This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Halloween’s almost here and if you are still thinking of what to bring to a Halloween party, look no further! These Scream Cheese Swirl Brownies are the perfect dessert for any Halloween party. Brownie and orange tinted cheesecake batter are swirled together to make a festive and impressive dessert. Who can resist rich fudgy brownies with swirls of colorful cream cheese?
This recipe is adapted from Christy from The Girl Who Ate Everything. In her recipe she used boxed brownie mix but suggested trying it made from brownies from scratch. Since I don’t keep boxed brownies in my pantry I wanted to make it with one of my favorite brownie recipe. The result? Well look for yourself!
Deep dark chocolate brownies with delicious orange cheesecake swirls. This recipe was a huge hit and I loved the marbleized look of these festive brownies.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Halloween “Scream!” Cheese Swirl Brownies
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- orange food coloring
For the Brownie Layer:
- 1 1/4 cups plain cake flour, 5 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks, cut into six 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Put a long piece of aluminum foil in the length of an 9X13 inch pan, letting the foil extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Fit another piece of foil into width of baking pan in same manner, perpendicular to first sheet. Spray foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the cheesecake layer: In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, and flour and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Add orange food coloring to desired color; set aside.
- To make the brownie layer: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- In large heatproof bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove bowl from saucepan and gradually whisk in sugar. Add eggs one at time, whisking after each addition until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions, folding with rubber spatula until batter is completely smooth and homogeneous.
- Transfer 3/4 of the batter to prepared pan; using spatula, spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top. Distribute the remaining brownie mixture in 16 dollops over batter in the pan. Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, then remove brownies from pan by lifting foil overhang.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!