These Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Granola Bars make a great portable snack or breakfast on the go. I know what you are thinking, “why in the world is she making pumpkin treats at the end of January?” Well in my world, I do not just have pumpkin treats in the fall! I love pumpkin so much they are a year round treat for me! 🙂
Today my husband and I are going on a winter hike at Turkey Run State Park here in Indiana. So last night I decided to make these scrumptious granola bars to take along with us.
Making granola bars is super easy and so much better than the prepackaged bars. My husband and I are constantly on the go, so these granola bars are a fast, portable, and healthy snack!
- 3 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over oats and stir well, until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan. Using a small piece of parchment paper, press mixture evenly into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve.