This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Crispy and delicious egg rolls stuffed with ground pork, coleslaw, and seasoned with several spices. These egg rolls are absolutely delicious! I have been craving egg rolls ever since my husband and I dined at PF Chang’s in December with a group of our friends. So when I found this recipe I was so excited to try it out! I served these with sweet and sour chicken and rice. This is such a great appetizer to serve with stir fry or Chinese dishes. One of the great things about these egg rolls is that you can freeze these and pull them out of the freezer for a quick and easy dinner or snack. Just prepare these egg rolls up to step 5 and place in freezer. Make a batch of these for Superbowl Sunday and they will be inhaled before the end of the first quarter…but I warn you, double the batch! 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 7 inch square egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a large bowl combine ground pork, ginger, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix thoroughly. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add pork mixture and cook until pork is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute coleslaw,water, soy sauce and Chinese five spice until tender. Add the pork mixture and set aside.
- In another large skillet, over medium high heat, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl until it forms a paste.
- To assemble egg rolls, lay one egg roll wrapper with the corner pointed toward you. Place 1/3 cup of the cabbage mixture on egg roll wrapper and fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of the flour paste on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack. Place on serving plate and top with sesame seeds if desired. Serve with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!