7 Up Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Are you in the mood for something savory? Well, have I got the perfect recipe for you! These delicious biscuits are packed with flavor and will leave your taste buds begging for more.
Plus, they’re really easy to make so there’s no excuse not to give them a try. You won’t regret it!
Southern cooks have been making 7 Up Biscuits for years – and for good reason! These fluffy, buttery biscuits are super easy to make and always a hit with guests.
Plus, they’re the perfect way to use up any extra soda you might have lying around. Ready to give them a try? Keep reading for the recipe.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love 7 Up Biscuits?
There are lots of reasons to love 7 Up Biscuits! For one, they’re super easy to make. You don’t need any special skills or ingredients – just a can of 7 Up and some self-rising flour.
They’re also incredibly versatile. You can serve them with pretty much anything – from eggs and bacon for breakfast to a big pot of chili for dinner. And they’re always a hit with guests.
But my favorite reason to love 7 Up Biscuits is that they’re so fluffy and light. They just melt in your mouth! Trust me, once you try them, you’ll be hooked.
What Are 7 Up Biscuits?
7 Up Biscuits are made with minimal ingredients, including 7 Up, Bisquick, sour cream, salt, and butter. They are tender, moist, and super delicious.
Are They Sweet?
They will have a subtle sweetness that isn’t overwhelming. Unless you are looking for sweetness, you probably won’t even notice.
7 Up Biscuits Tips
- Use self-rising flour for best results. If you don’t have any on hand, you can make your own by combining 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Be sure to add the 7 Up gradually – you may not need the entire can. The dough should be moist but not too wet.
- Use a biscuit cutter to get perfectly shaped biscuits. If you don’t have one, you can use a glass or even a cookie cutter. Just be sure to flour it well so the dough doesn’t stick.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter before baking for extra flavor and beautiful golden color.
- These biscuits are best eaten fresh, but you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Just be sure to reheat them before serving.
7 Up Biscuits Variations
There are lots of ways to switch up this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few of my favorites:
- For a cheesy twist, add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the dough.
- Looking for some extra spice? Add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary to the dough.
- For a sweet treat, substitute 7 Up with Sprite or another lemon-lime soda. Then, brush the tops of the biscuits with a little bit of honey before baking. Delicious!
- Bisquick baking mix
- Sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Melted butter unsalted
How to make 7 Up Biscuits:
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Step 2. Melt the butter and pour it into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 3. Add the baking mix, sour cream, a pinch of salt, and 7-Up to a mixing bowl and beat on high until well combined.
Step 4. Turn the sticky dough out onto a surface covered in a layer of flour or baking mix.
Step 5. Sprinkle more flour or baking mix on top of the dough, and knead it, adding more flour or baking mix as you go, until it is no longer tacky.
Step 6. Press the dough down until it is about a ½ to one inch thick, and cut 3-inch circles using a cookie cutter or small jar lid.
Step 7. Place the cut biscuits into the baking dish on top of the butter.
Step 8. Bake for 15 minutes and serve.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
7 Up Biscuits
- 4 C. Bisquick baking mix
- 1 C. Sour cream
- 1 C. 7-up
- Pinch of salt
- ½ C. Melted butter unsalted
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add the baking mix, sour cream, a pinch of salt, and 7-Up to a mixing bowl and beat on high until well combined.
- Turn the sticky dough out onto a surface covered in a layer of flour or baking mix.
- Sprinkle more flour or baking mix on top of the dough, and knead it, adding more flour or baking mix as you go, until it is no longer tacky.
- Press the dough down until it is about a ½ to one inch thick, and cut 3-inch circles using a cookie cutter or small jar lid.
- Place the cut biscuits into the baking dish on top of the butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
How Long Will Biscuits Keep?
Homemade seven-layer biscuits can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also refrigerate them, and they will last 5-7 days.
- Jelly or Jam
- Fried Chicken
- Cubed Steak
- Mashed Potatoes
- Hash Browns
Soring 7 Up Biscuits leftovers
Keep it at room temperature for up to two days.
Can I Freeze 7 Up Biscuits?
Yep! Place them in a sealed container and freeze them for up to 3 months.
To reheat frozen baked biscuits:
Bake the biscuits at 350 degrees for 10–15 minutes or until they are hot. Before serving, brush with some melted butter. Enjoy!
I can’t find Bisquick where I live.
Don’t worry! You can use pancake mix without any issues. Or make your own Bisquick by combining 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder, 1/2 cup shortening, and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix together well!
Can I Use Diet Soda, Sprite, Or Ginger Ale?
Yes! You can swap the 7 Up for any soda that you like. Each soda will alter the flavor slightly. Stay away from dark colas because they will really affect the flavor.
My Biscuit Dough Is Very Soft/sticky, Where Did I Go Wrong?
Typically, if the dough is sticky, it just means it needs a little more flour. Add a little bit more Bisquick to make it less sticky. Just add 1/4 cup at a time.
More Biscuits, Baby!
Crab Stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuits – These are the ultimate, savory biscuit!
Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage – This is a casserole you will want time and time again!
KFC Biscuits – These copycat biscuits are the BOMB!
Spiced Pumpkin Buttermilk Biscuits – Incredibly flavorful and easy!