Airfryer Chicken Roll Ups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
With only 5 ingredients, these Airfryer Chicken Roll Ups Recipe are a delicious air fryer appetizer or air fryer snack that everyone will enjoy. Serve with a dipping sauce to cool the heat or add extra chile to spice it up even more.
These Airfryer Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe are an example of an easy air fryer appetizer that’s way healthier than the deep-fried counterpart.
Using traditional frying methods, these spicy chicken roll-ups would be completely soaked with oil but with an air fryer, you still get the crisp outside and melty cheese inside without feeling like you’re biting into a big gob of oil.
If you’ve been living under a rock for the last year, an air fryer is the newest kitchen gadget fad. It uses convection heat to quickly cook foods with no oil or significantly less oil than you’d use with conventional frying methods. The theory is that it cooks faster than using your oven and is healthier than deep-frying because you use less oil while still getting the crispy outside.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Variations to Chicken Eggrolls
These are very simple chicken eggrolls, which makes it even easier to change the recipe around to create something new. Here are a few ideas:
- Cheese: These use a mozzarella cheese stick but you can change it to a pepper jack or cheddar cheese or any other cheese that you can get in a stick or chunk.
- Leftover Meat: While this recipe calls for rotisserie chicken, you can easily change it to leftover taco meat, pork, or steak. You can use almost any meat in this recipe. Another idea is bacon. Either use only bacon or add it to the selection of meat.
- No tortillas? Try egg roll wrappers. While tortillas are less expensive, if you don’t have them you can use egg roll wrappers or even wonton wrappers.
Don’t have an Airfryer? I highly recommend getting one, like this Airfryer. You can make this recipe in the oven, but they will not be as crispy as it is in the Air Fryer. Of course, you could fry them traditionally in oil, but that creates an oily mess that makes these an unhealthy snack.
What to Serve with Airfryer Chicken Roll Ups Recipe
These would make a great air fryer appetizer to make for the Super Bowl or any other sporting party but I also make them for my kids as a quick and easy air fryer snack after school. It’s so nice giving them something not soaked in grease and the chicken provides just enough protein to hold them until dinner, even if dinner is late due to whatever extracurricular activities they have going on that day. Pair this appetizer (or dinner idea) with these other party foods or snack ideas.
- Buffalo Shrimp Recipe
- Ham And Cheese Pinwheels
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Tomato and Watermelon Salad
How to Store Stuffed Chicken Roll
If you have extras of these stuffed chicken rolls you can store them in the refrigerator for several days. When you are ready to reheat them to it, you do not want to heat them in the microwave. This will make them soggy. You want to heat them in the oven or a skillet. A few minutes in the oven, or frying pan, will make these chicken rolls crip up just like they came out of the air fryer.
How Long Does this Chicken Roll Up Recipe Last
When you make this chicken roll up recipe, you might want to make extras to keep on hand for an easy and fast snack or meal. You can store them in the refrigerator for several days. Make a bunch of chicken roll ups to have on hand whenever the hunger hits. These are also great to have on hand when unexpected friends show up, ready to play and hungry.
Want to Send Chicken Roll Ups for School Lunch?
Make these in the morning and the kids can have them for lunch later in the day. If they don’t mind them at room temperature, you don’t have to do anything special except put them in a container in the lunch box. IF your kids prefer them warm, put them in a thermos for lunch. They will taste great come lunch time.
Ingredients in Airfryer Chicken Roll Ups Recipe
- rotisserie chicken
- diced green chiles
- mozzarella string cheese sticks
- flour tortillas
How To Make Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Roll Ups:
Step 1. Cut the tortilla into 4 equal pieces.
Step 2. Mix together chicken and green chiles. Spoon a small amount into the center of each tortilla piece.
Step 3. Cut mozzarella string in half and place one half in each tortilla piece.
Step 4. Make a mixture of flour and water. Coat each corner of the tortilla with mixture.
Step 5. Carefully fold in sides of tortilla and fold so that all edges are closed and none of the spicy chicken roll up filling is showing.
Step 6. Place chicken roll ups in the air fryer. Cook for 7 minutes. Serve this air fryer snack warm with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Airfryer Chicken Roll Ups
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. water
- 8 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut in half crossways
- 4 flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- Chopped cilantro, to top
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken and diced green chiles.
- Stir to combine.
- Set to the side.
- In a small bowl, add the flour and water, whisk to combine to create a paste.
- Lay your tortilla on a flat surface and scoop a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla.
- Place a string cheese half on top of the chicken.
- Take your flour paste and coat the edges of the tortilla.
- Fold the top and bottom corners over the filling, then roll the remaining pointed corner inward and over the filling, and continue to roll until completely covered, like a burrito.
- Set the roll up to the side.
- Place four roll ups at a time in your Air Fryer set to 380 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Serve the roll ups topped with chopped cilantro.
- Have salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for dipping.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂