This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Savory biscuits packed with shredded zucchini, chopped tomatoes, scallions, basil and Parmesan cheese make a wonderful accompaniment to any summer meal. Smeared with butter or dipped in olive oil, these savory biscuits are sure to become one of your favorite ways to use all of that glorious zucchini growing in your garden.
This past weekend at the farmers market so many different venders were selling beautiful dark green zucchinis of various sizes. So needless to say, I have an outrageous amount of zucchini right now! 😉
Zucchini is one of those summer vegetables that I always pick up when I go to the farmers market and grocery stores. I love to throw them on the grill, add them to stir-fries, bread, muffins, cakes, cookies, soup and salads. There are just so many incredible recipes!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Garden Zucchini Parmesan Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup seeded, diced Roma tomato
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 7 thin tomato slices, halved
- Place the oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add zucchini, ½ cup tomato, scallions, basil and cheese; toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil and vinegar. Pour buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir just until blended; batter will be thick.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cup mounds about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Garnish with fresh tomato slices. Bake until golden brown, 25-35 minutes and toothpick inserted into the center of biscuit comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from Cuisine Lite Fresh and Fabulous