You will be drooling when you taste this incredible Chicken Bacon Ranch Instant Pot Chicken Taquitos Recipe. Learn how to cook a whole chicken in Instant Pot and turn it into insanely good chicken taquitos.
These are the best homemade taquitos, and they are perfect for meal prep and are also freezer friendly. Every bite is filled with juicy chicken, ranch dressing, cheese, cream cheese, and onions in a flour tortilla.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Instant Pot Chicken Taquitos Recipe
Once you learn how to make chicken taquitos, I have a feeling you are going to have a new favorite recipe. I seriously make these at least once a month because my family can never get enough. The combination of chicken and cheese is so filling and satisfying. We will even make these shredded chicken taquitos in advance and have them in the freezer ready to go whenever we are looking for an easy dinner idea. You know those nights when you dread the idea of cooking? These chicken and cheese taquitos are the answer!
Can I Make This Without Using A Whole Chicken?
Yes, you can make these baked chicken taquitos without using a whole chicken. Simple use cooked chicken breast, chicken tenderloins, boneless skinless chicken thighs, or other kinds of meats that you like. You could even use ground beef, sausage, or anything else you enjoy.
Variations to Recipe
I love that you can adjust the ingredients and add in other flavors to change the way it tastes. You’ll never get bored because you can always add in other flavors. Here are a few of our favorite ideas?
- Mexican Cheese – Instead of Monterey Jack, use a Mexican cheese instead. It has a lot of fantastic flavors and is an excellent combination to the other ingredients.
- Red Onions – Chop up some red onions and add them to the filling. If you love red onions, you are sure to enjoy the flavors they provide in the instant pot chicken taquitos.
- Corn Tortillas – I prefer to use flour tortillas, but you could swap them for corn tortillas if that is your preference.
- Gluten-Free Tortillas – If you eat gluten-free, go ahead and use gluten-free tortillas. They will cook up perfectly and will give you an easy gluten-free dinner idea.
Can You Freeze
Yes, freezing the homemade chicken taquitos is a great way to save them and have them around when you need a fast dinner. Cook them as directed, then lay them out on a baking sheet. Place the pan in the freezer and chill for at least 2 hours. Once frozen, remove the taquitos from the pan and place them into a freezer bag. They will last up to three months in the freezer. Heat them in the microwave or bake in the oven until hot.
Can I Fry The Taquitos instead of baking
Yes, these easy Instant Pot chicken taquitos are great for frying. Heat the oil up to 350 degrees and cook until golden brown. Be sure to turn over as they are cooking, so both sides fry evenly. Serve hot and enjoy!
Can I Use Turkey Instead of Chicken
Yes, dice up some cooked turkey and replace the chicken. This is a terrific idea after the holiday when you end up with lots of leftover turkeys. Or if you find a great deal that’s too good to pass up. The flavors of chicken and turkey are similar so that the results will be similar too.
What Is The Best Size of Tortilla To Use For Making Taquitos
I recommend using a 6-inch tortilla. It’s a great size that is easy to eat and cooks well. You can opt for something larger if you want, but keep in mind that you will have a lesser amount of taquitos because they will need more fillings.
- Packet dry Ranch seasoning
- Whole roasting chicken
- Canola oil
- Chicken stock
- Cream cheese
- Bacon cooked, crumbled.
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Green onions, chopped
- Ranch seasoning
How Do You Make Chicken Taquitos
1. Start off by prepping the whole chicken. You’ll need to remove any giblets and such that’s inside the chicken cavity. Then you’ll need to pat down the chicken with a paper towel.
2. Use the ranch dressing powder and season the entire chicken, including the inside your chicken as well. Add the lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken.
3. Turn on the Instant Pot to the saute feature. Then add in the oil and chicken. Put the breast side down, and cook until it becomes golden brown. This typically takes around 4-5 minutes.
4. After the breast side has browned up, turn the chicken over slowly and carefully. Then brown the other side of the chicken. Remove the whole chicken from the Instant Pot.
5. Turn off the saute function. Make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Take a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom to ensure no food is stuck.
6. Place the metal trivet into the pot. Pour in the chicken stock, and set the chicken on top.
7. Turn the instant pot to high pressure for 28 minutes. Then complete a natural release for 25 minutes. Let rest on a cooling rack until cooled down.
8. After the chicken is cooled, you’ll need to debone and pull chicken off the bone and shred the meat.
9. Prepare the filling by mixing the softened cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, green onions, and ½ packet of dry ranch seasoning together in a bowl.
10. Mix well until combined. Fold in the chicken.
11. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on top of a tortilla. Then roll it tightly and place it in a baking dish.
12. Complete the process until all of the taquitos are wrapped. Season with salt and dry ranch powder if you want. Bake the chicken taquitos for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until flour tortillas are golden brown.
Now, make sure you save this recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest 🙂
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning
- 1 (4-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 6-7 thick strips of bacon cooked, crumbled.
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Green onions, chopped
- 1- 1oz package of Ranch seasoning
- 15 ( 6 inch ) tortillas
- Start by prepping your whole chicken. You will remove any giblets and such inside the chicken cavity. Pat down your chicken with a paper towel.
- Now grab your ranch dressing powder and season your chicken and inside your chicken as well. Place lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken.
- Turn your Instant Pot on the saute feature, and add in your oil and chicken. Place breast side down, and cook until it is golden brown. This takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Once breast side is browned, flip the chicken over carefully and brown the other side of the chicken. Then remove from the Instant Pot.
- Turn the saute feature off, and make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape.
- Now place metal trivet into the pot. Add in your chicken stock, and place chicken on top.
- Set high pressure for 28 minutes with a natural release for 25 minutes. Let rest on a a cooling rack until cooled down.
- Once chicken is cooled you will want to debone and pull chicken off the bone and shred the meat.
- In a bowl add softened cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, green onions and ½ packet of dry ranch seasoning.
- Mix well until combined. Stir in your chicken.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the chicken on a tortilla and roll it up tightly and place in a baking dish.
- Complete till all the taquitos are wrapped. You can season with salt and dry ranch powder if you want. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until flour tortillas are golden brown.
- NOTE: Taquitos can be frozen up to 30 days. Place in a sealable freezer bag laying flat.
- Cook from frozen: Bake for 25 min.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 1085mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
If you’ve been looking for more Instant Pot recipes, we have several for you to look over.
- Instant Pot Roast – I love the traditional flavors in this incredible roast. It’s so simple to make in the pressure cooker too.
- Instant Pot Shawarma – Move over boring dinner ideas, it’s time to add this Shawarma recipe to your list of recipes. It’s so flavorful and easy to make.
- Instant Pot Chinese Beef – If you love stir fry and Chinese foods, be sure to try this one. It’s so tasty and simple.
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff – It’s creamy, full of ground beef, and noodles. Enjoy this on those busy evenings after a rough day—pure comfort food.