Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Want an easy key lime pie recipe that you can make at home? Wait until you try this one. This sweetened condensed milk pie is perfect for the sweet and sour taste of key lime pie.
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
I love key lime pie. It is a unique flavor to me. I love the sour and the sweet and the creamy. It is just a fantastic pie. I used to order it often when we were out but then I decided that I wanted to make it at home. This is Key Lime Pie with condensed milk and you will not believe how fast this pie comes together.
How to Make Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
I am often surprised by the amount of money they charge for a premade graham cracker crust. The pie crust normally costs more than it would cost to make 4 pies. With graham cracker, butter and sugar, you can have the perfect homemade graham cracker crust. No need to run to the store and you can control exactly what is in it. Simply crush the crackers, add the sugar and press it together with butter. Bake the pie crust while putting together the pie filling.
Mini Key Lime Pies
While this key lime pie recipe is made to be served as a whole pie, it can easily be changed to mini key lime pies. Whether you decide to make mini homemade graham cracker crusts or decide to buy them, these pies are so easy to make. Simply use the same recipe and add the pie filling into the mini shells. Baking time will be slightly different since the size of the pies are different. Check them closely for doneness.
How to Store Sweetened Condensed Milk Pie
When you make this sweetened condensed milk pie, you will want to make sure to store it in the refrigerator. This pie needs to be refrigerated in order to keep it from spoiling. Before putting the pie in the refrigerated, be sure to cover the pie well to protect it from the air and moisture.
How Long Does Key Lime Pie with Condensed Milk Last
When you make this key lime pie with condensed milk it will last 3 days when stored properly. It is important to keep it in the refrigerator and covered well to prevent it from spoiling sooner.
Where to Buy Key Limes
Key limes are usually located in the produce section of the supermarket. While key limes do not grow everywhere, you can usually find them in stores and online. There is also key lime juice concentrate although it isn’t as good as fresh squeezed.
Are Key Limes and Limes the Same
Key Limes are tarter and more aromatic than regular limes. Also called Mexican or West Indian limes, they are slightly yellow and have more seeds than limes. The flavors are different and it does not always work when swapping limes in place for key limes.
What to Serve with Key Lime Pie
When making this easy key lime pie recipe, you will want an easy dinner idea. Here are a few dinner ideas that are ready in no time.
- Buffalo Shrimp Recipe – These Baked Buffalo Shrimp are a quick and easy shrimp appetizer that’s perfect for holiday parties, game days or even a light dinner!
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings – Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings are a homestyle comfort food made easy. If you love traditional chicken and dumplings, you’ll love this easy crockpot chicken recipe! Chicken and dumplings are one of my favorite meals.
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta – This Shrimp Pesto Pasta is a quick, healthy, and easy shrimp and tomato pasta recipe. Though there are only a few ingredients, it’s full of flavor and a great 30-minute meal for any night of the week. Pesto shrimp can easily become a family favorite.
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken – This Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken is a homemade, healthier version of your favorite Chinese takeout dish. The sweet and sour sauce is made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry or fridge, making this flavorful dish easy to make.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes – Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes are an easy pork chop recipe and a real comfort food meal the entire family will love.
Ingredients with Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
- graham cracker crumbs
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- sweetened condensed milk
- sour cream
- key limes
How to Make Key Lime Pie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
Pour crumb into the pie dish and press it firmly in the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides of the pan
Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes
Allow to cool
In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and zest until combined
Pour into the crust
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
Remove and allow to cool completely
Top with cool whip and lime peels
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 9 inch round pie dish
- 1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 C sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 2 - 14 oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 3/4 C fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 2 tbsp key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Pour crumb into the pie dish and press it firmly in the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides of the pan
- Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and zest until combined
- Pour into the crust
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool completely
- Top with cool whip and lime peels
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Make sure you check my best recipes below:
Truffle Peanut Butter Brownies – This 3 layer brownie has peanut butter filling and then it is topped with chocolate ganache. Rich, creamy and delicious, you have to try these one of a kind brownies.
Crown Royal Cherry Brownies Balls – Do you love chocolate covered cherries? Looking for a recipe for cherry brownies? This is the best chocolate truffles that you will ever taste.
Black Forest Brownies Recipe – These black forest brownies will knock the socks off of any chocolate lover! Rich and decadent, these delicious cherry brownies from scratch are much easier to make than their delightful flavor would have you assume!
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – What’s a better dessert – cheesecake or brownies? With these easy Cherry Cheesecake Brownies, you don’t have to choose! Cherry brownies are a tasty twist on a classic brownie.
Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting – Make these homemade red velvet brownies with delicious white chocolate buttercream frosting. Rich, chewy chocolate fudge brownies with an amazing taste.