Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Want a special treat for breakfast? Wait until you try this Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants. This is better than any store bought pastry you could buy.
Sometimes we love to get the pastries that are sold at the bakery or the grocery store. However, while they are good, they are not as good as anything homemade. With this recipe for Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants, we can have this breakfast bake pastry at home whenever the craving hits.
This recipe is a great way to use leftover croissants or when you have eggs to use. It is great when you are planning a special breakfast or when you are planning to create a brunch. No matter what reason you decide to make this recipe, it is going to be loved by everyone who takes a bite.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
How to Store a Sweet Breakfast Casserole
This is a deliciously sweet breakfast casserole and you might find that you never have leftovers that you have to worry about storing. That is usually the case when I make this. However, sometimes, I find that we have a bit left. If you have sweet breakfast casserole that you need to save for another day, you should store it in the refrigerator. When it comes to the eggs and cream cheese in this casserole, you do not want to leave it out at room temperature more than an hour or two tops. I recommend wrapping this casserole tightly in plastic wrap if you are storing it in the casserole dish or if you are taking it out of the dish, make sure to store it in an airtight container.
How to Reheat Croissant Breakfast Casserole
When you want to reheat this croissant breakfast casserole, you can either reheat the entire amount of leftovers in the oven, right in the casserole dish or you can take an individual serving and reheat it in the microwave. If you are reheating in the oven, you only need to heat it long enough for the casserole to be warmed through,
Want Other Sweet Treats Recipes?
While this is a deliciously sweet breakfast bake, it also makes an incredible dessert. If you are looking for more amazing sweet treats, try some of these.
- Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Brown Sugar Pecan Rolls Bread
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
Variations to Baked French Toast Casserole
This Baked French Toast Casserole is so good just the way it. but one of the best things about any casserole is being able to change the recipe around to create a new taste or to make it even better with a flavor that your family or guests will love. Want to use this Baked French Toast Casserole and give it a twist? Try these ideas:
- Add Peanut Butter Chips– Using peanut butter chips gives another layer of richness.
- Use Strawberry Cream Cheese
- Add Nutella – Make this Baked Fench Toast Casserole even richer by adding spoonfuls of Nutella or other flavored spreads like that to the casserole.
How to Store this Breakfast Bake
When you store this recipe, you can store it in an airtight container. If you are storing it in the casserole dish that you baked it in, just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic. To have this recipe stay its freshest, store it in the refrigerator. To make this recipe warm and creamy, heat it in the microwave or oven until it is heated.
Ingredients in Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants
- Pre-baked Mini croissants
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
- Whole milk
- Evaporated milk
- Brown sugar
How to Make Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants
Tear the croissants into bite-sized pieces.
Layer half of the croissant pieces into the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Pour half of a bag of mini chocolate chips evenly over the top of the croissant pieces.
Cut 4 ounces of cream cheese into 12 cubes. Layer the cubes of cream cheese in rows on top of the croissant pieces in the baking dish.
Top the cream cheese with another layer of bite-sized pieces of croissants, and the remaining half of a bag of mini chocolate chips.
In a mixing bowl, crack and whisk together 8 large eggs. Add 1 ½ cups of whole milk to the mixing bowl with the eggs.
Pour in ½ cup of canned evaporated milk.
Sprinkle in ½ cup of brown sugar.
Add in ¼ of a teaspoon of salt.
Pour in 2 tablespoons of vanilla.
Stir all of the ingredients together in the bowl, and pour evenly over top of the croissant mixture in the baking dish. Cover and refrigerate the casserole overnight.
Remove the baking dish from the fridge in the morning, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants
- 12 + Pre-baked Mini croissants
- 1 bag Mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 ½ c. Whole milk½ c. Evaporated milk
- 8 Large eggs
- ½ c. Brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Tear the croissants into bite sized pieces.
- Layer half of the croissant pieces into the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour half of a bag of mini chocolate chips evenly over the top of the croissant pieces.
- Cut 4 ounces of cream cheese into 12 cubes. Layer the cubes of cream cheese in rows on top of the croissant pieces in the baking dish.
- Top the cream cheese with another layer of bite sized pieces of croissants, and the remaining half of a bag of mini chocolate chips.
- In a mixing bowl, crack and whisk together 8 large eggs.
- Add 1 ½ cups of whole milk to the mixing bowl with the eggs.
- Pour in ½ cup of canned evaporated milk.
- Sprinkle in ½ cup of brown sugar.
- Add in ¼ of a teaspoon of salt.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of vanilla.
- Stir all of the ingredients together in the bowl, and pour evenly over top of the croissant mixture in the baking dish. Cover and refrigerate the casserole overnight.
- Remove the baking dish from the fridge in the morning, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Make sure you check my best recipes below:
Best Easy Red Velvet Poke Cake – One bite of this red velvet poke cake and you will see how delectable and irresistible this cake is. This poke cake is filled with sweetened condensed milk and then it is topped with a creamy cream cheese icing. This is one of the best poke cakes you will ever try. You will watch this cake disappear.
Best Easy Red Velvet Whoopie Pies – Your sweet tooth is calling for these red velvet whoopie pies. With delicious cake-like cookies and a cream cheese filling, these whoopie pies are perfect for any occasion.
Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting – Looking for a red velvet brownies recipe? Make these homemade red velvet brownies with delicious white chocolate buttercream frosting. Rich, chewy chocolate fudge brownies with an amazing taste.
Red Velvet Ice Cream -Looking for the best Red Velvet Ice Cream Recipe? This ice cream is full of red velvet flavor with actual pieces of red velvet cake and cream cheese icing thorough out. Rich and creamy, you are going to love this homemade ice cream.