You deserve to indulge in this irresistible Cheesecake Brownie Recipe every once in a while. These aren’t your ordinary cheesecake swirl brownies; they have a special ingredient! SNICKERS! Yes, these Snickers brownies are one of the best things you will ever try. I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic, and you will often find me in the kitchen, making an incredible chocolate dessert.
I can’t help it; the flavor of rich, decadent chocolate makes my heart go pitter-patter.
Snickers Swirl Cheesecake Brownie Recipe
When the first bite of the marble cheesecake brownies hits your tongue, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. It takes everything I have not to moan with excitement because they are seriously that sinfully delicious.
Cheesecake Brownie Recipe Ingredients
Imagine how amazing the combination of cheesecake, Snickers, and brownies are together. It’s one of the best flavors I have ever tasted before. Time for you to get busy making your own batch of these easy cheesecake brownies.
For the Brownies
- Unbleached all-purpose flour – Don’t use cake flour or self-rising flour when baking these Snickers brownies, or they will be too fluffy.
- Baking powder – This is a great leavening agent for these cheesecake brownies from scratch.
- Salt – Just a sprinkle!
- Bittersweet chocolate – These brownies have three kinds of chocolate plus Snickers bars. Using bittersweet will keep the flavor rich.
- Semisweet chocolate – Adding a little bit of semisweet chocolate chips will make the homemade brownies the right amount of sweetness.
- Unsweetened chocolate – This cheesecake brownie recipe is dark and incredible, and adding some unsweetened chocolate takes it to the next level.
- Butter – These brownies are so amazing with real unsalted butter.
- Sugar – Cheesecake brownies need a little bit of sugar to keep them the flavor and texture we all crave.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla makes this brownie recipe even better.
- Eggs – The eggs can be cold or room temperature.
- Fun size snickers candy bars – Chop the candy bars up, and some will go in the brownies, and some will go on top.
For the Cream Cheese Layer
- Cream cheese – Using cream cheese that’s room temperature is so much easier to work with.
- Sugar – These cream cheese layer is so good; I almost want to eat it with a spoon.
- Vanilla extract – A little more vanilla to enhance the flavors.
- Egg yolk – The egg is used to help hold the cheesecake batter together.
How To Make Snickers Brownies
After you learn how to make cheesecake swirl brownies, you can take them to all your parties and events. There is never a crumb leftover because they get devoured right away. Plus, everyone is going to be wondering what the recipe is too! Take a look at the directions to make some of these Snickers brownies.
First Step: Heat your oven to 325 degrees F. Next, butter the bottom and sides of a metal baking pan that’s 8×8 inches. Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and allow it to have some overhang on the sides and ends. Add another piece of parchment paper, perpendicular to the previously placed parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper.
Second Step: In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
Third Step: Place a large bowl over some simmering water. Stir in the three types of chocolate and butter until it’s melted and smooth. After it’s melted, remove the bowl from the heat and add in the sugar and vanilla and give it a stir with a whisk. Combine the 3 eggs and continue whisking until they are combined.
Fourth Step: Add the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Carefully fold in the flour mixture with the chocolate using a spatula until it’s combined. You may notice a little bit of the flour mixture is still visible, and that’s okay.
Fifth Step: Put half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan with a spatula. Make sure it’s smooth and gets in the corners. Add in half of the chopped mini Snickers bars.
Sixth Step: Prepare the cream cheese layer by beating the cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and the egg yolk together. It should be creamy and even consistency.
Seventh Step: Add the cream cheese layer by adding 8 dollops on top of the brownie batter. Then add in any remaining batter and cheesecake layer to the pan. Use a spoon or knife to drag and swirl the cheesecake filling.
Eighth Step: Bake the brownies until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out mostly clean. This takes around 50-60 minutes. When you have around 5 minutes left of baking, add the remaining Snickers bar on top. After they are done, cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then use the parchment paper to remove the brownies from the pan. Place the baked brownies on the wire rack and let them cool until they are room temperature, then refrigerate for 3 hours.
Can I Use Different Candy Bars?
Yes, absolutely, you can use different candy bars to make these marble cheesecake brownies if you want. Hershey bars, Heath, Butterfinger, and just about anything else that has chocolate would be amazing with these. You could even use a Hershey Cookies And Cream bar as a nice surprise. Use this easy brownie recipe as a base and then add in extras as you see fit.
How Do You Store Marble Cheesecake Brownies?
It’s best to store the cheesecake brownies in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They will last a day or two on the counter, but honestly, they aren’t as good when they are at room temperature. The cheesecake really needs to be kept cold to be at it’s prime.
You can also keep the marble cheesecake brownies in the freezer too. They will last 1-2 months in the freezer, so they are great for a last-minute snack. Sometimes I make a double or even triple batch, so I have them around whenever a craving strikes.
Now, let’s save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
For the Brownies:
- 2/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 10 fun size snickers candy bars, chopped and divided
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8×8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Place another piece of parchment paper in the same manner, perpendicular to the first sheet. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl set over simmering water, stir together chocolate and butter until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and vanilla until combined. Add 3 eggs and whisk until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a spatula, fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just combined. (a bit of the flour mixture should still be visible).
- Transfer half of the batter to prepared pan; using spatula, spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface. Sprinkle with half of the chopped Snickers.
- For the Cream Cheese Layer: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and egg yolk until of even consistency.
- Distribute the cream cheese mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan. Repeat with remaining batter and cream cheese mixture. Use a knife or spoon handle to gently swirl the batter and cream cheese filling.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining chopped Snickers. Bake until toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with few moist crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes then remove brownies from pan by lifting parchment overhang. Place brownies on wire rack; allow them to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
More Incredible Dessert Recipes:
If you love this cheesecake brownie recipe as much as I think you will, I know you will enjoy these indulgent desserts. Try them all!
Sweet Breakfast Bake With Chocolate Croissants – I know that this is technically a breakfast and not a dessert, but it tastes so rich and irresistible it should be a dessert!
Mocha Chocolate Caramel Cookie – Oh, the two most amazing flavors in one recipe! Chocolate and caramel are a dream together.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Chocolate Lasanga – This amazing dessert has cookie dough and cheesecake together. What could be better than that?
- German Chocolate Cake Balls – All the great things about German chocolate but in an easy to hold cake ball! Win-Win!