Easy Grilled Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for a simple Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe? This recipe for Grilled Chicken Tikka Masala is easy to make and tastes amazing. This recipe is easily customized for your love of spicy foods so that anyone can enjoy it.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Easy Grilled Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
No Indian meal is complete without some garlic naan and to help you handle the heat, go ahead and make some baba ghanoush which is perfect to help cool down your mouth!
What do I Serve With the Best Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe?
Whenever you are serving Chicken Tikka Masala you want to make sure you have naan. This is a classic addition to almost any Indian meal that you definitely want to include. You can also serve this with rice. It can be a great addition for the heat of this recipe.
Can This Be Cooked In The Oven Instead of a Grill?
If you wanted to bake this in the oven instead of a grill you certainly can. You can bake the skewers or you can bake the chicken in a pan with some of the marinades. No matter what you make these, you are going to love them.
Can These Be A Freezer Meal?
I love to make an extra batch of a recipe whenever I can. Freezer meals are great when you want home-cooked meals but do not have time to cook. Pull your freezer meal out, bake it and you have a fresh dinner that is better than anything you can order in. Chicken Tikka Masala is a great freezer meal. Add everything together and bake the chicken instead of grilling it on skewers. This will let you be able to add it to a freezer bag after baking and then have it for another night.
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka Masala
- Plain yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Ground cumin
- Ground cinnamon
- Cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh ginger
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Jalapeno pepper
- Garam masala
- Tomato sauce
- Heavy cream
- Fresh cilantro
How to Make Chicken Tikka Masala
In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat a grill for high heat.
In a large heavy skillet over medium heat melt butter. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Stir in cumin, paprika, salt, and garam masala. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
Add grilled chicken to the sauce mixture and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with garlic naan.
Save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 long skewers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat melt butter. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Stir in cumin, paprika, salt, and garam masala. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add grilled chicken to the sauce mixture and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with garlic naan.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Want More Chicken Recipes
If you love this recipe for chicken tikka masala, you will also love my Eggplant Curry with Chickpeas recipe. If you love cooking with chicken
because it is inexpensive and versatile, you will love these other chicken recipes.
Instant Pot Orange Chicken – Wait until you see how easy and delicious this orange chicken recipe is. With a fresh flavor, it simply does not get easier than Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe!
Best Chicken Marsala Recipe for Slow Cooker – The Best Chicken Marsala Recipe for Slow Cooker is an easy chicken marsala recipe that tastes just as good as going out to your favorite restaurant. An easy but delicious meal to serve to guests or any night you want to treat yourself.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – This Instant Pot chicken recipe features delicious tender chicken, flavorful rice and vegetables. One bite and this will go on your weekly menu.
One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry – Now you can make this easy one-pot meal with all the flavor of take out. This delicious skillet meal is going to be part of your menu from now.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup – This is the Best Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe ever. Fast and Easy This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.