This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Chicken Fajitas make such a healthy and quick meal. I was so excited, as I always am, when my food magazines came in the mail this month. I love looking through the magazines and tabbing the recipes that I just have to make right away. This recipe stood out the second I saw it in this months Cooking Light magazine. Mexican food is one of my favorite types of food and I already had a favorite chicken fajita recipe that I make often. But when I saw that it was made with Negra Modelo beer, I was super excited! Not only is this dark Mexican beer an amazing marinade ingredient, but it is the best beverage to serve with it too! Pair these together with mexican rice and guacamole and you will see what I mean! 😉
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 3/4 cup dark Mexican beer, Negra Modelo
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut across grain into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Reduced-fat sour cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a two cup measuring cup, combine beer, soy sauce, lime juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Add 3/4 cup beer mixture. Reserve remaining beer mixture. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- In a large resealable bag, combine onion, bell peppers, and remaining beer mixture. Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and black pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Remove onion and bell peppers from bag and discard marinade. Add onion mixture to pan and cook for 6 minutes or until tender, turning after 3 minutes. Toast tortillas in pan.
- Divide chicken and onion mixture evenly among tortillas. Garnish with jalapeño slices. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro, if desired.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!