Looking for a simple buffalo chicken bites recipe? This is a simple chicken nuggets recipe that has has the perfect crunch as well as having a buffalo bit. This cornflake crusted chicken is much healthier than the fried counterpart.
Easy and Delicious Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
These bite-sized Buffalo Chicken Bites are oven-baked, not fried, so not only do they taste great, but are so much healthier for you. These buffalo bites are super easy to make and can even be prepared beforehand if you are hosting a big tailgating party.
What is the best dipping sauce for these chicken bites?
With these delicious chicken bites, each bite has a buffalo sauce kick to it. While you can use anything as a dipping sauce, from ketchup, honey mustard or BBQ sauce, you can also use dipping sauces that are more commonly used with Buffalo Wings like ranch or blue cheese. These flavors go great with the heat of the buffalo sauce.
Can I use panko crumbs instead of corn flakes for this chicken nuggets recipe?
The cornflakes in this recipe is to give the biggest impact on the crunch. This these chicken nuggets are baked and not fried, alone they would not have the crunch that a fried chicken nugget gives. When trying to make that crunch stand out, the cornflakes are the best option. Cornflakes have a much bigger crunch than bread crumbs. However, if you do not have cornflakes or do not want to use them, you can use breadcrumbs. Panko bread crumbs provide better crispiness than regular bread crumbs.
What’s the best hot sauce for buffalo chicken?
When it comes to the hot sauce, the first thing I would recommend is to use your favorite. If you have a hot sauce you love to use and have on hand, this is usually the best choice. However, if you don’t have a favorite and want a suggestions I would say to use Frank’s hot sauce or a buffalo sauce. These will give a great flavor and provide an amazing flavor without being overpowering for this buffalo chicken.
Can These Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Bites be Made Ahead
These crunchy buffalo chicken bites are great to make ahead. There are several ways to make these ahead and have them ready for you.
First, make the buffalo chicken bites and store the leftovers in the refrigerator. These will keep for about 3 days. Simply take out the leftovers and reheat them when you are ready.
Secondly, you can make these buffalo chicken bites and put them in the freezer. The chicken bites will work like having packaged frozen chicken nuggets. When you are ready, you can bring out the chicken nuggets and reheat them.
Thirdly, you can prepare these chicken bites up to the point of baking. Put the coated chicken bites on a plate of baking sheet and put them in the freezer. Once frozen, you can put the chicken into freezer bags to bake later.
To reheat the chicken, no matter where it is from, you will want to heat it in the oven. This will give the best taste because the cornflakes will maintain their crunch. Reheating in the microwave, the nuggets will lose their crispiness.
What to Serve with Chicken Nuggets
These chicken nuggets are very versatile. You can serve many things with them. Here are a few of my favorite ideas.
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe – This fresh corn salad recipe is a great side dish. It has a fresh taste that is perfect any recipe. It is great to eat with this chicken.
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe – Macaroni salad is a family favorite and whenever I make it, it flies off the plates. It makes a great side dish for this chicken. It will give a party or picnic feel to the meal.
- Oven Roasted Turnips with Thyme and Parmesan – The chicken nuggets are healthier, so why eat a tradition french fry. Make oven roasted turnips in place of potato fries.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese While I originally made this a keto style meal, it doesn’t have to be. It is a great side dish for anyone who is trying to get more vegetables into a healthy dinner.
Ingredients for buffalo chicken bites
- Shredded Cooked Chicken
- Hot Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- All purpose flour
- Corn Flakes
How to make buffalo chicken bites
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Place flour in a shallow dish.
In a second shallow dish, place eggs.
In a third shallow dish, place corn flakes.
Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Pin these Buffalo Chicken Bites for later
Looking for a simple buffalo chicken bites recipe? This is a simple chicken nuggets recipe that has the has the perfect crunch as well as having a buffalo bit. This cornflake crusted chicken is much healthier than the fried counterpart.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce (to taste)
- 3 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish, place eggs.
- In a third shallow dish, place corn flakes.
- Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
10 bites equal 8 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chicken bites
Check our best chicken recipes:
One-Pot Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry – While easy teriyaki chicken is a basic recipe that involves veggies, rice, and chicken mixed with Teriyaki sauce, there are a few ways to change the recipe. You can try:
Parmesan Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe – If you love chicken stuffed peppers, this is the recipe for you. You will love the ease of this Parmesan Chicken Stuffed Peppers recipe and you will not believe how amazing they taste.
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Fries – Crispy oven fries topped with roasted chicken, freshly grated cheese, ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of chives.