Semi-Homemade Apple Pan Dowdy Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for an apple pan dowdy recipe? Look no further. This delicious apple dowdy is a form of apple cobbler that is so good. Perfect for Fall or a get-together, or just because you want dessert, this apple dowdy recipe is very easy to make.
Semi-Homemade Apple Pan Dowdy Recipe
Why is this a semi-homemade? This apple pan dowdy recipe is semi-homemade because it uses a baking mix as the cobbler topping. That helps this recipe to come together in no time and takes out a lot of the extra steps. Fast and easy to make this easy apple cobbler is something worth making.
Do I have to use Bisquick for this apple cobbler?
In this semi-homemade apple cobbler recipe, I am using Bisquick. If you have a different baking mix that you like or have on hand, you can that. Most baking mixes are made the same. You can even make your own baking mix using flour, baking powder, salt, and butter or shortening.
What to Serve with Bisquick Cobbler Recipe
Bisquick cobbler can be served as is or you can toppings to change it up. With this Bisquick Cobbler recipe, you can add these toppings or use your favorite.
- Ice Cream– Ice cream and apple pie are a match made in heaven. Since this is an apple pan dowdy, with all the same flavors as an apple pie, vanilla ice cream is a perfect combination.
- Whipped topping – You can use a store bought whipped topping, like Cool Whip, or use a store made whipped cream. You can also make your own whipped cream by whipping heavy cream together with sugar. You can make a large batch or a smaller batch to use as needed.
- Caramel Syrup – There are many caramel syrups available in the store and they all go great with this recipe. You can make your own caramel syrup too.
- Vanilla Glaze – Make a simple vanilla glaze by mixing powder sugar, milk and vanilla together. Drizzle over the top. You can add the glaze when you make the cobbler or you can add it slice by slice.
How to Store Apple Cobbler
Apple cobbler is a simple dessert to make and it is easy to store as well. This apple cobbler can be stored at room temperature for about 3 days. The cobbler can last longer if it is stored in the refrigerator. Whether it is stored in the refrigerator or on the counter, it is important that the cobbler is covered. If the apple pan dowdy is left on covered it will get stales and will spoil sooner.
How to Reheat
If you like this dessert warm, you can reheat it in the microwave. It is a great way to have the contrast between the warm cobbler and the cold ice cream, or just because you like to have the cobbler warm. Another reason wo warm this cobbler is if it starts to seem stale and hard. reheating it with a damp paper towel.
Ingredients for apple pan dowdy recipe
- brown sugar
- white vinegar
- Gala apples
How to make an apple pan dowdy
Cinnamon Sugar Directions
Place the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, stir to combine.
Apple Pan Dowdy Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray 11x7x2 a baking dish with non-stick baking spray
In a medium sauce pan add the Bisquick, brown sugar, salt, vinegar, and water.
On low heat, cook and stir the ingredients until thick, 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Now add the butter, and vanilla, whisk to combine.
Slice your apples, skin removed.
Place the sliced apples into the baking dish.
Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the apples.
In a large bowl, add the Bisquick and cream.
Use a fork to combine the two.
Using a large spoon or regular sized ice cream scoop drop the mixture over the apples evenly.
Pour the sauce over the Bisquick topping.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Check to see if the apples are tender by sticking a skewer or toothpick down into the pan.
Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
Top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
More Fruit Dessert Recipes
- Apple Crumble Bars – These apple crumble bars are so easy to make. Fast and simple, the crust and the crumbs are made from the same thing. Using a combination of tart and sweet apples, these bars are so good.
- Best Peach Cobbler Crumble Bars – If you love cobbler or crumbles and you love peaches, you are going to love this easy to make peach cobbler crumble
- Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Instant Pot Apple cake is going to knock your socks off. Made with granny smith apples, this is a delicious cake with just the right amount of cinnamon.
- Cherry Bourbon Ice Cream – Made with fresh cherries, this ice cream is amazing. It is extremely easy to make and it is so good. You have to try this creamy and rich cherry ice cream with a splash of bourbon.
- Blueberry Pie Recipe – This fresh blueberry is easy to make and tastes amazing. With a homemade flaky crust, this pie has been taken to a whole new level. This is going to be your favorite blueberry dessert.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Semi-Homemade Apple Pan Dowdy
- 3 1/2 cups Bisquick divided
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tsp. white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. butter softened
- 2 Tsp. vanilla
- 6-7 Gala apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Directions
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 11x7x2 a baking dish with non-stick baking spray
- In a medium sauce pan add the Bisquick, brown sugar, salt, vinegar, and water.
- On low heat, cook and stir the ingredients until thick, 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Now add the butter, and vanilla, whisk to combine.
- Set aside.
- Slice your apples, skin removed.
- Place the sliced apples into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the apples.
- In a large bowl, add the Bisquick and cream.
- Use a fork to combine the two.
- Using a large spoon or regular sized ice cream scoop drop the mixture over the apples evenly.
- Pour the sauce over the Bisquick topping.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Check to see if the apples are tender by sticking a skewer or toothpick down into the pan.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂