This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
When you bite into this Instant Pot Guinness bundt cake recipe, you are going to notice how rich and decadent it is. This chocolate cake is so easy to make, and it’s perfect for St Patty’s Day, parties, or anytime you’re craving something rich.
This instant pot Guinness cake is very unique as it is a steamed cake. You won’t be able to resist going back for a second piece.
Instant Pot Guinness Bundt Cake Recipe
The last time we threw a Saint Patrick’s Day party, I wanted to make a dessert that was easy, chocolatey, and in my instant pot. I’m excited to say this Guinness cake recipe ended up being a huge success. If you’ve never made a cake in your instant pot, I’m telling you it is amazing. It saves you time, the cake is going to be super moist, and clean up is a breeze.
I can honestly say the only bad part about this instant pot homemade cake is that I only got one piece. I really wanted a second piece because it was so good. I always take it as a compliment when my recipes get gobbled up right away. This Guinness cake recipe certainly got eaten quickly. That’s how I know it is really good.
Other than a few basic supplies and ingredients, you can whip up this instant pot bundt cake in no time flat. You’ll have plenty of other time to work on other projects in the meantime.
Can I Swap Out With A Different Brand of Beer
Yes, you can swap out the Guinness beer for your favorite Irish beer. There are lots of varieties you can pick up at your local liquor store that would all work for this instant pot Guinness cake. So it’s okay to use any beer that you have on hand or that you prefer.
How To Store Cake
If you have leftover instant pot homemade cake, you can store it in the refrigerator, or at room temperature. In most cases, I like to refrigerate the instant pot bundt cake because I think it tastes good cold. But if you prefer it to be room temperature, that is okay as well. You will need to keep the cake in an airtight container, and it will last 3 to 5 days. Be on the lookout to make sure that the cake is still good and ensure that there is no mold, odor, or anything strange going on with the cake.
Variations to Recipe
As with most of my recipes, you can make some changes to have a variety in this instant pot cake. Here are a few of my favorite ideas for you to consider trying.
- Chocolate chips -I feel like you can never go wrong by adding chocolate chips to your favorite cake recipe. You can add in 1/4 cup to one of your favorite chocolate chips. White chocolate, milk chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate would all be a great addition to this cake.
- Nuts -if you love nuts in your cake, then go ahead and add some. Pecans, walnuts, and crushed almonds would all be delicious choices. I would stick with adding and up to 1/2 cup of your favorite nut.
- Heavy whipping cream -replace the milk in the frosting for heavy whipping cream. It will give you dreamy results, and the frosting will be even more rich and decadent.
When To Serve This Instant Pot Bundt Cake
There are tons of reasons to serve this instant pot bundt cake. It is excellent for birthday parties, anniversary dinners, backyard barbecues, potluck dinners, and just about any other reason you can think of. We must often serve cake to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day. It’s just a really fun and delicious cake for everybody to enjoy when we’re having a few beers to drink.
Can I Make This As A Vanilla Cake
Yes, if you want to make this be vanilla instead of chocolate, you can certainly make the change. All you will need to do is leave out the cocoa powder from the recipe. I will warn you that the cake is much more decadent when you serve it as a chocolate cake. However, it will still be very delicious and velvety smooth.
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Cocoa powder
- Large egg
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sour cream
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Guinness Beer
Guinness Glaze Ingredients:
- Powdered sugar
- Guinness Beer
- Whole milk
How to Make Instant Pot Guinness Cake
Step 1: Start off by Grease a 6inch round bundt cake pan with nonstick spray. Set it aside.
Step 2: Take your stand mixer and combine the butter, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until they are smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Then beat the sour cream, baking soda, and salt until combined.
Step 4: Combine 1/2 cup of flour with 1/4 cup of beer and mix until combined well.
Step 5: Repeat the process with the flour and beer until it is fully combined.
Step 6: Batter into the bundt cake pan and cover with foil.
Step 7: Carefully for 1 cup of water into the pot.
Step 8: Carefully lower the bundt pan into the instant pot on top of the trivet.
Step 9: Put the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
Step 10: Complete a quick-release once the cake has finished cooking. Put the cake on a wire rack to let it cool completely before frosting.
Guinness Glaze Directions:
Step 1: Combine the powdered sugar, Guinness beer, in whole milk in a medium sized mixing bowl. Combine ingredients until they are mixed well and drizzle the glaze over the top of the finished and cooled bundt cake.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Instant Pot Guinness bundt cake
- Cake Ingredients
- ½ C unsalted butter, softened
- 6 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBSP plus 2 tsp sour cream
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ C Guiness Beer
Guinness Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ C powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP Guinness Beer
- 2 tsp whole milk
- Grease a 6inch round bundt pan with pam baking spray and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, cocoa powder, sugar, egg and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Beat in the sour cream, baking soda and salt until combined
- Mix in ½ C flour followed by ¼ C of beer and mix until combined
- Repeat until flour and beer is fully mixed in
- Pour batter into the bundt pan and cover with foil
- Pour 1 C of water into the pot
- Place the bundt pan onto a trivet
- Lock and seal the lid
- Press the manual high pressure button and set the timer for 35 minutes
- Once timer goes off, vent the steam
- Once pressure is gone, remove the lid
- Place the bundt pan onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Once cooled, remove cake from bundt pan and place onto a wire rack over cookie sheet
Guinness Glaze Directions:
- Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together until combined
- Pour the glaze over the bundt cake and allow to set
- Cut and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
I have even more tasty cake recipes that can be made in your instant pot. You are going to love these cakes just as much as this instant pot Guinness but cake recipe.
Instant pot applesauce cake – this case has everything that you could dream up. Juicy apples caramel topping and nuts.
Instant pot pumpkin cake – if you’ve been looking for a yummy fall recipe, be sure to try this pumpkin cake. The flavor is out of this world!
Instant pot Bailey’s cheesecake – I love incorporating alcoholic beverages into my desserts. I should be able to tell their absolutely mouth-watering delicious.
Triple chocolate instant pot cheesecake – I don’t think it’s possible to combine Cheesecake this more jacket it than this one. It’s a must-try!