinely amazing. Whipping cream is similar to buttermilk, but it’s thicker and gives more a creamy effect. If you haven’t tried biscuits with heavy cream yet, now is the time to give them a try.
Can I Freeze Raw Biscuit Dough?
Yes, you can freeze the raw biscuit dough very easily. Simply place the biscuits on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer so they can harden up. This will keep them from sticking to each other. Then put them in a plastic bag or another freezer container.
You can also freeze the biscuits after they have been baked too. Just cut the biscuits into 2 1/2-inch rounds and freeze on the baking sheet. Once frozen, wrap each biscuit individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight freezer bag. When you are ready to bake, just pop them in the oven (no need to defrost) and add a couple more minutes to the baking time!
Should I Let Biscuit Dough Rest Before Baking?
No, that is the advantage of these cream biscuits, no rising time at all! When I said they were easy to make, I wasn’t kidding. There are many great recipes for biscuits that do need to rise, but thankfully you can throw these together in a snap and at the last minute. Just combine the ingredients, cut into biscuits, and start baking them. Can you believe it’s seriously that easy?
Not only are these cream biscuits delicious, they only require 6 ingredients to make. This makes them extra frugal and wonderful if you are trying to save money.
- Unsalted butter, melted
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Table salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heavy cream
How to Make Cream Biscuits
I can’t wait for you to take that first bite because I know you are going to feel like you have died and gone to food heaven. The softness and flavor is something you won’t forget anytime soon.
First Step: Place the oven rack to the upper-middle position. Warm the oven to 450 degrees F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Second Step: Melt the butter and pour it into a shallow dish and set aside.
Third Step: Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add in the cream using a wooden spoon until dough forms, in about 30 seconds.
Fourth Step: PlaceTurn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Knead the dough briefly until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Fifth Step: Form the dough into a circle that is 3/4-inch-thick. Take a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter and cut out as many biscuits as you can. (Be sure to make the cuts straight down using a sharp biscuit cutter. It’s important not to twist the cutter, or you’ll seal the edges of the biscuit and reduce the rise.) Keeping the cuts close together will give you more biscuits during this first batch.
Sixth Step: Take all the scraps, and work them as little as possible. Then pat out the dough to a 3/4 inch thickness and cut as many additional biscuits as you can. Dip the top of each round into melted butter and arrange on the baking sheet. (The baking sheet can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 hours.)
Seventh Step: Bake the biscuits until they are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Be sure to rotate the baking sheet halfway through baking.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Biting into this Easy Cream Biscuits Recipe is going to be one of your best decisions ever! They are soft, fluffy, and have the perfect flavor.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the surface
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place melted butter in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in the cream with a wooden spoon until dough forms, about 30 seconds. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Knead the dough briefly until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Shape the dough into a 3/4-inch-thick circle. Using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out as many biscuits as you can. (Cut straight down with a sharp biscuit cutter. Don’t twist the cutter or you’ll seal the edges of the biscuit and reduce the rise.) Try to cut the biscuits close to one another so you get the most out of the first round. Gather together the scraps, working them as little as possible, pat out to a 3/4 inch thickness and cut as many additional biscuits as you can. Dip the top of each round into melted butter and arrange on the baking sheet. (The baking sheet can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 hours.) Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking.
- These biscuits freeze very well. Just cut the biscuits into 2 1/2-inch rounds and freeze on the baking sheet. Once frozen, wrap in an airtight container. Biscuits can be frozen for up to two months. Bake without defrosting, just add a couple more minutes to the baking time.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
If you are a fan of these incredible cream biscuits, you should check out some of our other mouthwatering recipes. They are all delicious and just waiting for you to head in the kitchen and get to work.
- Cheesy Quick Biscuits – Cheesy biscuits are the best! Serve them with any of your favorite meals, and they are the perfect side. They have the right amount of garlic. They will be your new go-to side item.
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits With Cornmeal Recipe – These are amazing biscuits with fried chicken or any other meats you are making. Sometimes we will eat them with honey and jam for a snack too.
- Homemade Cream Cheese Biscuits Recipe – Whip up a batch of these biscuits, and everyone will be thanking you for it. They are easy to make and go with pretty much anything you make.
- Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe – Make these breadsticks at home instead of dining out, and you will be so thankful you did. They taste just as great as eating at a restaurant, but you can enjoy them in the comfort of your home instead.