Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Hello Sweetness! These Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies are oozing with chocolate and peanut butter. Peanut butter and chocolate lovers will rejoice when they relish in the flavor of these cookies. Simple to make and rich, beautiful treats for the entire family.
Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get ready to make peanut butter cookies to a whole new level by adding milk chocolate and peanut butter chips. Peanut butter and chocolate has always been my favorite of all flavor combinations, so I knew these cookies wouldn’t disappoint. These babies are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, just the way a perfect cookie should be. Lately, I have been craving peanut butter like nobody’s business, and instead of spooning right out of the jar, I figured I would make some cookies that I have had my eye on for a while. I am really kicking myself for not making these earlier; they are “hide them from the family” good! I used smooth peanut butter for these cookies, but crunchy peanut butter will work just as well. Do yourself a favor and whip up a batch of these, I promise they won’t last long!
The texture of these moist cookies makes me want to nosh on them all day! I have to limit myself, or I will eat the entire batch, no kidding. If you are craving sweets, these are such a satisfying dessert to make. I recommend making a double batch the first time because they are so yummy it’s hard to control yourself.
Can I Use Dark Chocolate Instead of Milk Chocolate?
Of course, you can swap the milk chocolate for dark chocolate if you want to. Just use the same amount of your favorite dark chocolate, and you will be all set. These cookies are really sweet, so adding dark or semi-sweet chocolate will tone back the sweetness a little bit.
Can These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes! Making these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies ahead of time is a fabulous way to save yourself time later. If we are making treats for a community event or are planning on having guests over for the holidays, sometimes we run short on time the day of. Being able to prepare and bake the cookies ahead of time is perfect.
Keep the freshly baked cookies in a plastic or glass container. It should be airtight and kept clear of heat or steam. They will last up to 5 days on the counter.
You can also freeze the baked cookies too. Let them cool all the way down and flash freeze them. Then place the cookies in the freezer in a container for up to 3 months. Pretty much any time you come to my house, you will find that I have several kinds of cookies in the freezer. I do this because we have people over at the last minute sometimes, or for when we head to a friend’s house and want to take a dessert, and I don’t have the time to bake them fresh. They taste just as great frozen as they do freshly baked too.
Cookies are always fun to make and even more fun to eat too! Thankfully, these double peanut butter and milk chocolate chip cookies are super simple to make so I can have them anytime I want them. Once you try this recipe, I am confident you will be feeling the same way I do about them.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter softened
- Peanut butter, smooth or chunky (I used smooth)
- White granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- Firmly packed light brown sugar
- Large egg, at room temperature
- Pure vanilla extract
- Peanut butter chips
- Milk chocolate chips
How to Make Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
There isn’t a ton of work needed to make these cookies. That’s one of the things I love about them. They are delightful, and we often make them for all sorts of occasions.
First Step: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add parchment paper to two baking sheets and set aside.
Second Step: Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and the salt in a large bowl and set aside.
Third Step: Using the paddle attachment in a mixing bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until they are light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Next, pour in the 3/4 cup sugar and brown sugar and continue to beat until smooth for about 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and combine well. Pour in the milk and the pure vanilla extract. Sprinkle in the flour mixture and beat until well combined. Mix in the peanut butter and milk chocolate chips.
Fourth Step: Place the remaining tablespoon of white sugar into a shallow bowl. Then roll a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into a 1½-inch ball, roll the ball in the sugar and place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Continue to repeat the process with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart. Use a fork to lightly indent with a criss-cross pattern, but do not flatten the cookies.
Fifth Step: Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. It’s important not to overtake, or they will be dry and not as good. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not. Cool cookies for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Double Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky (I used smooth)
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and the salt; Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Place remaining tablespoon of sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball, roll the ball in the sugar and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, lightly indent with a criss-cross pattern, but do not overly flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not. Cool cookies for 1 minute on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
If you love these double peanut butter cookies then you should try some of these cookie recipes too:
- Almond Joy Cookies – Rich and full of coconut flavor, these Almond Joy cookies are something you won’t soon forget. They taste incredible.
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies – There are so many things to love about these beautiful cookies. You have to try them for yourself to see everything they have to offer.
- Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies – These lovely treats are intense and give you so much chocolate and peanut butter!
- Raspberry Chocolate Cookies – If you are a fan of raspberries and chocolate together, be sure to check these out. Yum!