Looking for a Simple Bolognese Recipe? This Low Carb Simple Bolognese Recipe is everything you are looking for and more. Easy to make and absolutely delicious, you are going to love this low carb bolognese recipe.
Low Carb Simple Bolognese Recipe
I love pasta and bolognese. However, if you are eating low carb, that is not an option. This recipe is delicious and perfect for anyone who is eating low carb. As a bonus, if others are not following a low carb or keto diet, they can still eat this recipe and use regular pasta noodles or for a double dose of vegetables, serve the noodle substitutes to everyone.
Can you freeze this simple bolognese sauce?
I love to pick up extra ground beef when it is on sale. That is when I like to make several batches on this simple bolognese sauce. I will make a large batch and split into different containers. Then I can freeze some of the containers and keep on for dinner. The easiest way to freeze this sauce is to wait for it to cool and then divide it into freezer bags. You can use plastic containers but this takes up more space and also leaves your containers out of usage circulation until it comes out of the freezer. Be sure to write what is in the freezer bag or container and the date it was made. The sauce will stay good in the freezer for about three months. To thaw the simple bolognese sauce, move it to the refrigerator.
What are the best low carb noodles substitutes?
There are many types of low carb noodle substitutes. Just because you are eating low carb or keto, you can still eat meals that will remind you of pasta and sauce. For many people, once they get over the fact that the new noodles do have a different texture to traditional noodles, they will start to enjoy them. The taste is great, usually, nothing that you can even notice, but the texture is slightly different. Some of the best ideas are:
- Low Carb Noodles: Because eating low carb is a healthy way to eat, low carb noodles are getting popular. These noodles are usually more expensive per box than traditional noodles but it makes a good option if you are eating low carb.
- Zoodles: Zoodles are usually made from zucchini, butternut squash or other similar vegetables. The vegetable is ran through a spiralizer than makes the vegetable into a long strand, like spaghetti. You can make these yourself or buy them from the produce section of the grocery store or in the freezer section.
- Spaghetti Squash: While this is another vegetable noodle, it is made differently. The spaghetti squash needs to be cook in the oven first, and then once it has cooled enough to be handled, use a fork to scrape the inside flesh. The flesh will peel into long strands which is similar to spaghetti.
- Cauliflower Rice: While this option doesn’t have a pasta-like feel, it is still quite good. Cauliflower rice is usually a substitute for rice. The cauliflower is pressed through a ricer or chopped into small bits.
Ingredients for low carb pasta sauce
- Ground beef
- diced tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- Bay leaves
- Red cooking wine
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to make simple bolognese recipe
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat on the stove.
When the oil is hot, add in the onion, celery and carrot. Stir often, and cook until the vegetables are a crisp tender.
Add in the ground beef, and brown completely. Pour off any excess grease.
Mix in ½ cup of red cooking wine, and cook down until it is almost completely absorbed.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of basil, 2 bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine the ingredients well.
Toss in 3 cloves of garlic, and cook for an additional minute.
Add in 2 teaspoons of worcestershire sauce.
Reduce the heat to low, and mix in 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Simmer the sauce on low for 20 minutes.
Remove the bay leaves, and serve the sauce garnished with Parmesan cheese on your favorite low-carb noodle substitute.
More Low Carb Recipes
Loaded Cauliflower Bake – This low carb bake is great for anyone, not just for people following a low carb diet. It is tasty and nutritious and definitely vegetable-packed. The flavor is fantastic and it is a great way to have vegetables with dinner.
Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – Mac and cheese is so good, but it is not low carb friendly. If you are trying to eat healthier, you need this keto mac and cheese recipe. Just a great taste as the original but is so much healthier.
Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice – Looking for a simple low carb dinner idea? You need to make this garlic chicken. Rich and buttery it goes fantastic with the parmesan cauliflower rice.
Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe – This recipe for meatballs and lemon zoodles is another great dinner idea. Easy to make and it tastes fantastic. Low carb friendly but it is such a phenomenal taste, the whole family will love this meal.
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Recipe – This is a great tasting stir fry that features amazing garlic chicken flavor. Pair it with cauliflower rice or eat it as is.
- 2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 Carrot peeled and diced
- 1 Stalk of celery diced
- 1 Small onion diced
- 2 (14.5 oz) Cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. Basil
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- ½ c. Red cooking wine
- 3 Cloves garlic
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat on the stove.
- When the oil is hot, add in the onion, celery and carrot. Stir often, and cook until the vegetables are a crisp tender.
- Add in the ground beef, and brown completely. Pour off any excess grease.
- Mix in ½ cup of red cooking wine, and cook down until it is almost completely absorbed.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of basil, 2 bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine the ingredients well.
- Toss in 3 cloves of garlic, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, and mix in 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Simmer the sauce on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, and serve the sauce garnished with Parmesan cheese on your favorite low-carb noodle substitute.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂