Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
If you have been looking for a copycat Chipotle Burrito bowl recipe, this is the perfect recipe for you. With this easy to make chicken burrito bowl recipe, you will have a healthy burrito bowl that is perfect for dinner.
Easy Weeknight Dinner – Chicken Burrito Bowl
I have a love affair with Chipotle burrito bowls. Oh, they are so good. The problem is I can not go out to eat every day because it gets expensive quick. So I wanted to make a Mexican burrito bowl that I could have any time I wanted it. Of course, since I want dinner to be as easy as possible, I am using my Instant pot, for an Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl.
Variations to Mexican Burrito Bowl
When making this chicken burrito bowl, I am using the typical ingredients that I would get with a take out burrito bowl. You can certainly change it up and add more or less of the ingredients you like.
- Another way to change this recipe is to use different meat ideas. I am using chicken breast but you can use chicken thighs, steak, pork, even ham. If you wanted to make this a vegetarian burrito bowl, eliminate the meat and add tofu or “meatless” meat, available in most freezer sections.
- Make it a Breakfast Burrito Bowl. Swap the meat for eggs and create a healthy breakfast that you can reheat for a few days. I don’t mind the idea of having rice in my eggs, kind of like fried rice, but if you don’t like it, simply remove the rice from this recipe.
- Make it a burrito. I know the point of this is to be a burrito bowl, but you can decide to add it all into a tortilla to make it into a burrito. After filling the tortilla, you can brown each side, like you would with grilled cheese. This takes the flavor to a new level. Eat it then, or freeze it for grab and go meals.
What to Serve with Chipotle Burrito Bowl
This recipe is a complete meal all by itself. So while the Instant Pot is doing its thing, why not concentrate on dessert. With a meal this healthy, you can afford to splurge on some dessert. Here are just a few of my favorite dessert recipes.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe – This moist, delicious, and easy to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars recipe is one of the best things you will ever taste. Is there seriously anything better than combining pumpkin and chocolate? No way!
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – Moist, delicious lemon blueberry coffee cake is mindblowing good. The aroma of baking the lemon blueberry dessert will make you drool and wish that time could go faster.
- No Bake Oreo Pie with Chocolate Ganache Recipe – This no-bake oreo pie is out of this world amazing! Decadent, creamy, sweet, and a perfect dessert to end a meal with. You can never go wrong with an oreo pie recipe no bake because you don’t even have to heat the house.
- Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe – Fresh, light and scrumptious millionaire pie is just what you need in your life! You won’t be able to get enough of the creamy filling in this millionaire pie recipe.
- Pina Colada Pie Recipe – This Pina Colada Pie is beyond amazing! Every bite is filled with toasted coconut with a graham cracker crust and a creamy coconut filling with crushed pineapple, crunchy pecans, and maraschino cherries.
How to Store this Healthy Burrito Bowl
If you have leftovers of this healthy burrito bowl after eating it for dinner, you will need to store it in the refrigerator. Store it in an airtight container, storage bag or in the Instant Pot inner pot. If you are not storing this in a container with its own lid, make sure that you cover the pot or container with plastic wrap so that it doesn’t go bad.
How Long Does a Chicken Bowl Recipe Last
When stored properly, this chicken bowl recipe will last for up to 4 days. If the chicken bowl recipe will not be eaten by the time it goes bad, simply transfer it to freezer bags and freeze it for another time. It will stay good for 3 months. This is a great idea for a freezer meal.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning
- chicken broth
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- sweet corn kernels
- Black beans
- Long grain rice
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
Pour a thin layer of chicken broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Place the chicken breasts on top of the chicken broth.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning packet over the chicken breasts.
Place the corn, black beans, Rotel, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and onion into the Instant Pot on top of the chicken breasts.
Pour the rice over the mixture.
Add the rest of the chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Press down the rice so that it is all submerged into the liquid.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the release valve is in the sealing position.
Set the Instant Pot to manual for 10 minutes. Allow the mixture to do a natural release for an additional 10 minutes once the cook time has finished, and then move the release valve to the venting position to release any remaining pressure.
Shred the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot with two forks, and stir to combine all the ingredients.
Top your burrito bowls with your favorite toppings including shredded lettuce, freshly diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Package of taco seasoning
- 2 ½ C. chicken broth
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper sliced
- 1 Can sweet corn kernels drained
- 1 Can Black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Can Rotel
- 2 C. Long grain rice
- Pour a thin layer of chicken broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the chicken broth.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning packet over the chicken breasts.
- Place the corn, black beans, rotel, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and onion into the Instant Pot on top of the chicken breasts.
- Pour the rice over the mixture.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Press down the rice so that it is all submerged into the liquid.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the release valve is in the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 10 minutes. Allow the mixture to do a natural release for an additional 10 minutes once the cook time has finished, and then move the release valve to the venting position to release any remaining pressure.
- Shred the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot with two forks, and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Top your burrito bowls with your favorite toppings including shredded lettuce, freshly diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
If you love to see more recipesme, you can check out my best recipes below. Believe me, each one is worth checking out.
Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup With Vegetables – Looking for some fantastically delicious comfort food that’s easy to make? Then you are in luck because this turkey noodle soup is outstanding! It’s full of soothing ingredients, takes minimal effort to create, and friends and family can’t resist it
Meatballs and Potatoes Soup – This Meatball and Potato Soup will not only become one of your go-to hearty soup recipes for chilly nights but one of your favorite easy healthy soup recipes!
Weight Loss Vegetable Soup – Whether you’re trying to lose a few pounds after the holidays or just want to give your body a healthy jumpstart, this Weight Loss Vegetable Soup is for you. Similar to the famous weight loss cabbage soup, this is a low-calorie soup for weight loss that can help you shed a few pounds when eaten daily.
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage And Bean Soup – Oh, the amazing flavors in this Instant Pot smoked sausage and bean soup is out of this world. Perfectly smokey sausage with protein-packed beans is the hearty meal you are looking for.
Potato Soup – This slow cooker potato soup is the best crockpot potato soup you will ever make! It’s loaded with cheese for a deliciously creamy and filling slow cooker baked potato soup.
Easy Beef Stew – This Easy Beef Stew recipe is the ultimate easy comfort food dinner for cold weather. It’s a beef stew with frozen vegetables which makes it one of the easiest homemade beef stew recipe you’ll find. Easy stew recipes are a winter staple for many, and this beef stew is a crowd-pleaser.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the easiest, most flavorful chicken noodle soup you’ll ever make! With this chicken noodle soup Instant Pot recipe, there’s no need to wait hours for a savory soup.