Sweet, moist strawberry pound cake is the perfect crowd pleasing dessert! I can’t wait to share with you my favorite strawberry pound cake recipe because I know you are going to be hooked.
Fresh strawberry pound cake has fresh strawberries and fluffy cake in every bite. I am going to show you how to make strawberry glaze that’s out of this world amazing too! Next time you are wondering what to make with strawberries, this strawberry pound cake with glaze will come to the rescue.
How To Make A Strawberry Pound Cake From Scratch
Not only am I going to show you how to make the pound cake, but I am going also to show you how to make the strawberry glaze, which is the star of the show. Get ready because this strawberry pound cake is a home run and once you taste it you are going to be begging for more.
First Step: Gather all of the ingredients. You only need 10 ingredients for this strawberry pound cake recipe and the strawberry glaze.
Second Step: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Third Step: In a separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
Fourth Step: Add sugar to the wet ingredients and stir well.
Fifth Step: Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly. Stir until well combined.
Sixth Step: Fold in fresh strawberries to the batter and stir.
Seventh Step: Pour Strawberry Pound Cake batter into greased loaf pan.
How To Make Strawberry Glaze
I should give you a bit of a disclaimer here…this strawberry glaze is so good you will want to eat it with a spoon. Plus, you can add it to homemade donuts, toast, white cake, or shortcake. Now you know what to make with strawberries anytime you get a craving or find a good deal!
First Step: Mash strawberries with a fork to use in the glaze.
Second Step: Combine mashed strawberries and powdered sugar to make the strawberry glaze. It will be a vibrant pink color and taste amazing.
Final Step: Once the strawberry pound cake dessert has finished baking, cool completely. Top with the homemade strawberry glaze.
Strawberry Pound Cake Variations
Seriously, when your taste buds get ahold of this pound cake with strawberries, they are going to dance for joy! This strawberry pound cake recipe is perfect the way it is, but don’t be afraid to add in some extra flavors too. Here are some creative ideas to try out:
- Sour Cream – If you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand no need to worry! You can substitute sour cream instead. Either way, the strawberry pound cake is going to be full of flavor and super moist.
- Lemon – Transform this melt in your mouth pound cake into a strawberry lemonade pound cake. Simply add in 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp lemon zest for a pleasant surprise.
- Blueberries – Add some fresh blueberries to the pound cake and strawberry glaze. Just mash them up with the strawberries, and it will be so scrumptious.
- Raspberries – Turn this into a berry pound cake, by adding in some raspberries too. Nothing goes better with strawberries than other berries. Give it a try because you won’t regret it.
How Do You Know When Pound Cake Is Done?
You will know this fresh strawberry pound cake is done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Another thing to look for when baking this strawberry pound cake recipe is baking is that the sides will begin to pull away from the pan. This is another indication it’s done or almost done. Lastly, you can touch the top of the strawberry pound cake with your finger, and it should be springy and bounce right back. If there is an indent of your fingerprint, then it needs to continue baking for a few more minutes.
Why Does The Top Of My Pound Cake Crack?
Don’t worry; it’s entirely normal for the top of the fresh strawberry pound cake to crack on top. This is because when you make the strawberry pound cake batter, it is pretty dense. As the pound cake with strawberries bakes, the exterior cooks faster than the interior. This causes the surface of the cake to rise up; then you end up with a crack in the center. There isn’t much you can do to prevent this from happening other than baking it in a bundt pan instead. The good news is that you can cover the cake with the strawberry icing and no one will even notice it.
Why Is My Cake Sinking In The Middle
When the center of the cake sinks, it can be frustrating, but I want you to know this is a common problem. The reason this happens is that if you overmix the batter, you will add little air bubbles to it and as it bakes they will pop, and the strawberry pound cake will flatten. The best way to combat this issue is to not over-stir the batter. Another reason why this happens is that when you open the door to the oven while you are baking, it causes the batter to sink. This will lead to falling in the center of the cake too. If you have a window and light in your oven, try to keep an eye on it that way in the beginning stages of baking when the batter is more liquidy.
How To Store Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake
The best way to store this strawberry pound cake recipe is by keeping in an airtight container. You can wrap individual pieces in plastic wrap and place them in a container with a lid or wrap the entire cake. You just need to keep it protected from hot temperatures and air. You can keep the strawberry pound cake on your counter, in the pantry, or in the refrigerator if you prefer it cold.
Another option is to freeze the strawberry pound cake dessert. Again, you would need to wrap it up and place it in an airtight freezer bag or container. This is ideal for a quick dessert or snack.
This strawberry pound cake recipe will last 3-4 days on the counter or fridge and 2-3 months in the freezer. To defrost, simply set on the counter until it’s thawed then you can eat it.
When To Serve This Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
Obviously, you can serve this strawberry pound cake for a dessert, but there are many other occasions and events you should consider serving it for. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Birthday Parties – Perfect for someone who doesn’t like a traditional cake.
- Wedding – If you are making your own wedding cakes or you want something different, give this a try. You can do variations too!
- Potluck – Don’t expect any leftovers when you serve this at a potluck.
- Barbecues – This is the perfect summertime treat and will bring a smile to everyone’s faces.
- Events – Whether you are hosting a fundraiser, church event or community gathering this strawberry pound cake will be a huge hit.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later:
Fresh strawberry pound cake has fresh strawberries and fluffy cake in every bite. I am going to show you how to make strawberry glaze that’s out of this world amazing too!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup smashed strawberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix the wet ingredients: greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and oil.
- Add the sugar to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Fold in the diced strawberries to your batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Once baked, remove from oven to cool.
- Combine the smashed strawberries and powdered sugar to form a glaze.
- Pour over the cooled pound cake.
- Allow to set before serving.
Check Out These Other Sweet Treats:
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – Cherry brownies are a tasty twist on a classic brownie.
Brown Sugar Pecan Rolls Bread – sticky enough to lick your fingers after. Yum!
White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes – You’ve definitely never had cupcakes like these before!