Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin. Honestly, as soon as it’s jacket weather I get so happy because I know it’s the season for pumpkin desserts.
I remember growing up, and for the holiday’s someone would always bring some fall cheesecake bars. I knew as an adult, I was going to have to try to replicate that easy pumpkin recipe. That is how the concept of pumpkin pie cheesecake bars was born. If you have never paired pumpkin and cheesecake, you have been missing out for way too long, so it’s time to change that. Once you sink your teeth into this yummy sweetness, you will be hooked.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Variations
Pumpkin desserts are super versatile and go with all kinds of ingredients. I wanted to share with you some variations that I have tried that have turned out awesome. Some of my go-to favorites are:
- Chocolate – Sprinkle in white, dark, milk, or semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips into the plain cheesecake layer. It gives an even more decadent flavor. So incredible!
- Caramel – I feel like it’s impossible to have too much caramel in your life, especially when you are pairing it with easy pumpkin recipes like this! Drizzle as much as you would like on top of the cooked bars. You are in for a real treat.
- Whipped Topping – Serve with a dollop of some whipped topping. It adds to the creaminess of these fall cheesecake bars and looks pretty too.
- Pecans – You have a couple of choices when it comes to pecans. Either mix them into the cheesecake or use them as a garnish and place on top. Either way, they taste lovely and enhance that fantastic fall flavor. I like to caramelize the pecans sometimes for a special treat.
Can I Make These Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars Into Mini Cheesecakes?
Yes, absolutely you can make these pumpkin pie cheesecake bars into mini cheesecakes. You can easily prepare the cheesecakes in ramekin bowls and get the same results as the bars. Just follow the directions as instructed, and you should have any problems. You can even serve them right out of the ramekin if you wish. Additionally, you could also use muffin tins too if you would rather. If you use a muffin tin, I recommend using cupcake liners so you can quickly and easily remove them.
How To Store These Fall Cheesecake Bars?
Due to the cream cheese, you should always refrigerate the pumpkin cheesecake bars. Store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh. Cheesecakes should never set out longer than two hours at a time, or they will start to go bad and not be safe to eat. If you are having a party or event, you can always place the fall cheesecake bars inside of a container filled with ice. That will allow them to stay cold while being easily accessible to the guests.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars?
Yes, this is one more thing to love about easy pumpkin recipes! Most of them can be frozen and served later. I find that I get way better results with these baked cheesecake bars when they are wrapped up individually. Cut the bars and remove them from the pan and use small pieces of plastic wrap to cover them completely. Then take the individual servings and place them in a large freezer bag. You could also store them in an airtight container too.
If you prefer to freeze them as a whole instead of cut into pieces that’s fine. When you are ready to serve, place them in the refrigerator overnight until they have thawed.
When Should I Serve Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars?
You can serve these yummy bars for any event that you want! I love to make them as an after-dinner dessert, but I also take them to all sorts of gatherings and events. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Family Reunions
- Ladies Nights
- Birthday Parties
- Church Events
- Dinner Parties
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Not only is this one of my go-to easy pumpkin recipes because they taste amazing, but they are also so simple to throw together. I love making desserts that taste like a million bucks but don’t take much effort from me to make. This one is perfect for that!
First Step: Start out by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. This helps you easily remove the bars from the baking dish when you are ready to serve.
Second Step: Combine graham cracker crumbs, white sugar, brown sugar, and butter into a medium bowl. Mix the ingredients well until it becomes a thick dough ball.
Third Step: You will need to press the crust into the bottom of the baking pan, so it’s even.
Fourth Step: Add the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl.
Fifth Step: Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the cream cheese mixture until it’s smooth and creamy.
Sixth Step: Carefully add one egg at a time and beat. Make sure they are combined well into the mix.
Seventh Step: Place 1 1/2 cups of filling mixture into the baking dish on top of the crust.
Eighth Step: Take the leftover cheesecake mixture and mix in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
Ninth Step: Pour the pumpkin cheesecake layer on top of the plain layer of cheesecake. Try not to mix the two layers.
Tenth Step: Add the brown sugar, white flour, oats, and cinnamon into a medium mixing bowl.
Eleventh Step: Add in the butter and vanilla and mix together until well combined.
Twelfth Step: Sprinkle this streusel topping evenly over the pumpkin cheesecake layer.
Thirteenth Step: Put the pumpkin pie cheesecake bars into the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes until the cheesecake has set.
Fourteenth Step: After the cheesecake bars are finished baking allow them to cool for one hour. Then you need to chill them in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Fifteenth Step: Cut the into bars evenly and serve.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 and 1/2 C cinnamon graham cracker crumbs, about 2 packages
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 2 - 8 oz pkgs, cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 C quick cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Press evenly into the bottom of the baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat with hand mixers until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat until each is combined.
- Remove 1 and 1/2 cups of this mixture and pour on top of the crust.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining cheesecake mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Careful not to combine the two layers, pour the pumpkin layer on top of the plain cheesecake layer.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, white flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- Add in the butter and vanilla and mix together until well combined.
- Sprinkle this streusel topping evenly over the pumpkin cheesecake layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the cheesecake has set.
- Allow to cool for about an hour and then place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Even More Fall Desserts
- Brown Sugar Pecan Rolls Bread, is sweet, sticky and oh so yummy! Whether you eat them for breakfast, brunch or dessert they’re a tasty treat everyone will want more of.
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts, They are so tasty and much easier to make than you may think! No frying required! Pumpkin donuts are easy to make for breakfast!
- Pumpkin Bread with maple icing, The cool, crisp air, the gorgeous trees, and all things PUMPKIN!