Looking for a Blackberry Bramble Cocktail? This is an easy bramble cocktail that is a refreshing drink any day, whether it is an evening drink or late afternoon cocktail, this is a delicious take on a bramble drink.
Refreshing and Delicious Blackberry Bramble Cocktail
Whether you’re planning a romantic meal at home for Valentine’s Day or a full romantic weekend, make sure you have the perfect cocktail to start the evening off right. This blackberry-and-gin cocktail’s flirty pink color is perfect for Valentine’s Day! This fantastically fruity cocktail is perfect for almost any occasion. It’s simple to make and just as easy to drink!
Can Blackberry Bramble Cocktail be Made Ahead
If you are having a party and want to have this cocktail ready to drink, instead of making each drink one of at time, you can increase the recipe and make a pitcher of the cocktail ahead of time. As you are ready to serve it drink, add a bit of blackberry to each glass and pout the cocktail over it.
Can I use frozen blackberries for this bramble cocktail?
This is such a simple bramble cocktail that gives you a lot of options. You can use fresh blackberries or frozen blackberries. The benefit of using fresh blackberries is that you are able to use blackberries as a garnish. Frozen blackberries will not work well for a garnish.
Can I buy blackberry gin for this cocktail?
The flavors of this cocktail were designed for Bluecoat American Dry Gin. However, you can use a blackberry gin if this is something that you would like better. It will change the flavor of the bramble cocktail but not dramatically.
Do I need Simple Syrup
With many cocktails, you use simple syrup. This is to give the drink a sweet flavor that combats some of the harsher tastes that some liquors have. The simple syrup takes the place of some of the other types of drink mixes. This will give you cocktail a slight bit of sweetness that goes well with the blackberries and gin.
Can this be Made Into a Shot
If you wanted to make this cocktail into a shot, you would start by making a batch of the drink in a large pitcher. When making it into a shot, put a blackberry into each shot glass. Pour the mixed drink over the blackberry in the shot glass. Then the drink can be used as a shot with all of the same flavors.
Ingredients for blackberry bramble drink
- lemon juice
- Bluecoat American Dry Gin
- simple syrup (see recipe below)
- fresh lime juice
- Lillet® Blanc
How do I make a simple syrup for this blackberry gin recipe
Step 1. Making simple syrup is incredibly easy. There is no need to buy the premade stuff when it is this easy to make at home.
Step 2. Combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer until sugar is fully dissolved, stirring frequently.
Set aside to cool.
How to make a blackberry bramble cocktail
Step 1. Muddle 2 blackberries with lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
Step 2. Add gin, simple syrup, lime juice, Lillet Blanc, and a handful of ice.
Step 3. Shake 20 times and strain into a glass over ice.
Step 4. Garnish with remaining blackberries and lemon twist.
Serving this Cocktail for a Party
If you are serving this cocktail for a party, you can make Blackberry bramble ice cubes to put in the drink to prevent the drink from getting water downs. Make a pitcher or the drink and then pour it into an ice cube tray. Once frozen, as you are making the drinks, add these cocktail ice cubes to the drink instead of regular ice cubes. As the ice cube melt, you do not have to worry about the drink tasting watered down.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 4 blackberries
- 3/4 part fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 parts Bluecoat American Dry Gin
- 1 1/4 part simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- 1 part Lillet® Blanc
- Muddle 2 blackberries with lemon juice in cocktail shaker. Add gin, simple syrup, lime juice, Lillet Blanc and a handful of ice. Shake 20 times and strain into a glass over ice. Garnish with remaining blackberries and lemon twist. Serve immediately.
- For the Simple Syrup:
Combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer until sugar is fully dissolved, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
Source: Tommy Bahama
Want Recipes to serve at a party?
Since this cocktail is perfect for a picnic or get together, here are some of my favorite picnic recipes. These recipe are perfect for a crowd.
- Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe – Looking for a simple buffalo chicken bites recipe? This is a simple chicken nuggets recipe that has the has the perfect crunch as well as having a buffalo bit. This cornflake crusted chicken is much healthier than the fried counterpart.
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe – This is the best macaroni salad recipe ever! Every bite of this cold pasta salad is perfectly seasoned with dijon mustard and mayonnaise sauce. It’s a great side dish to serve with any dinner, potlucks, or barbecues.
- S’more Bites – S’mores Bites are perfect little bite of S’more but without the mess. Made with all the same ingredients, these will taste like a smore right from the campfire but are perfect for a get together or picnic.