Looking for the best tasting Pumpkin Cake recipe? Wait until you try this Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake with Chocolate Chips! So good and so easy to make, you are going to make this recipe all through the pumpkin spice season.
When you think Fall, what is the flavor that everyone tends to think of? Pumpkin is what comes to my mind first for sure. I love make pumpkin desserts and muffins and loaves. Anything pumpkin with the flavor of Fall and I am all over it. I am going to introduce to you an amazing taste of Fall using your Instant Pot. It’s a Pumpkin Cake!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake
I bet you are thinking that making a pumpkin cake is not what first comes to mind, but after this it sure will be! The aroma that simply comes off of anything that you are making with pumpkin puts you in a cozy mood. You just want to snuggle right on up with a good book or even enjoy it with friends. Making a dessert quickly or on short notice is now possible. The Instant Pot has saved my life on so many last minute occasions.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake Recipe
This Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake goes so well with a nice latte (pumpkin flavored even, right!). When it’s that season, I am THAT PERSON. I am all in for everything pumpkin in the stores until it disappears. The best way to celebrate Fall is with good friends and with an amazing dessert to share.
When serving this Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake, you need to have a great dinner before serving. Why not try
- Garlic Herb Potatoes and Steak Skillet
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup With Vegetables
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Roasted Vegetables
Variations to Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake Recipe
The topping on this cake brings out the best flavors. Chocolate, Chocolate and more Chocolate. Pumpkin and chocolate goes amazing together. If you wanted to make changes to this cake you can try:
- Add more chocolate to the batter– Add cocoa powder to the batter
- Use Cream Cheese Frosting– If you want to add another layer of flavor to this cake, add cream cheese frosting on the cake.
- Serve with Whipped Cream– Who doesn’t love whipped cream and pumpkin?
How to Store Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake
This cake will stay fresh for several days when it is stored correctly. In order to help this cake stay its freshest, store it at room temperature in an airtight container. The air will make this cake taste dry and stale. Storing the cake in the refrigerator will also speed the process. You only want to store cakes in the refrigerator when the cake has a frosting that needs to be refrigerated.
Can Pumpkin Cake Recipe be Frozen
If you want to make this cake and freeze it to always have it on hand or it will not get eaten before the cake goes bad, you can freeze this pumpkin cake recipe. Make sure the chocolate ganache is set so that it doesn’t stick to the plastic wrap. If you are worried about sticking, you can also freeze the cake first then wrap it once it has frozen the ganache. When you are going to thaw the cake, remove the plastic first and let thaw at room temperature.
Making life easier in the kitchen, especially when you are in a time crunch, this Instant Pot craze has made things so easy. I can not believe that I can make a decadent dessert like this Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Cake from mixing ingredients to out of the pot in about 40 minutes. That includes the amazing topping that you make ahead of time on the stove top.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake Mix
- all-purpose flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin puree
- chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- semisweet chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
How To Make Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake
In a medium-sized saucepan add your condensed milk and chocolate chips.
Place your saucepan over medium heat.
Stir constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
Do not allow it to boil.
Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
Cool slightly before pouring over your bundt cake.
Make the Pumpkin Cake Batter
In a medium bowl add your flour, pie spice, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Whisk to combine.
Set to the side.
In your stand mixer add the butter and sugar.
Cream together for a couple of minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add your eggs one at a time.
Making sure they are fully combined before you add the next egg.
Add the pumpkin to the sugar mix,
Mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Be sure to only mix until just combined.
Reduce the speed to low.
Add in the chocolate chips.
Spray your bundt pan with a non-stick baking spray
Spoon batter into the bundt pan.
Cover with foil
Bake the Pumpkin Cake Mix in the Pressure Cooker
Add your trivet to your Instant Pot
Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the pressure cooker.
Put the bundt pan on the trivet.
Lock the lid in place.
Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes.
Use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
Remove the bundt pan to a wire rack to cool.
Remove the foil from the bundt cake.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs- room temp
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium sized saucepan add your condensed milk, and chocolate chips.
- Place your saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Do not allow it to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool slightly before pouring over your bundt cake.
- In a medium bowl ad your flour, pie spice, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Whisk to combine.
- Set to the side.
- In your stand mixer add the butter and sugar.
- Cream together for a couple minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time.
- Making sure they are fully combined before you add the next egg.
- Add the pumpkin to the sugar mix,
- Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until just combined.Reduce the speed to low.
- Ad in the chocolate chips.
- Spray your bundt pan with a non-stick baking spray
- Spoon batter into the bundt pan.
- Cover with foil
- Add your trivet to your Instant Pot
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the pressure cooker.
- Put the bundt pan on the trivet.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the bundt pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Remove the foil from the bundt cake.
Don’t forget to try some of our other sweet treats that can be used as breakfast or a snack. Take a look at these recipes:
Buckeye Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites – If you want a snack that’s sweet and delicious, try these pretzel bites. They are so amazing.
S’more Bites – You can’t help but become addicted to the sweet flavors of these S’more bites! Try them and find out.
Simple Fresh Cranberry Scones – When you’re heading out the door, these scones come in handy. Plus, they taste incredible too.
Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Bites – These tasty bites are vegan and happen to be gluten-free too. Indulge in this satisfying snack!