Spring Instant Pot Bundt Cake Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This adorable Spring Instant Pot Bundt Cake Recipe is exactly what you’ve been looking for Easter this year! To make this spring bundt cake, you will start with a box cake mix and transform it into a flavorful, colorful, and moist cake. Everyone is going to go wild for how adorable this Easter bundt cake is.
Spring Instant Pot Bundt Cake Recipe
You already know how much I love to make cakes for the holidays. I always want to make something special for Easter because it’s one of my favorite holidays. This year I wanted something that was colorful and had lots of pastel colors because it would look adorable. This instant pot Easter Dessert turned out absolutely perfect! I’m pretty sure you’re going to feel the same way the first time you bite into this moist cake.
In order to save yourself time, it’s wonderful to use cakes that you can start with a box cake mix. While you can always use a homemade cake recipe when you’re in a hurry, a box cake mix tastes just as great if you add some extra ingredients to it.
Best Food Coloring To Use For Cakes
When you are making this instant pot Easter dessert, you can use any food colorings that you like. I chose to stick with pink and yellow food coloring for this instant pot bundt cake. However, a light blue, light purple, and even a mint green would all be fun and playful pastel colors that are perfect for Easter.
Can I Change The Theme For Other Holidays?
Yes, you can easily swap out the food coloring and sprinkles to fit your favorite theme. For example, you could go with red pink and white for Valentine’s Day. Or even a red white and blue theme for Fourth of July.
Does Bundt Cake Need to Be Refrigerated
No, you do not have to refrigerate this bundt cake if you don’t want to. I like to refrigerate it because I prefer to eat it when it has been chilled. However, that is not a requirement that is just a personal preference. You can store the bundt cake on the countertop for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Can You Freeze Leftover Cake
Yes, you can easily freeze this leftover bundt cake. First, you’ll need to wrap up the bundt cake in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. After the cake has been wrapped, you can place it inside of a freezer-safe food container. The leftover instant pot bundt cake will last for up to three months in the freezer. You can enjoy the cake frozen, or you can place it in the refrigerator overnight to thaw it out before serving.
Amazingly, all you need is seven ingredients to whip up this instant pot cake. Some of the ingredients are optional and can quickly and easily be adjusted to fit your needs. The food coloring, frosting, and colored sprinkles can all be changed depending on what holiday you are making this cake for.
- Box french vanilla cake mix -I prefer the flavor of French vanilla cake, but you could also use a white cake or yellow cake if you prefer.
- Vegetable oil
- Pink and Yellow food coloring – Feel free to adjust the food coloring based on whatever colors you have on hand or what you prefer.
- 1 container of whipped white frosting -I usually use store-bought frosting; however, you could also make your own homemade frosting if you like.
- Spring colored sprinkles -Any sprinkles will work beautifully with this instant pot cake.
How To Make A Box Cake Mix In Instant Pot
If you’ve never made a cake in your pressure cooker before, you are in for a huge treat. It’s truly very simple and leaves a lasting impression on everybody who eats it. Here is your easy to follow directions so you can learn how to make a box cake in the instant pot.
Step 1: Combine the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, and oil in a large bowl. Makes well then divide the batter into two separate bowls. Add drops of your favorite food coloring into each of the bowls and mix well.
Step 2: After you have the color of better prepared, it’s time to get your bundt cake pan ready. You will need to add grease to the bundt pan and sprinkle it with flour. Then you will need to add half of the pink batter into the bundt cake pan. Drop some scoops of yellow batter into the pink batter. Then for the remaining pink batter on top of the yellow better, so it has a marbled look.
Step 3: Pour in 1 cup of water into the inner bowl of the instant pot. Add the trivet. Then make a sling out of aluminum foil. Slowly lower the bundt pan into the instant pot on top of the trivet.
Step 4: Add the lid and close it. Turn the valve to the sealed position and cook on high for 35 minutes. As soon as the cake is done cooking, turn it to a quick pressure release. Let the cake sit on a cooling rack for 30 to 60 minutes.
Step 5: Carefully take a knife to separate a cake from the sides of the bundt pan and put it onto a plate. Add frosting and your favorite sprinkles.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Instant pot Spring bundt cake
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Pink and Yellow food coloring
- 1 container of whipped white frosting
- Spring colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, mix together the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Divide the batter between two bowls so you can add coloring.
- Mix a few drops of pink food coloring into one of the bowls.
- Mix a few drops of yellow food coloring into the second bowl. Do as much or as little on the food coloring to meet your desired color.
- Grease and flour a 7 inch bundt pan.
- Pour half of the pink batter into the bundt cake pan
- Drop scoops of the yellow cake batter into the pink batter.
- Pour remaining pink batter onto the yellow batter, this will give it a marbled color look.
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of the instant pot. Place trivet inside.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top of trivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan. Make sure the cake is covered with aluminum foil.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Followed by a quick pressure release.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a plate.
- Frost as desired and sprinkle the sprinkles.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
In addition to this delicious instant pot spring bundt cake, I have a few other pressure cooker desserts that you are bound to love. Let’s take a look so you can head and kitchen and start making these tasty treats.
Instant pot lemon cheesecake – making cheesecake in the instant pot is one of my favorite things to do. It’s so rich, velvety and creamy.
Instant pot applesauce cake – this cake is so moist and full of fall flavors. As soon as autumn hits, we know we have to make this cake because we cannot resist how good it is.
Instant pot pumpkin cake – another one of our favorite fall recipes is this instant pot pumpkin cake. You won’t believe how moist and flavorful it is.
Instant pot Bailey’s cheesecake – if you love Bailey’s as much as I do, you are going to go wild for this cheesecake recipe. It’s so decadent and creamy.