This festive Instant Pot Mint Chip Bundt Cake Recipe is going to rock your world!
Everything about this easy mint green cake is going to make your drool. Not only does this instant pot bundt cake have mint chocolate chip flavors in it, but it is also a festive green that is perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Next time you’re looking for an easy cake to make then, you should definitely consider making this Saint Patrick’s Day dessert.
Instant Pot Mint Chip Bundt Cake Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I get bored with some traditional cake recipes. I like things that are fun and festive! This St. Patrick’s Day dessert is exactly what I was looking for, and it was impressive to everybody that came for the party. So if you are looking for something that is unusual and also tastes great, be sure to make this mint chocolate chip cake.
This Instant Pot mint chip bundt cake would also be fantastic for birthday parties, potluck dinners, or any other event when you’re going to be feeding a lot of people. Everybody loves the fact that you were able to make the cake in your pressure cooker, and you don’t have to tell them how easy it was to do so.
Tips for Making Cake in Instant Pot
There are several things you need to think about when you make a cake in your instant pot.
First of all, you need to make sure that you’re using a pan that fits inside of the instant pot. The other thing is you want to make sure to use the trivet that belongs to the instant pot. When you pour the liquid into the instant pot, you need to make sure not to get any of it on the cake. It’s also important to add aluminum foil on top of your cake to ensure that water does condensate on top of the cake.
If you do all of these things, most likely, your cake is going to turn out delicious every time.
Variations To Recipe
There are several things you can do to this mint chip bundt cake recipe if you want to. It’s super versatile, so it allows you the freedom of doing a lot of different options.
- White chocolate -I love adding white chocolate anything mint related. It tastes really good, and it also adds another bit of flavor depth that you just can’t resist. Add a half a cup of white chocolate chips or crushed white chocolate to add some extra pizzazz to this mint chocolate cake.
- Crushed mint Oreos -it’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of mint Oreos. You can easily crush up a few and add them to the top of the finished cake.
- Crushed nuts -you can also add your favorite crushed nuts to the top and sides of the finished cake. We especially love walnuts and pecans for this recipe.
Why Is My Cake Soggy On Top?
If the top of your instant pot mint chip bundt cake ends up soggy, that means that you need to make sure to tighten the aluminum foil that you placed on top. If the aluminum foil is not tightly around your cake pan, then it allows water to seep in around the cake, and the result will be a mushy or soggy cake.
Can You Freeze Leftover Cake
Yes, you can easily freeze leftover cake if you want to. You can either slice it into individual pieces or save the entire cake in one piece. Just keep it in an airtight container and stored in the freezer for up to three months.
How to Store
You can either store the cake at room temperature, or you can store the instant pot but cake in the refrigerator. Either way, the instant pot bundt cake will last up to four days at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Box french vanilla cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- 3 drops mint green food coloring
- Pure mint extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make Instant Pot Bundt Cake
Step 1: First, you will need to combine the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, oil, mint extract, and mint green food coloring in a large bowl. Combine until you have a batter.
Step 2: Gently fold in the chocolate chips into the cake batter.
Step 3: You will need to grease the bottom and sides of a 7 in bundt pan. Sprinkle some flour and shake it around to cover the entire cake pan.
Step 4: Pour the cake batter into the bundt cake pan.
Step 5: Add the water into the inner bowl of the instant pot. Then add the trivet to the instant pot as well.
Step 6: Be sure to tightly cover the bundt cake pan with aluminum foil. Then, you will need to form a swing or use a silicone sling to gently lower the bundt cake pan into the instant pot.
Step 7: Add the lid to the instant pot and seal it. Cook the cake on high pressure for 35 minutes then do a quick release.
Step 8: Place the cake pan on a cooling rack for 30 to 60 minutes or until it has cooled completely. Then take a knife and lightly go around the edges of the cake pan to ensure that the cake does not stick to the pan.
Step 9: Prepare the chocolate ganache by heating up the heavy whipping cream until it has begun to boil slightly.
Step 10: Add the chocolate chips to a heat-safe bowl. Then gently pour the heavy whipping cream over the top of the chocolate chips. Let them sit for a few moments then stir with a whisk. Pour the homemade chocolate ganache over the top of the cake and enjoy!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 drops mint green food coloring
- 1 tbsp pure mint extract
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, mix together the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, oil, mint extract and mint green food coloring. Mix until the cake batter comes together.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mint chocolate chip cake batter.
- Grease and flour a 7 inch bundt pan.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of instant pot. Place trivet inside.
- Cover your Cake tightly with aluminum foil.
- Make a foil sling or use a silicone sling, and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top of trivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- You will do a quick release of pressure.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt
pan and empty the cake onto a plate.
- Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling.
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl.
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes.
- Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
I’m excited to share some more instant pot dessert recipes with you! Here are a few of my favorites.
Instant pot pumpkin cake – fall is in the air, so it’s time to make this incredible instant pot pumpkin cake.
Instant pot Bailey’s cheesecake – if you love drinking Bailey’s, you really need to taste this cheesecake. It’s going to blow your mind!
Instant pot apple pie cake – if you love the combination of cake with apples, then this is a cake you aren’t going to want to miss out on.
Instant pot Oreo cheesecake – it’s no secret I’m obsessed with all things related to Oreos! This cheesecake is one of the best things you’ll ever eat.