This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Oh man, this recipe makes me want to be sitting in a cabana on the beach with a fruity drink! For all of you that know me, I LOVE the beach and this recipe can transport you from the daily grind right onto the sandy beaches of Jamaica! This recipe reminds me of standing in line at a tiny shack in Montego Bay, Jamaica waiting to get some of the “islands best” jerk chicken. This recipe has a spicy-sweet jerk seasoning that rivals some of the “islands best”. Pair this recipe with the Cuban Sweet Potato Salad for a menu that will unleash your inner islander. So go ahead, kick off those shoes and stick your toes in the sand…you are on island time!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Jamaican Jerk Grilled Kebabs
For the jerk glaze:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime, 2-3 Tablespoons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the kebabs:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 ounce light smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2-3 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 10- inch skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes prior to use. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill rack with oil.
- Combine the 1/4 cup olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, lime peel, onion powder, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne for glaze in a bowl; mix well. Set aside half of the glaze for serving.
- Thread chicken, sausage, and bell pepper pieces onto eight 10-inch skewers.
- Grill skewers, covered, over direct heat until chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Every two minutes, turn the skewers and brush with glaze, using all the glaze in the bowl. Just before serving, brush the skewers with the reserved glaze.