Start your day with this Simple Scone Recipe With Peanut Butter Chips, and you are bound to have a good day. They are soft, tender, and positively delicious. Whether you are looking for something that is great for a brunch or breakfast, this recipe should be at the top of your list. It’s a breeze to make, and the peanut butter glaze is mindblowing good.
Simple Scone Recipe with Peanut Butter Chips
These peanut butter chip scones were one of the recipes that have been on the top of my “must bake” list for about two weeks. I can’t believe I waited that long to make them-they are amazing! Moist, tender, loaded with peanut butter chips and dripping with an incredible peanut butter glaze. Served warm, straight out of the oven with a big cup of joe for a breakfast that is sure to put a smile on your face!
Can I Add Chocolate and Make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones?
Yes, absolutely! Adding chocolate is a terrific way to make them even more incredible. Melt some chocolate and drizzle on top or mix in a few chocolate chips into the batter. Either way, the flavor of the chocolate with the peanut butter is perfection. Sometimes we will add in chocolate just to add some color and flavor to the scones. Try it and see what you like. Semi-sweet, milk chocolate and white chocolate are all really good, and the hard part is deciding which one I feel like adding in.
How do You Make Scones Not Dry?
It’s vital when you are making these simple scones that you don’t overmix the batter. If you do overmix the batter you will find that they become dry and even on the tough side. It’s not too appealing, and they are much better when you don’t overmix the batter. It’s equally important to follow the directions closely. Many times it’s common for people to guess on the amount of ingredients you use, but with these scones, that’s not a good idea. They need to be measured out perfectly to get the best results every time.
Why Didn’t My Scones Rise?
It can be frustrating when you are baking something and don’t get the results you want. When it comes to these scones, there are a couple of things that could have affected how high they had risen. First, it’s vital to always use fresh ingredients. If your baking powder is out of date, this can greatly affect the way the scones turn out. Another thing to keep in mind is the amount of flour that you add. Too much flour can keep them from rising enough. It’s important when you flour the surface you only do a light dusting because otherwise, you will end up with too much flour in the scones.
There are just a few ingredients you need for this recipe. They are easy and delicious when combined together!
For the Scones:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Heavy cream
- Peanut butter baking chips
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- Powdered sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
How to Make a Simple Scone Recipe with Peanut Butter Chips
These scones are terrific and really easy to make. There aren’t a lot of steps to follow. Take a look so you can make your own.
First Step: Warm up the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking pan with a piece of parchment paper.
Second Step: In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use the metal blade and process the ingredients for six pulses.
Third Step: Take the cover off of the food processor and add in the butter evenly over the dry ingredients. Put the lid back on and process with twelve 1-second pulses. Then put the dough into a large bowl.
Fourth Step: Add heavy cream to the flour mixture. If needed, add up to an additional two tablespoons until it’s moistened. Fold in the peanut butter chips then knead the dough by hand at least 6 to 8 times. Make sure not to overmix the dough, or it will end up tough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Then divide the dough in half. Lightly flour your hands and press the half of the dough into a 7-inch round circle. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter and cut it into 6 wedges. Repeat with the other dough ball.
Fifth Step: Add the wedges to a prepared baking pan. Then cook in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until the scones have a light brown color. Transfer the scones to a wire rack and let them cool for 10 minutes before drizzling on the glaze.
Sixth Step: While the peanut butter scones are cooling, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk until they are smooth and creamy. Drizzle over the scones and serve.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Start your day with this Simple Scone Recipe With Peanut Butter Chips, and you are bound to have a good day. They are soft, tender, and positively delicious.
For the Scones:
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus 1-4 tablespoons
- 2 cups peanut butter baking chips
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process with six 1-second pulses.
- Remove cover of food processor and sprinkle the butter evenly over the dry ingredients. Cover and process with 12 1-second pulses. Transfer contents to a large bowl.
- Stir heavy cream into the flour mixture, adding up to 2 additional tablespoons of heavy cream just until moistened. Fold in peanut butter chips and knead the dough by hand 6 to 8 times (do not overprocess or scones will be tough) then turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands press each half of dough into a 7-inch round. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 6 wedges. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place wedges on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until tops of scones are a lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before glazing.
- While the scones are cooling, make peanut butter glaze. In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle glaze over scones and serve.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
If you love these peanut butter chip scones, you are going to want to devour these incredible recipes too. Take a look:
- Pumpkin Scones – If you love pumpkin, you really need to try these terrific pumpkin scones. They are so easy and taste awesome.
- Simple Fresh Cranberry Scones – You can’t go wrong with these awesome scones. They are so bright, vibrant, and full of flavor.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Scones – The combination of chocolate and raspberries is excellent with this scone recipe.
- Fresh Strawberry Scones – These strawberry scones are lovely for breakfast or brunch.