Looking for the best Peach Coffee Cake recipe? This coffee crumb cake is perfect when looking for fresh peach recipes. This Fresh Peach Coffee Cake is a dessert all your friends and family will be asking you to make again and again this summer!
I think summer tends to lend itself to healthier eating because salads are in and all the winter food cravings are gone. I find myself spending so much less time in the kitchen this time of year, partly because the kids are home all day every day, partly because it’s just too darn nice outside to be inside cooking, and partly because it’s too hot to have the stove running. But, that said, I’ve been making one exception lately – dessert.
When summer is in full swing, so is all the fresh fruit and vegetables and with those fresh fruits comes juicy peaches. I love desserts made with fresh fruit because they’re sweet but don’t feel nearly as sinful as other desserts, like some rich decadent brownies, for example. Peaches are one of my favorite summer fruits because there’s just so many desserts you can make with them. This Peach Coffee Cake is my latest fresh peach recipes and I must say it was 100% worth a little bit of time inside and having the oven on. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever made a peach dessert that was such a hit. All of the adults had a second helping and when the kids finally came inside, they fell in love too.
More Fresh Peach Recipes
While many fresh peach recipes can be made with canned or frozen peaches as well, I just love the taste of fresh peaches. Many times, I will swap fresh peaches when I have fresh peaches available. These are some of my favorite peach recipes.
- Peach Cupcakes
- Best Peach Cobbler Recipe in Cast Iron Skillet
- Peach Cobbler Cheesecake Recipe
- Peach Lemonade
- Peach Pie Recipe
What to Serve with the Best Coffee Cake Recipe
This is the best coffee cake recipe I have ever had. As a bonus of this Peach Coffee Cake? You could even pass it off as an indulgent breakfast to enjoy with your morning cup of coffee! It does have fruit in it, after all! But if you are wondering what you should serve with the best coffee cake recipe, you might want to consider what you could serve for dinner before serving dessert.
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak
- Garlic Herb Potatoes and Steak Skillet
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Want other Coffee Crumb Cake Recipes?
While this Fresh Peach Coffee Cake recipe is simply amazing, you might want to make other flavors of coffee cake. In that case, you will love these coffee cake recipes:
How to Store Simple Coffee Cake
When you make the simple coffee cake, you might have leftovers. You will want to store the leftover simple coffee cake on the counter at room temperature. You do not want to store the coffee cake in the refrigerator. When cake is stored in the refrigerator, it dries out faster and will taste stale. In addition to storing the coffee cake at room temperature, you also want to make sure the cake is wrapped well. Using with an air tight container or plastic wrap, make sure to protect the cake from air in order to keep it from being exposed and going stale.
How Long Does Fresh Peach Coffee Cake Recipe Last
Whenever you make dessert from scratch instead of buying a store-bought, prepackaged dessert, it does not last as long. When you make peach coffee cake from scratch with this easy recipe, you will not have the preservatives like prepackaged. This simple coffee cake will last about 4 days when it is stored properly.
Whether you are making this fresh peach coffee cake for a decadent breakfast treat or as a delicious dessert, this simple coffee cake is the best coffee cake recipe you will ever need.
Ingredients in Fresh Peach Coffee Cake Recipe
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- whole milk
- light brown sugar
- fat-free sour cream
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
How to Make Fresh Peach Coffee Cake Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a springform pan and set aside
In a standing mixer, cream together the milk, brown sugar, sour cream, sweet cream butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth and combined
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon
Gradually mix in the flour mixture until combined
Mix in the chopped peaches
Scoop batter into the prepared springform pan and set aside
In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumb topping.
Using your fingers or fork, mix the mixture until it is combined and crumbly
Sprinkle the entire crumb topping mixture onto the batter
Bake in the oven for 55 minutes
During the last 5 minutes of baking, make the cinnamon glaze
Once done baking, remove from oven and drizzle the sauce over the cake
Allow to cool before enjoying!
- 2 C flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C whole milk
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 C chopped peaches
Crumb topping ingredients:
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 2/3 C flour
- 3/4 C (6 tbsp) unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
Cinnamon Glaze ingredients:
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp whole milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a springform pan and set aside
- In a standing mixer, cream together the milk, brown sugar, sour cream, sweet cream butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth and combined
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture until combined
- Mix in the chopped peaches
- Scoop batter into the prepared springform pan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumb topped.
- Using your fingers or fork, mix the mixture until it is combined and crumbly
- Sprinkle the entire crumb topping mixture onto the batter
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, make the cinnamon glaze
- Once done baking, remove from oven and drizzle the sauce over the cake
- Allow to cool before enjoying!