Turkey Roll Up with Pesto
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for a keto snack idea? This turkey roll-up is a perfect choice. Easy to make and simply delicious, this is a healthy snack for adults and kids alike.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Easy Snack Idea- Turkey Roll Up with Pesto
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy snack or trying to find a keto snack idea, this turkey roll up is perfect. These roll ups are packed with protein and stop hunger in its tracks. Pack them for lunch, eat them for an easy dinner or eat them when the mid afternoon slump hits.
Healthy Snacks for Adults
Sometimes finding healthy snacks can be difficult. Even as adults we tend to go for the unhealthy snacks. Whether it is chips, cookies or other unhealthy choices, when it comes to snacks, everyone can fall victim to choosing the wrong thing. Having a healthy snack idea, one that is keto friendly, is a great idea. When you have something easy to grab it can help you stay on track. These turkey roll ups with pesto is a great choice.
How Long Does Pesto Last
When you are using a homemade pesto recipe, it will usually stay good in the refrigerator for about a week. If you are using store bought bottled pesto, the unopened bottle of pesto will last about 3 weeks, when stored in the refrigerator. Once opened the pesto will last about 2 weeks. The opened bottle of pesto must be stored in the refrigerator. These times change when the pesto is not stored properly or when not kept in the refrigerator.
Can This Keto Snack Idea Be Made Ahead
If you are wondering if these keto snack ideas can be made ahead they can. It is a great way to stay on track. Make these roll ups and store them in the refrigerator. Make sure to wrap them in plastic or store them in an airtight container. Once made, you can grab a keto snack whenever you need it and it will help keep you away from the carb heavy alternatives. The turkey roll ups can be made daily or stored overnight. Use them for lunch, snack an easy dinner, or anytime you are reaching for something to eat.
Ingredients in Turkey Roll Up with Pesto
- turkey breast lunch meat
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pesto sauce
How to Make Turkey Roll Ups
Place a piece of the turkey breast meat on a flat plate or surface.
Spread a ½ tbsp of the pesto sauce over the center of the slice of turkey.
Place ½ a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the pesto sauce in the center of the turkey slice.
Layer thinly sliced tomatoes and lettuce on top of the cheese slice.
Roll the turkey slice tightly, and securely closed with a toothpick if desired.
Repeat the steps above with the remaining turkey slice to create two total turkey pesto roll ups. This recipe can be doubled or tripled to make additional servings of the turkey roll ups as well.
Need More Keto or Low Carb Recipes
Eating keto is a great way to be healthy and stay trim. However, sometimes, people struggle with what to make. Try some of these other ketos and low carb recipe ideas to help you stay on track with your healthy eating plan goals.
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – Cauliflower mac and cheese is a low carb comfort food that is healthy and keto! Once you bite into the cheesy goodness of the cauliflower cheese bake, you are going to forget all about the old stuff! This keto mac and cheese is way better because you know you are filling your body with much-needed nutrients.
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake – Loaded cauliflower bake is super EASY and packed with lots of yummy flavors. It’s the perfect low carb side dish you have been waiting for. You can serve it to go compliment any of your meals, or it’s so tasty you can eat it on its own. Either way, you are going to love every bite.
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe – These are the ultimate garlic butter meatballs with zucchini noodles! With every bite of these low carb meatballs, you will be yearning for the next one! They are buttery, have the perfect amount of garlic, and have lots of protein to keep you full. Not only are these garlic butter turkey meatballs perfect for an easy dinner, but they are also great for feeding a crowd too.
- Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice – This garlic butter chicken with cheesy cauliflower rice is a flavorful, delicious, and easy meal the entire family will love. When you taste the garlic butter sauce for chicken, you will be hooked for life! It’s seriously so scrumptious!
- Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles – Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles is about to become you’re favorite low-carb, easy “melt in your mouth” dinner recipe! It has quickly become one of my go-to steak recipes because it is so amazing!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Turkey Pesto Roll Ups
- 2 Large thick slices of turkey breast lunch meat
- 1 Slice of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of Pesto sauce
- Thin tomato slices
- Toothpicks, optional
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Place a piece of the turkey breast meat on a flat plate or surface.
- Spread a ½ tbsp of the pesto sauce over the center of the slice of turkey.
- Place ½ a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the pesto sauce in the center of the turkey slice.
- Layer thinly sliced tomatoes and lettuce on top of the cheese slice.
- Roll the turkey slice tightly, and secure closed with a toothpick if desired.
- Repeat the steps above with the remaining turkey slice to create two total turkey pesto roll ups. This recipe can be doubled or tripled to make additional servings of the turkey roll ups as well.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂