Amazing Fall Nutella Cookie Recipe
These cookies are such a great tasting cookie, that even though they are called fall cookies, they are great anytime. I love making Nutella cookies any time. Perfect for fall festival, bake sales, pot lucks, picnics or anytime, these cookies are a well loved treat. Make yourself a double batch to eat some now and have some for later.
Can I Freeze Nutella Cookie Dough?
What I love about making homemade cookie dough, whether it is this Nutella Cookie Dough is that it can be frozen. With this recipe, you will never need to buy premade, packaged cookie dough that leaves you wondering what is in it and cost a fortune. When you make this Nutella Cookie Dough, you can freeze it in a few different ways.
Make the Cookie Dough batter and freeze it like a log. Think about the cookie dough that comes in the tube. After making the cookie dough roll it and wrap it in plastic wrap. The wrap the entire log in foil. This will protect the cookie dough from freezer burn. When ready to use the cookie dough, simply thaw it in the refrigerator and use as normal.
Cookie Dough Balls. After making the cookie dough, roll out the cookie dough balls as you normally would. Once the balls are formed put them on a cookie sheet or plate. Freeze the cookie dough balls. Once the balls are frozen, you can take all of the Nutella Cookie Dough balls and move them to an airtight container or freezer bag.
Freeze the Cookies. After the cookies are baked, you can also freeze the cookies. After baking the cookies and letting them cool, you can do a single layer of cookies and then a layer ow parchment or wax paper with another layer of cookies. Repeat this until all of the cookies are ready. Wrap the cookies well, or put them in an airtight container.
Where can I buy orange M&m’s?
When I am making these cookies, I like to use the orange M&Ms because I like the contrast of the dark brown with the orange. I like that it gives these cookies a Fall feel. It is perfect for a simple fall cookie. However, if you are wondering where to get the orange-colored M&Ms you can buy regular M&Ms and get some orange in there. You can also look for Halloween M&Ms. Another option is looking online for Orange M&Ms. You can find bulk packs on single-colored M&Ms.
Another option, if you can not find orange M&Ms is to use Reese’s Pieces. These are available all year round and offer more orange pieces than M&Ms. Keep in mind that these are made with peanut butter and can be an allergy issue for some people.
How to Store Nutella Cookies
These Nutella cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies will last the longest if they are protected from the air. The cookies can last up to a week or so when stored correctly.
Ingredients for Homemade Nutella Cookie Recipe
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- Orange M&M’s
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
How to Make This Nutella Cookie Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl.
Stir with a whisk to combine.
Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Beat in the vanilla and Nutella.
Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in the M&M’s.
Drop 1 tablespoon size balls of dough about 2-inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges look dry.
Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
More Nutella Desserts
If you love Nutella then you are going to love these other Nutella Desserts. They differ from the traditional type of desserts that I have tasted with Nutella in it. That is what I think makes them special. I think you will love these too.
- Nutella Stuffed Pancakes – Nutella pancakes are a deliciously decadent stuffed pancake recipe perfect for a special breakfast. Served with fresh strawberries, they’re perfect for a romantic or holiday brunch too!
- Fried Nutella Dumplings – Fried Nutella Dumplings are a Nutella dessert recipe that’s quick, easy and oh-so-good. Made with only 3 ingredients, these dessert dumplings are guaranteed to be a hit!
Looking for a fall cookie recipe? Use this Fall Nutella Cookie recipe to create a delicious cookie. Whether you make these cookies during autumn or the rest of the year, these cookies are sure to be a hit.
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C Nutella
- 1 C regular size Orange M&M’s
- 1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and Nutella.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in the M&M’s.
- Drop 1 tablespoon size balls of dough about 2-inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges look dry.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: nutella cookies
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂