Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for the best Oreo Cheesecake recipe? Want one that is done fast and easy? You need this simple Oreo Cookies Cheesecake recipe. Sweet, creamy, with an Oreo crunch, this is the best Cookies and Cream Cheesecake ever!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
The Easiest Must Have Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
I love Oreos. Everything about them. And I love me some cheesecake. When I have the two of them together, it is one of my most favorite things. Since my Instant Pot is like my best friend in the kitchen, you know that I have to get it involved and use to make the easiest Oreo Cheesecake I have ever made.
Can I make this a low fat cheesecake?
Cheesecakes are not known for being low in fat or calories. It is one of the heaviest desserts when it comes to fat. This is what makes it so decadent and delicious. While you can not make this a low fat cheesecake, you can reduce some of the fat to make it a lower fat cheesecake. Try these easy ideas to make this cheesecake lower in fat.
- Fat free cream cheese – While many people use regular cream cheese, there is a light version as well as a fat free version. While the fat free cream cheese cuts out the fat, it doesn’t cut out the taste. 3 ounces of full fat cream cheese has 29 grams of fat. Since this recipe calls for 16 ounces of cream cheese, that is a significant amount of fat being removed.
- Sour Cream – There are several versions of sour cream. There is full fat and then there is light sour cream. One way to reduce the fat is to light sour cream, but if you want to make a bigger impact, swap the sour cream for fat free plain Greek Yogurt. Not only does this cut the fat it is also packed with protein.
- Light Butter – One last way to make this cheesecake lower in fat and calories is to use a light butter. This will reduce more of the fat without compromising on taste.
While these methods will not remove all of the fat from this Oreo Cheesecake, it will certainly make it very close to a low fat cheesecake recipe.
Can I Make Mini Cheesecakes in the Instant Pot?
You can make mini cheesecakes in the Instant Pot as easily as you can make a full size cheesecake. When making mini cheesecakes in the Instant Pot you will want to make the cakes in small containers. Some mini pan ideas you can use are:
- Ramekins: These are small dessert dishes that are about 3.5 inches. These are often used for things like creme brulee or single serve custards.
- Oven Safe Mugs: Oven safe mugs are another great option to use in the Instant Pot when making mini cheesecakes.
- Mini Mason Jars: Mason jars are designed to go into pressure cookers since this is how many people can food. The mason jars not only are safe to use, it looks great when you are serving desserts. You will want the small or mini-sized mason jars
What is the Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Pan
When you are making cheesecake, whether it is in the oven or in the Instant Pot, you will want to make it in a springform pan. This is a pan that has a bottom that detaches from the sides. The rounded walls of the pan expand and close by a latch on the side. This makes it easy to get to the cheesecake. You assemble the pan before adding the crust or the filling. Once you bake the cheesecake and it has cooled, you unlatch the sides and it slides off the cake, leaving the cheesecake on the hard bottom of the pan. When you are using this in the Instant Pot, you just need to make sure you have a pan that fits into the cooking sleeve of the Instant Pot.
Ingredients for Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Sour cream
- All purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Whipping cream for topping
- Chocolate syrup for topping
How to Make Oreo Cookie Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Place 16 Oreos, 3 tbsp of melted butter and a pinch of salt into a food processor. Blend until completely combined.
Add the crumbs to a well greased 6 inch springform pan.
Use the bottom of a greased cup to press the crumbs into a solid crust on the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
Place the crust in the freezer to set for at least 20 minutes.
Mix together the cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, sour cream, all purpose flour, and vanilla extract until well combined, smooth and creamy.
Crush up 10 Oreos, and stir them into the filling mixture.
Pour the filling mixture into the set crust in the springform pan.
Fold a piece of aluminum foil into a long thin strip, and lay across the bottom of the Instant Pot, and up the sides to the top. This will be used as a sling to help you remove the springform pan when the cooking is done, and it is hot.
Place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Put the filled springform pan into the bottom of the Instant Pot, and close the lid, making sure the release valve is set to the sealing position.
Set the Instant Pot to the manual setting for 37 minutes, and then allow the Instant Pot to manually release for 10 minutes after the cook time is over. Once done, flip the release valve to the venting position, and remove the lid.
Place the cheesecake in the springform pan into the fridge for at least 5 hours, or even overnight.
When ready to serve, top the cheesecake with a thick layer of whipped cream, crushed Oreos and chocolate syrup.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Homemade Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages, 8 oz each cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 C heavy cream, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Oreo Whipped Cream
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- ¼ C crushed oreos
- 1 disposable piping bag with star tip
- 1 C mini oreos
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Prep springform pan with non-stick spray
- Set aside
- Crush cookies
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl. Stir until both ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepped pan. With a measuring cup press down on the mixture to make a crust. With this crush work to line the sides to about the middle of the pan.
- Move to the refrigerator and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- (Before you start ensure that all of the ingredients are at room temp.)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch on medium-low speed. Continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add in the heavy cream. Beat until blended. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add one egg at at a time beating after each addition until combined. Add the vanilla beating to to mix well.
- Slowly begin to add in the chopped cookies. Stir to mix.
- Transfer the crust from the refrigerator. Slowly begin to pour the cheesecake batter into the prepped pan.
- Put the metal trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water. Gently place the cheesecake pan on top of the trivet. Cover the pan that has the cheesecake with foil.
- Set on manual setting. Adjust the pressure to high. Cook for 30 minutes. (30 minutes will make the cheesecake creamy while 35 minutes will result in a denser cheesecake.)
- When the IP beeps, release the pressure naturally for about 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully open the IP. Gently move the cheesecake to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool for about 1 hour. Carefully run a paring knife around the edges of the cheesecake.
- Transfer the cheesecake (still in the springform pan) to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Pour the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Put the bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds. (Or until it begins to bubble.)
- Put the chocolate chips into a bowl. Pour the hot heavy cream on top of the chocolate chips. Check to make sure all of the chips are covered with the heavy cream. Set the bowl aside for about 1 minute.
- After the minute start to slowly stir the mixture until all is totally blended. (If not all of the chips are melted return the bowl for another 20 seconds.) Stir. Repeat these last 2 steps as necessary until the chips are melted and incorporated. (If the mixture is too thin add move chips, If the mixture is too thick add more cream. If added stir until all ingredients are blended.)
- Move the serving plate close to the cheesecake. Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Set it on the serving plate.
- Carefully pour the ganache over the cheesecake.
Oreo Whipped Cream
- Using a hand beater, beat together all ingredients until combined and stiff with peaks
- Scoop into a piping bag
- Garnish with Oreo cookies.
- Set the cheesecake aside allowing the ganache to harden before cutting and serving.
- Return the leftover cheesecake to the refrigerator. Cover the cheesecake loosely with foil. It will last in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Easy and delicious, this Instant Pot apple cake will knock your socks off! This apple cake has just the right amount of cinnamon, and Granny Smith diced apples.
Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe – Fresh, light and scrumptious millionaire pie is just what you need in your life! You won’t be able to get enough of the creamy filling in this millionaire pie recipe.
Strawberry Pound Cake – Sweet, moist strawberry pound cake is the perfect crowd pleasing dessert! I can’t wait to share with you my favorite strawberry pound cake recipe because I know you are going to be hooked.
Black Forest Brownies Recipe – These black forest brownies will knock the socks off of any chocolate lover! Rich and decadent, these delicious cherry brownies from scratch are much easier to make than their delightful flavor would have you assume!