This crave-worthy Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Tacos Recipe is sure to become one of your favorites. It’s super simple to make, and they are totally impressive. Crispy flour tortillas, graham crackers, cream cheese, and cherry pie filling give you an explosion of flavor in every bite of these cheesecake tacos.
Crave-Worthy Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Tacos Recipe
If you ever get bored of the same old boring desserts, you are in luck. This summer dessert has the most luscious easy no-bake cheesecake filling and is anything but boring. It’s one of my favorite cherry cheesecake recipes ever! We love to make this for family reunions, parties, barbecues, dinner parties, and so much more. These dessert tacos are seriously always a hit because no one can get enough of their fruit filling and cheesecake.
What are dessert tacos?
These cheesecake tacos are made with sweet ingredients but are shaped like a traditional taco. That’s where they get the name “dessert tacos.” They are a lovely dessert that has a no-bake cheesecake filling, cherries, and a flour tortilla shell.
Can you air fryer tortilla shells instead of frying?
Sure, you can spritz them with olive oil and cook them in the air fryer. They will turn out crispy and flavorful, just like if you fried them in oil. You will need to use something to fold the taco shell so you can add fillings when it’s done cooking. If you have a metal taco maker, you can use that if it fits in your air fryer. Or you can ball up aluminum foil and sandwich the tortilla shell around the foil. If you cook the shell flat, then you’ll have more like a dessert tostada instead.
How to store
Store any leftover dessert tacos in a sealed container with a lid in the fridge. Due to the cheesecake filling, they will need to be kept cold. They will last 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
Can I make these in advance?
Yes, you can make them in advance, but only by a day or two. If you make them too far in advance, the taco shells may end up a little bit soggy. So prepare the entire cheesecake dessert 1 or 2 days in advance and serve them cold. Enjoy!
Variations to recipe
Add in or swap for these ingredients to change the flavors. These are our favorite options.
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Lemon Zest
- Lime Zest
- Orange Zest
- Raspberry Pie Filling
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Cookies
- Candy Bars like Snickers, Heath Bars, Butterfinger, or M&M’s
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, of course! You can double, triple, or even quadruple the recipe so you can have as many as you need. Because you can make them a day or two in advance, it is helpful to save you time later.
Can You Freeze These No-Bake Cheesecake Tacos?
No, they do not freeze well and should only be eaten or refrigerated. If you freeze them, they will be hard to eat, and the taco shells will end up mushy and unappealing.
Can I swap out graham crackers?
Absolutely you can swap the graham crackers if you want. I like to use Gingersnaps, Oreos, Nutter Butter Cookies, Vanilla Wafers, and flavored graham crackers from time to time. They are all delicious and are fabulous options.
All you need is eight ingredients, and many of them can easily be swapped for other ingredients. I can’t wait for you to sink your teeth into these incredible dessert tacos.
- Small Tortillas
- Graham Crackers
- White Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Powdered Sugar
- Cherry Pie Filling
How To Make Dessert Tacos
They are so simple to make and are an amazingly quick and easy dessert. Everyone you make them for is bound to fall in love with them too. People of all ages can’t resist how wonderful they are.
Step 1. Place all of the graham crackers into the food processor. Then pulse it until the graham crackers are ground up, and look similar to sand.
Step 2. Pour in the granulated white sugar and mix well. Place the graham cracker mixture on a plate and set aside.
Step 3. Pour about 1 ½ inch of oil in a heavy skillet. Heat up the oil until it is bubbly and nice and hot.
Step 4. Using tongs, carefully lower the taco shells into the oil. Be sure to fold the tortilla in half and hold it into place with the tongs. You’ll need to form it into a folded taco shell.
Step 5. Cook the taco shell until it becomes golden brown.
Step 6. Once done, remove the tortilla shell and immediately roll in the graham cracker crumbs, so it coats the tortilla.
Step 7. Set the shell aside on a paper towel or baking sheet to drain.
Step 8. Repeat the process until all of the tortillas have been cooked.
Step 9. Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and the cool whip in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip until mixed well. Place the cheesecake mixture into a sealable bag or piping bag.
Step 10. Add the cream cheese mixture and fill the fried tortilla shells.
Step 11. Top with the cherry pie filling using a spoon.
Step 12. Place the cherry cheesecake tacos in the fridge for around 3 hours to help chill the cheesecake.
Step 13. Then serve these cheesecake tacos for a snack or dessert.
Now, remember to save this yummy cheesecake taco on Pinterest for later 🙂
- Small Tortillas
- (2) Sleeves of Graham Crackers
- 3 tablespoons of Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- (2) 8 oz. packages of Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. of Cool Whip
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Place your graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until the crackers are ground up, and are like sand.
- Add in the granulated sugar and mix well. Lay your graham cracker mixture on a plate and set aside.
- Now in a skillet, you will want about 1 ½ inch of oil. Heat it up until it is bubbly and nice and hot.
- You will now take tongs to lower into the oil. Fold your tortilla in half and hold it into place. You will want to form it into a folded taco shell.
- Cook until your tortilla becomes golden brown.
- Once done, remove and immediately roll in the graham cracker crumbs so it coats your tortilla.
- Set aside on a paper towel or baking sheet.
- Finish all your tortillas.
- Then in a bowl or stand mixer add in your cream cheese, powdered sugar and the cool whip. Whip until mixed. Add into a sealable bag or piping bag.
- Use the cream cheese mixture and fill your fried tortilla shells.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
- Now you will place in the fridge for around 3 hours to help chill the cheesecake.
- Then serve these cheesecake tacos for a snack or dessert.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Don’t miss out on these other delicious dessert recipes. They are amazing for all occasions and just what you have been looking for. Take a peek:
- Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies – These cookies are ooey gooey and absolutely everything I dream of. They are soft, delicious, and simple to make too.
- Best Peach Cobbler Crumble Bars – Soft, chewy, and insanely good. These crumble bars are one of our favorites, and we serve them often.
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars – The combination of blueberries and lemon are terrific together. Make this for potlucks or when you are craving something special.
- Decadent Oreo Cheesecake Bars – I drool when I think of biting into one of these cheesecake bars. They are sweet, creamy, and packed with Oreos too. Everyone goes wild for them.