Looking for an easy sauteed brussel sprouts recipe? This tasty crispy brussel sprouts is easy to make and makes a great side dish option no matter what you are serving for dinner.
Bacon Pecan Sauteed Brussel Sprouts Recipe
I hear from many people that they do not like brussel sprouts. I saw it is just because they haven’t had them cooked correctly. When brussel sprouts are mushy and flavorless, it is impossible to like them. However, when you make this crispy brussel sprouts recipe you will see just how tasty brussel sprouts can be.
What to Serve with Bacon Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are a great side dish. They are healthy and nutritious, and when made like this, they are tasty too. When making these brussels sprouts, just about any meal goes great with it. Consider some of these tasty meal ideas:
- Garlic Herb Potatoes and Steak Skillet – ou can’t find a more filling and hearty meal than this skillet garlic butter herb steak and potatoes recipe. Sometimes you just get a craving for some protein, and this dish fits the bill. Tender, juicy steak that you can cut with a butter knife and garlic herb potatoes can please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe – These are the ultimate garlic butter meatballs with zucchini noodles! With every bite of these low carb meatballs, you will be yearning for the next one! They are buttery, have the perfect amount of garlic, and have lots of protein to keep you full.
- Crock Pot Whole Roasted Chicken with Summer Vegetables – Delicious and easy, this crock pot whole roasted chicken is the dinner of your dreams! There won’t be any hours of slaving over the stove and prep is a snap! Plus, whole roasted chicken is moist, flavorful, and pleases my entire family.
- Instant Pot Roast – This Instant Pot roast is an easy all-in-one hearty Instant Pot meal, perfect for cool nights! So much quicker and easier than any roast you’ve made before! Plus, the Instant Pot pot roast is jam-packed with flavor, so it keeps your taste buds happy!
- Seared Ribeye Steak With Red Wine Pan Gravy – Seared ribeye steak with red wine pan gravy is a meal you won’t soon forget. Have you ever made steak in a skillet? If not, you are in for a real treat with this delicious pan seared ribeye steak.
- Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice – This garlic butter chicken with cheesy cauliflower rice is a flavorful, delicious, and easy meal the entire family will love. When you taste the garlic butter sauce for chicken, you will be hooked for life!
How to Store Crispy Brussel Sprouts
Once you have made this brussel sprouts recipe, you might have leftovers. If that is the case, wait for them to cool and then move them to an airtight container. This will keep the brussel sprouts good for several days. If you are ready to reheat the brussels sprouts, you can reheat them in the microwave, in a skillet or in the oven. If you are reheating in the microwave, they might look some of the crispiness that makes them taste so good.
How to Cook Fresh Brussel Sprouts
When you are preparing fresh brussel sprouts, you want to make sure you buy the correct ones. Choose brussel sprouts that are tightly compacted and hard when it is squeezed. Smaller sprouts tend to taste sweeter, which means you will want to get them earlier in the season. Later in the season as the sprouts grow larger, they will start to taste more like cabbage. Store the brussel sprouts in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them. They will stay fresh for about a week and a half.
Before you cook the sprouts, you will want to clean and trim the brussel sprouts. The stem is the toughest part of the brussel sprout. Cut through this area when preparing to cook the sprouts.
Once you have cleaned and cut the brussel sprouts, you are ready to make the sauteed brussel sprouts. When these brussel sprouts are prepared like this, they take on all of the flavors of the bacon and pecans and this becomes a recipe even fussier eaters will enjoy.
Ingredients in Bacon Pecan Sauteed Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- fresh brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- grated parmesan
How to Cook Bacon Pecan Sauteed Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Add olive oil to a deep skillet and heat over medium heat. Add chopped bacon, garlic, and salt and pepper.
Cook until bacon is cooked through. Meanwhile, boil brussels sprouts for 3-4 minutes.
Add brussels sprouts to pan and cook with the bacon for just a few minutes, until softened and seared slightly.
Top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 lb. fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- ½ lb. bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Add olive oil to a deep skillet and heat over medium heat. Add chopped bacon, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Cook until bacon is cooked through. Meanwhile, boil brussels sprouts for 3-4 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts to pan and cook with the bacon for just a few minutes, until softened and seared slightly.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Check these recipes for your next delight dinner:
Steak Bites with Garlic Butter – Can be served a complete meal or serve as steak bites appetizers.
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken – A homemade, healthier version of your favorite Chinese takeout dish
Seared Ribeye Steak With Red Wine Pan Gravy – This recipe for the Perfect Seared Ribeye Steak with Red Wine Pan Gravy will show you how to make the best ribeye steak you’ve ever had.