Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
You can make this garlic chicken stir fry recipe in less than 30 minutes! I love meals that I can throw together during those busy nights, so we aren’t tempted to hit a drive-thru. Plus, this stir fry chicken with garlic sauce tastes so good that it will be love at the first bite.
I know it’s not always easy to get your kids to eat the veggies, but this stir fry chicken with garlic sauce has been kid approved! Trust me, when you put it on the plate they will gobble it up so fast it isn’t even funny! So, it’s a dinner that you can feel good about. I would say that is a huge win!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
How To Make Chicken Stir Fry
There isn’t much to making this flavorful chicken stir fry recipe. We can eat a delicious homecooked meal that tastes even better than take out. Honestly, you can beat that. Here are the simple steps to get you started:
First Step: In a skillet heat the olive oil using medium-high heat.
Second Step: Toss in the broccoli, sliced mushrooms, and yellow bell pepper to the heated olive oil. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables begin to become tender. Remove the vegetables, cover them, and set aside for later.
Third Step: Place another teaspoon of olive oil in the skillet, and add the chicken breast pieces. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Fourth Step: Add the vegetables back into the skillet.
Fifth Step: In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth, sesame oil, and cornstarch together. Mix until everything is combined.
Sixth Step: Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet, and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is covered well and the sauce has thickened.
What a simple dinner idea that the entire family will enjoy. It’s also great for dinner parties and potlucks too!
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Variations
One thing about this chicken broccoli stir fry is that you can add or omit any ingredients you wish. This is my base recipe, but I like to change things depending on my mood. Try some of these ideas:
- Shrimp – Follow the directions the same way, just replace the chicken with shrimp. I love seafood, and sometimes you just get a craving for some juicy plump shrimp!
- Orange Zest – Oh the citrus flavors of orange go deliciously with this healthy chicken stir fry! Try it and will be impressed.
- Carrots – I love the color that carrots give this easy chicken stir fry, plus they add some sweetness too. Just dice them up or cut them into thin slices.
- Ginger – Add 1 tablespoon of minced ginger to the sauce. You won’t believe how amazing it tastes.
- Honey – Drizzle some honey into the sauce. There is just something about the natural sweetness it provides that it takes the garlic chicken stir fry to the next level.
- Asparagus – Cut up asparagus and toss them into the stir-fry. They add fabulous texture and taste great!
- Sesame Seeds – Add a couple of teaspoons of sesame seeds to the sauce. I love to do this because it makes the meal feel like you are eating in a restaurant.
Is Stir Fry Chicken Healthy?
Yes, absolutely! It’s filled with nutrient-rich ingredients, and it’s very healthy. If you are watching your refined sugar intake, you can simply omit that ingredient without any issues. Here is a breakdown of the vitamins and minerals in this tasty dish:
- Chicken – It’s loaded with protein, calcium, iron, and vitamin B6. Eat up!
- Bell Pepper – Not only do peppers look awesome in a recipe, but they are also packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, vitamin E, and folate.
- Mushrooms – You will find riboflavin, pantothenic acid, niacin, folate, and thiamine.
- Broccoli – It’s filled with fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and potassium. It’s pretty much a super-food!
How Long Does Stir Fry Chicken With Garlic Sauce Last?
This chicken stir fry will last around 3-4 days in the fridge. It actually makes a wonderful leftover lunch or even dinner. The most important thing is to keep it in an airtight container to keep the veggies and chicken fresh longer.
Can I Freeze Stir Fry?
Yes, you can freeze leftover stir fry. On average the stir fry chicken with garlic sauce will last around 2-3 months if it’s properly stored. Always keep it in an airtight container with a lid or in a freezer safe bag.
How Do I Reheat Chicken Stir Fry?
Reheating garlic chicken stir fry is actually pretty simple. Place it on a safe microwave dish and heat it for 1-2 minutes. Cover it with a paper towel to prevent splatters. You can also put a little bit of olive oil in a skillet and toss it in the pan. It will take around 5-7 minutes to warm up. No matter which method you choose, don’t overcook the stir fry because the vegetables may end up mushy.
What To Serve With Stir Fry
Stir fry is one of those meals that you don’t automatically know what will go well with it. So, instead of making you scratch your head to figure it out, I thought I would throw some ideas together for you:
- Rice – Make white, brown, or fried rice to go with this dish. It makes the meal stretch a little further if you are feeding a large group, and it tastes great.
- Noodles – Egg or rice noodles are fun to eat and are super yummy. Give it a try!
- Salad – Making a fresh salad is always a fabulous addition to any meal. Especially when you make the best chicken stir fry ever.
- Egg Rolls – Is there anything better than a freshly cooked eggroll? Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t get enough. Whether you make it homemade or buy prepackaged eggrolls, there are so many flavor combinations you can try.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Olive oil divided
- 1 Yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 c Sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 c Broccoli Florets
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- ¾ c. Chicken broth
- 1 ½ tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli, sliced mushrooms and yellow bell pepper to the heated skillet, and cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables begin to become tender. Remove the vegetables, cover them and set aside for later.
- Place one teaspoon of olive oil in the heated skillet, and add the chicken breast pieces. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the vegetables back into the skillet.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth, sesame oil and cornstarch, and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet, and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is coated well and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over white rice if you desire.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Now time to Pin this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂