Oven Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts are the perfect side dish for any holiday meal. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil, then slow-roasted until a deep golden brown. This easy side dish will convert even the biggest die-hard brussels sprouts hater. I use to hate brussels sprouts, well I used to think I hated brussels sprouts. It was really because I never tried them! 😉 Believe it or not I used to be a very picky eater, it wasn’t until I met my husband that I started to branch out and try new foods. Now there is nothing that I won’t try at least once.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Toss them in a large bowl with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally until deep golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with additional kosher salt if desired.
Source: adapted from Barefoot Contessa