Nutella Hazelnut Chewies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Chocolate. Nutella. Hazelnuts. Espresso. It is amazing how just four words can make your mouth-water! These cookies are irresistible! The fact that they have Nutella in them makes them a huge hit in my house. I am a bit obsessed with Nutella. I swear it takes a lot of self-control having a jar of this stuff in my house. I admit to eating a spoon or two straight out of the jar! 😉 These chewy cookies are packed with toasted hazelnuts inside and out and rolled in a cloud of powdered sugar. Make sure you have a glass of cold milk to wash down these soft, fudgy cookies. I made these cookies while putting up the Christmas Tree last night.
Decorating the christmas tree is one of my favorite things to do this time of year. We have what I like to call the “travel tree”. Every time I travel somewhere we buy an ornament to remind us of our travels. We have a triple-decker bus to remind us of our engagement in London, a hand blown Murano glass ornament to remind us of Venice, an Eiffel tower from Paris, a sea turtle to remind us of our wedding in Grand Cayman, plus many, many more. Do you have an ornament that reminds you of a special time?
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Nutella Hazelnut Chewies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups [Nutella]
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups hazelnuts toasted and chopped fine
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, Nutella, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, on medium-high speed, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, and espresso and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture and milk, and mix until just combined. Fold in 1/2 cup hazelnuts and refrigerate dough until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place remaining hazelnuts in a shallow bowl. Add confectioner’s sugar to another shallow bowl. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball, roll the ball in the hazelnuts, and then in the powdered sugar and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.