With these white chocolate coconut pecan cupcakes, you get a whole lot of flavor in one little cupcake wrapper. You’ve definitely never had cupcakes like these before!
I can never have enough of these coconut and white chocolate cupcakes. The reason why I enjoy them so much is that they are different and not like what you can get every day. They have a perfect combination of white chocolate, coconut, and pecans.
Not only are these super easy coconut cupcakes, but they are also incredibly moist too. Plus, when you serve them to family or friends, they practically beg for the recipes.
How To Make White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes
If you are looking for a unique, flavorful coconut cupcake, you have come to the right place. Everything about them will bring a smile to your face and make your taste buds do a little happy dance. Give these delicious white chocolate coconut cupcakes a try! Here are the easy steps.
First Step: In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well with each egg.
Second Step: Melt the white chocolate and add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
Third Step: In a separate bowl, sift together your flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
Fourth Step: After everything is well blended, add in coconut, vanilla, and pecans. Mix well.
Fifth Step: Pour batter into cupcake tins and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Sixth Step: Once the white chocolate coconut pecan cupcakes have finished baking, place them on a wire rack to cool. After they are cooled completely, you can put vanilla icing on them and garnish with crushed pecans.
Coconut And White Chocolate Cupcake Variations
Go wild and crazy when you make these white chocolate coconut cupcakes. They go well with all kinds of flavors and fun ingredients. They are perfect for holidays or any old day of the week. Here are some creative and tasty ideas to try out.
- Raspberries – Mash some raspberries and add them to the vanilla icing before frosting the easy coconut cupcakes. It’s seriously so good!
- Raisins – Toss in 1/4 – 1/2 cup of raisins to the white chocolate cupcake batter. Perfect for the raisin fanatic in your life.
- Candy Canes – When it’s near Christmas, adding some crushed candy canes to the frosting is beyond amazing. I usually leave off the pecans and put just use candy canes in their place, but you could try both.
- Oreos – Doesn’t everything taste better with Oreos? Add a few broken Oreos to the frosting. I have found the best way to mash them is by placing them in a ziplock bag and going over them with a rolling pin.
- Chocolate Chips – These white chocolate coconut pecan cupcakes need a little semi-sweet chocolate added to them every once in a while. I recommend starting with 1/2 cup of your favorite semi-sweet chocolate chips for an extra special treat.
- Strawberries – White chocolate and strawberries go hand in hand! You can crush up a few strawberries and add them to the batter, then crush a few more to go in the icing.
What Is The Difference Between A Muffin And A Cupcake?
While muffins and cupcakes look similar and have ingredients that are a lot alike, there are some significant differences between the two. Here is a breakdown of how they differ from each other.
- Muffins – They are typically filled with fruit like blueberries, apples, or bananas. Sometimes muffins can be savory and have things like eggs, cheese, sausage, ham, or bacon in them. Typically, you will find that most muffins have a drier texture and are denser.
- Cupcakes – You will find that cupcakes are much sweeter and rarely have savory ingredients. They have lots of sugar and icing. Cupcakes are basically a miniature cake.
What Is The Standard Size Of A Cupcake?
I prefer to make my white chocolate coconut cupcakes with standard sized baking tins. They are usually 2″ x 1 1/4″. Most cupcake recipes can also be made into smaller bite-sized cupcakes that are around 1″ diameter. Additionally, you can make extra large cupcakes in pans that are 3 1/2″ diameter.
Keep in mind that if you don’t use a standard baking pan when you make these coconut and white chocolate cupcakes, the cooking time will need to be adjusted as follows:
- Mini Cupcake Tin – Bake for 9-14 minutes until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Large Cupcake Tin – Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cupcakes are a nice golden brown color. A toothpick should come out clean.
How Do You Keep Cupcakes Fresh?
There are several ways you can keep these coconut cupcakes nice and fresh for longer. Try these tips next time you make a batch of easy coconut cupcakes:
- Allow the cupcakes to properly cool. If you get in a hurry and toss them in an airtight container before they are cooled, then condensation will build up. This will make them gooey, and the white chocolate coconut cupcakes will age much faster.
- Cupcakes age better when they are at room temperature. If the frosting has whipped cream or an ingredient like that, then they would need refrigerated. Otherwise, keep them in your cupboard or on the counter.
- Don’t wait too long to frost the coconut cupcakes. Ideally, they have icing on them within 2 days of baking. The longer they sit without frosting, the higher your odds are of developing overly moist tops.
- Store the coconut and white chocolate cupcakes in an airtight container. Check the container to make sure the lid closes properly, and air can’t get to them.
Can I Freeze White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes?
Of course, you can freeze these easy coconut cupcakes. I find that it’s best to freeze them when they haven’t been frosted yet. It’s okay if you do add icing before freezing them, I just prefer not having to mess with it. Do a flash freeze on the cupcakes, then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. After they are wrapped up well, you can place them in a freezer container with a lid. They will last an average of 6-8 months in the freezer.
To serve the easy white chocolate cupcakes, place them on the counter until they are thawed. You can also place them in the fridge for a few hours too. If you haven’t iced them, you can put frosting on then devour!
On the Hunt for More Dessert RecipesPrint
With these White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes, you get a whole lot of flavor in one little cupcake wrapper. You’ve definitely never had cupcakes like these before!
- 1/4 lb. of White Chocolate
- 1 cup of Butter
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 and a 1/2 cups of Flour
- 3/4 of a teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- 1 cup of Coconut
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 cup of Pecans (crushed)
- 1 tube of Vanilla Icing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a cupcake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well with each egg.
- Melt down your white chocolate and add it to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together your flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add you flour mixture slowly to your wet ingredients, alternating with your buttermilk, and mixing continuously.
- Once well blended, add in coconut, vanilla, and pecans. Mix well.
- Pour batter into cupcake tins and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and icing each cupcake.
- Serve and Enjoy!