If you are wanting the best Instant Pot Chicken and Rice recipe, then you are going to love this recipe. This herbed chicken and rice make one of the best tasting and moist chicken breast you could ever want. Using the Instant Pot this dinner is a no-fuss meal that is on the table in no time.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
Can you cook rice and meat at the same time in Instant pot?
With this chicken and rice recipe in the Instant Pot, you will be cooking the rice and meat at the same time. Some other recipes, this might not be the case because of the cook times needed for the rice and the meat. For this recipe, both the chicken and the rice will cook at the same time in the Instant Pot. This is great because it gives the rice the best flavor.
Can you cook instant rice in Instant pot?
For this recipe, you do not want to use instant rice. Using instant rice in this recipe will give you mushy rice that is overcooked and unappetizing. You want to use traditional rice in this recipe. I prefer using long grain rice but shirt grain rice, jasmine rice, or other similar rice is ok to use as well.
Can you use frozen chicken in the instant pot?
One of the best things about cooking chicken in the Instant Pot is that you can cook the chicken even if it is frozen. When the chicken is frozen it takes longer to bring the pressure cooker to pressure. You also want to make sure the chicken is separated so that it cooks evenly and the seasoning is well distributed.
What is the best thing to cook in Instant pot?
Chicken is one of my favorite things to cook in the Instant Pot. It gives the chicken a great taste and it so easy to do. It is a 1 step process. It is also so easy to give the chicken different flavors when cooking with the Instant Pot.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Long grain rice
- Chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Italian seasoning
- Dried parsley
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Add rice and chicken stock to the Instant Pot. Season with salt and pepper and half the Italian seasoning. Stir to mix.
Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice. Season with minced garlic, remaining Italian seasoning, and parsley.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. Do a quick release and remove the lid when the pressure has been released.
Turn off the Instant Pot and remove the chicken. Use a fork to fluff the rice.
Serve the chicken over the rice and top with grated parmesan cheese (optional).
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup Recipe – This is a fast and delicious Instant Pot soup that is perfect for anyone following a low carb or gluten-free diet. Enjoy this chicken zoodle soup in no time.
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken – Wait until you see how easy and delicious this orange chicken recipe is. It simply does not get easier than Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup – This is the Best Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe ever. Fast and Easy This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken with Rice – Looking for a creamy garlic chicken recipe? This Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken with Rice is a great tasting easy chicken dinner that is perfect for a fast weeknight dinner.
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl – If you have been looking for a copycat Chipotle Burrito bowl recipe, this is the perfect recipe for you. With this easy to make chicken burrito bowl recipe, you will have a healthy burrito bowl that is perfect for dinner.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 ½ cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (three cloves)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Add rice and chicken stock to the Instant Pot. Season with salt and pepper and half the Italian seasoning. Stir to mix.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice. Season with minced garlic, remaining Italian seasoning, and parsley.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. Do a quick release and remove the lid when the pressure has been released.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and remove the chicken. Use a fork to fluff the rice.
- Serve the chicken over the rice and top with grated parmesan cheese (optional).
Make sure you check my best recipes below:
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – These succulent Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken wings are finger-licking good!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the easiest, most flavorful chicken noodle soup you’ll ever make!
Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken – Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken is tender, juicy and so full of flavor!