Stuffed garlic bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Garlic bread is a classic dish that everyone loves. But sometimes, it can be a little boring. That’s why I decided to stuff mine with cheese and green onions.
The results were amazing!
If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to make garlic bread, then this recipe is definitely for you.
Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Stuffed Garlic Bread?
I love stuffed garlic bread because it’s an incredibly delicious and flavorful way to transform a classic dish. The combination of cheese, and green onions creates an irresistible flavor that will make your taste buds dance with delight. Plus, it’s super easy to put together and doesn’t take much time at all.
Another great thing about stuffed garlic bread is that you can use any combination of ingredients you want! Feel free to add some spinach or peppers if you’d like or switch out the bacon for sausage. You can even leave out the cheese if you prefer a vegan-friendly option. The possibilities are endless!
If you haven’t tried stuffed garlic bread yet, I highly suggest giving it a try. You won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
What is stuffed garlic bread?
Stuffed garlic bread has all the things you love about regular garlic bread, but all the goodies are stuffed in the center of the loaf!
Stuffed Garlic Bread Tips
If you want to get the most out of stuffed garlic bread, use a high-quality cheese like Parmesan or mozzarella.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the stuffed bread with too much filling. The bread should still be able to close properly without spilling out any ingredients.
- You can bake stuffed garlic bread in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- For an extra crunchy texture, sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top before baking.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, just omit the cheese and top with some vegan butter instead!
- Feel free to mix up the stuffing ingredients by using different cheeses, meats, or veggies.
- Serve stuffed garlic bread with a side of marinara sauce for the perfect dipping experience!
- Freeze any extra dough to use later on. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you want to make stuffed garlic rolls, just cut up your stuffed dough into smaller pieces and bake as usual!
Stuffed Garlic Bread Variations
If you want to switch up the stuffed garlic bread game, there are plenty of variations you can try! Here are a few ideas:
- For creamy stuffed garlic bread, add some ricotta cheese and pesto to your stuffing mix.
- For Italian-style stuffed garlic bread, add pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some jalapenos or other spicy peppers to your stuffed bread for a flavor kick.
- Swap out the bacon for chorizo for a Mexican twist on stuffed garlic bread.
- For a flavorful seafood variation, stuff your dough with crab meat, cheddar cheese, and green onions.
- Loaf fresh deli Italian or ciabatta bread
- Minced garlic
- Softened butter
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan
How Do You Make Stuffed garlic bread?
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Step 2. In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, parsley, butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan with a fork until mixed well.
Step 3. Cut the bread into thick slices, but leave a small bit connected at the bottom of the loaf. You want to create slices, but you do not want them to be completely separated.
Step 4. Carefully stuff the filling between the slices of bread.
Step 5. Cover the bread with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Step 6. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Stuffed garlic bread
- 1 Loaf fresh deli Italian or ciabatta bread
- 4 tsp. Minced garlic
- ½ C. Chopped fresh parsley
- ½ C. Softened butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 C. Fresh grated parmesan
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, parsley, butter, olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan with a fork until mixed well.
- Cut the bread into thick slices, but leave a small bit connected at the bottom of the loaf. You want to create slices, but you do not want them to be completely separated.
- Carefully stuff the filling between the slices of bread.
- Cover the bread with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
What kind of bread works best for stuffed garlic bread?
There are a few kinds of bread that will work for this recipe. Here are our top choices:
- Ciabatta Bread
- French Bread
- Italian Bread
- Sour Dough
Can you use melted butter?
It’s better to use softened butter because you can control where it goes, and the bread won’t’ soak it all up right away. As the bread bakes, the butter will melt and will soak into the bread, but it will also pull the other ingredients with it to make it much more flavorful.
Can you reheat cheese-stuffed garlic bread?
Yes, place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Once it’s hot all the way through, it will be ready to eat.
Can I prep this ahead of time?
Yes, you can completely prep the bread ahead of time and wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. It can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 hour, or you can refrigerate it until it’s time to cook.
Can I switch up the cheeses and seasonings?
Absolutely! Try mozzarella, gouda, or cheddar cheese for a fun twist. Oregano and cilantro make fun flavor combinations for the herbs, too. It’s also fine to sprinkle with onion or garlic salt as well.
What to Serve with Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread
- Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Alfredo
- Pork Chops
- And anything else you like!
More Appetizer Recipes
Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs – Easy appetizer idea!
Italian Crescent Ring – It will be devoured in minutes!
Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread – Super flavorful!
Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks – A healthy twist on a traditional recipe.