Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Are you ready to spice up your appetizer game? Wait, let me rephrase that—are you ready to Alohafy your snacking experience with something a bit more tropical and delightful? Well then, we’ve got just the thing: Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders!
These Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that everyone will love. The combination of the sweet glaze and the savory ham and cheese make these sliders irresistible.
Once they are baked, the sliders are golden brown and the cheese has melted into the ham, giving these sliders a nice flavor and texture.
They are sure to be a hit with everyone! I used to serve them warm with a side of mustard or ranch dressing for dipping, and you’ll have an appetizer everyone can enjoy.
Why do I love Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe?
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe is a quick and easy meal to make and is great for any occasion.
- The sweet and savory flavor combination of the Hawaiian ham and Swiss cheese is a match made in heaven.
- The Hawaiian rolls give the sliders an extra crunch and a hint of sweetness that makes the sliders extra delicious.
- The honey mustard sauce adds a nice tangy flavor that complements the ham and cheese perfectly.
- The sliders are a great way to use up leftover ham and make something new and delicious.
- The sliders are a fun and tasty twist on the classic ham and cheese sandwich.
- The sliders are a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables as the vegetables are hidden in the sliders.
- The sliders can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to be served.
What type of cheese is best for Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders?
We most often use cheddar or swiss. You can really use any kind of cheese you want for these Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders! Mozzarella, provolone, or pepper jack are all delicious options.
What can be added to Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders for more flavor?
- Grilled peaches or pineapple
- Bell pepper slices
What type of bread should be used for Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders?
We highly recommend using King’s Hawaiian Rolls. They are beautifully sweet and hold up well. You can also use an off-brand at your local grocery store, but the results will vary slightly.
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Honey mustard
- Minced dried onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- King’s Hawaiian rolls
- Sliced honey-baked ham
- Slices of cheese
How to make Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches:
Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Step 2. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 3. In a medium bowl add the butter, mustard, onion, and Worcestershire sauce.
Step 4. Mix to combine.
Step 5. Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half.
Step 6. Set to the side.
Step 7. Place the bottoms of your Hawaiian rolls and place them in your baking dish.
Step 8. Place the ham on top of the Hawaiian roll bottoms.
Step 9. Layer the cheese on top of the ham, and repeat for a second layer.
Step 10. Place the tops of the Hawaiin rolls onto the bottoms in the baking dish.
Step 11. Cover the top of the Hawaiian rolls sandwiches with the butter sauce.
Step 12. Cover the Hawaiian sandwiches with foil.
Step 13. Bake for 20 minutes.
Step 14. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 15 King’s Hawaiian rolls
- 1 pound sliced honey baked ham
- About 10 slices cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bow add the butter, mustard, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix to combine.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half.
- Set to the side.
- Place the bottoms of your Hawaiian rolls and place them in your baking dish.
- Place the ham on top of the Hawaiian roll bottoms.
- Layer the cheese on top of the ham, repeat for a second layer
- Place the tops of the Hawaiin rolls onto the bottoms in the baking dish.
- Cover the top of the Hawaiian rolls sandwiches with the butter sauce.
- Cover the Hawaiian sandwiches with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe Variations
- For a healthier option, use whole wheat buns and opt for lean ham varieties instead of regular ones. If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some jalapenos or chili flakes!
- For more flavor, consider topping the sliders with teriyaki sauce, honey mustard dressing, or even sriracha mayo.
- You can also try alternative cheeses like cheddar or mozzarella if you prefer something different.
- Finally, why not add some grilled pineapple slices along with your ham and cheese slider? It sounds delicious already!
How long does it take to make Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders?
They will be ready to serve in about 45 minutes. The recipe is very simple, and even if you are a beginner, you can make these ham and cheese sliders!
How do you keep Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders warm?
Wrap each slider in a piece of tin foil. Then place them in a slow cooker. Keep the slow cooker on the warm setting. They will be warm and ready to serve!
Can Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders be made ahead of time?
Yes, but don’t add the butter mixture until ready to bake. It’s fine to prep the sandwiches and leave them in a baking dish in the fridge for up to 12 hours in advance. They will dry out if you leave them longer than that.
Can I substitute an ingredient in Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders?
Yep! Swap the honey mustard for spicy or dijon mustard for a tangy twist. You can also swap the ham for turkey or your favorite deli meat. Additionally, feel free to swap the cheese for any variety you love.
How do I store Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders?
Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 8–10 minutes or until they are hot.
How many Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders will one recipe make?
Depending on the size of the package of rolls you buy, you should have 12–15 servings. We usually buy the 15 Hawaiian rolls package, but you can do whatever works for you.
What condiments can be added to Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders?
- Hot Mustard
- Mayo + Ketchup
- Ranch Dressing
- Jalapeno Ranch
- Avocado Ranch
Can Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders be frozen?
Yes, wrap each slider up individually in plastic wrap. Then put it in a freezer bag and store it for up to 3 months. Take out as many sandwiches as you need at a time and thaw them in the fridge.
What temperature should Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders be served at?
They are best when served warm. You can also serve them cold, but they probably won’t go over as well because they are best when the cheese is melted.
Are Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders suitable for vegetarians?
Not as the recipe is written; however, you can omit the ham and swap it for veggies instead. Bell peppers, mushrooms, or onions are all great options!